Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New 175 route......Information please?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Stephen15 wrote: »
    And it appears the NTA have taken the even crazier idea of sending the 75 through the heart of Dundrum Village.

Indeed,this is apparently the situation from October.

It may simply be that whomever within the NTA makes these decisions,is a Northsider and thus blissfully unaware of what actually constitutes Dundrum Village,and therefore will be open to a change of mind ?

Then again,perhaps not....:(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

I wonder would it be quicker if going from DL to Tallaght to get the 75 to Dundrum and then change to the 175 in Dundrum rather than going directly if it was timed correctly. Also for a more frequent connection you could the 46a to UCD and then get the 175 to Tallaght but this would take longer.

DL to Tallaght? Dart and tram surely. You would want to be a particularly dedicated bus bunny to do the 75 at all, let alone go for a 175 on top of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

DL to Tallaght? Dart and tram surely. You would want to be a particularly dedicated bus bunny to do the 75 at all, let alone go for a 175 on top of that.

75 to Dundrum and then the 175 to Tallaght could work out quicker and would avoid having to go through town.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,235 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fare structures, in particular monthly / annual tickets and capping encourage sticking to one mode, to the detriment of the passenger.

75 to Dundrum and then the 175 to Tallaght could work out quicker and would avoid having to go through town.

That will be a comforting thought while being utterly bogged down in Dundrum.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    Fare structures, in particular monthly / annual tickets and capping encourage sticking to one mode, to the detriment of the passenger.

Clearly that has to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Qrt

I got this from Dundrum Luas to Jobstown today. It arrived ten minutes later than the timetable says, and took about an hour and five minutes to get to my stop. Not great but definitely a tremendous improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

I've tried 175 a few times now in different parts of day/morning and 75 definitely works better (well, quicker) for me for Tallaght to Dundrum route.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Vladi_ wrote: »
    I've tried 175 a few times now in different parts of day/morning and 75 definitely works better (well, quicker) for me for Tallaght to Dundrum route.

From what I've heard they're pretty well used by UCD students though so far, reports of quite full buses leaving there, so clearly going down well with some people.

devnull wrote: »
    From what I've heard they're pretty well used by UCD students though so far, reports of quite full buses leaving there, so clearly going down well with some people.

I was driving along Taney Road tonight and noticed someone was standing waiting for it at almost every stop.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Not only that but theres quicker alternatives, I find the 27 & 46a combo is the best option at present as both buses are every 10/15mins during peak hours. Takes me a little over an hour. Where as the 75 all the way takes closer to 2 at times, the norm being about 1hr 40mins.

If only the 65 was more frequent/more reliable at present, hopping off at Portobello and taking a 5min stroll down the canal to Leeson St Bridge and hopping on the 46a there can be done in an hour.

Wont get to test the 175 for awhile yet, doesnt sound too promising tho.

An hour? On the 27? I assume you don't do the whole route?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Tried this route twice for a short part of the overall route from UCD to Dundrum.

The buses are nice and have that new bus smell (well they smell like new carpet to be honest). My one was a 182D so I presume a new delivery and not a DB transfer?

Drivers very pleasant and they look the part.

But, these guys are obviously very new. Are they largely completely new to driving buses rather than moving from other companies? The bus crawled and stopping at bus stops seemed like a very cautiously taken maneuver and alot of preemptive breaking / slowing down far in advance of what would be normal on DB or for a car driver.

Maybe they are just driving the way buses should always have been driven but it felt unnatural. That said, we've all got to start somewhere and it's an observation not a judgement.

RTPI at all stops was active and the onboard announcements working.

mrs.may wrote: »
    Its doomed to fail going the current route, need bus lands and priority light changes, i dont blame GA, no one could make this operate faster, the NTA are to blame , should have had roads sorted before it started, it dont give much hope for Bus Connects, new routes no new "help" for buses to move smooth and fast.

The layout at J12 is atrocious. There's two lanes to turn into the M50 from Ballyboden, and one to go straight ahead. They need to take one of the lanes and make it a bus lane. I think I was ten minutes there basically stationary.

It also showed up about 15 minutes later than indicated at the stop timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is this route part of the BusConnects plan, or is it up for review like all others?

Is it possible to get RTI for this? It's not on the DB app, for obvious reasons.

Is this route part of the BusConnects plan, or is it up for review like all others?

Is it possible to get RTI for this? It's not on the DB app, for obvious reasons.

Real time information is available on the TFI journey planner. Yes this route is going to be changed under Bus Connects.
    It will be replaced by the S6/S7 from Blackrock to Tallaght via UCD.

Still not appearing on the TFI real time app only the journey planner for some reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This predates busconnects and there are replacement route(s) in the plan

L1011 wrote: »
    This predates busconnects and there are replacement route(s) in the plan

This route was meant to be introduced during Network Direct never mind BC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Qrt wrote: »
    The layout at J12 is atrocious. There's two lanes to turn into the M50 from Ballyboden, and one to go straight ahead. They need to take one of the lanes and make it a bus lane. I think I was ten minutes there basically stationary.

J12 is an absolute disaster. Its tragically under capacity for what it has to do, let alone adding buses to the mix. But then the roads off J12 are not much better so tinkering here would have little effect overall.

Has the bus lane that's not in use on Wyckham Way near Dundrum SC been reinstated and if not why not?

Has the bus lane that's not in use on Wyckham Way near Dundrum SC been reinstated and if not why not?

I noticed that. It's not in use. Dundrum really is a nightmare.

• Advertisement

The new stops for this route are up now on the TFI real time app however no sign of the actual real time yet. Could be working properly tommorrow but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Over a week late now.

Tech issues with Real Time Ireland app I'm led to believe.

They updated it last week and a fair few odd things going on with it.

Tech issues with Real Time Ireland app I'm led to believe.

They updated it last week and a fair few odd things going on with it.

Could it be anything to with GAI buses having a different AVLS system to DB I wonder or are they the same?

Could it be anything to with GAI buses having a different AVLS system to DB I wonder or are they the same?

Doubt it, the DB services are not showing properly either and coming up as trains.

Doubt it, the DB services are not showing properly either and coming up as trains.

I have also noticed Train stations being marked with a Luas icon and Luas stops being marked with a train icon so that might explain it

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

I have also noticed Train stations being marked with a Luas icon and Luas stops being marked with a train icon so that might explain it

I think that (is meant to) indicate connections no ?

I think that (is meant to) indicate connections no ?

No DL was marked with a Luas icon no Luas in DL

Real Time now showing up on: http://rtpi.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭KD345

Still not showing on the TFI Real Time app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Looks like its just the timetabled time on display something like Aircoach. So it isn't real time.

Advertisement