Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Obituary / Newspaper look up, please

• 20-06-2018 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Between dna, irishgenealogy.ie and the Deansgrange Burial records, I've found my grandmother's birth mother :)

Could I trouble some kind soul to take a look and see if there's an obituary for
    Mary Mooney, nee McCann - died 26/04/1958. Address 1a,Tivoli Avenue, Harolds Cross

and / or

Michael Mooney (her husband) - died 23/01/1977. Address 90 Rutlands Flats,Kimmage.

I don't think Mary went on to have other children but I hoping an obit might show up other family members.

I've a few credits on scotlandspeople so if I can repay a favour I will.

Thanks a million,

S.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Herald obit for Mary found, looking for Michael. Will PM you the screenshot(s)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Michael found, sent the text of both on as you can't attach images to PMs.

Took a quick look for acknowledgements a month on and don't see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Thanks a million!

It's funny - I was about to email Mount Jerome last week as I assumed with an address in Harold's Cross, she would've gone there. Took a quick look at the Deansgrange records and there they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

shar01 wrote: »
    Thanks a million!

It's funny - I was about to email Mount Jerome last week as I assumed with an address in Harold's Cross, she would've gone there. Took a quick look at the Deansgrange records and there they were.

Worth looking into and following up also on anyone else in the same grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

I have - just the pair of them in the plot.

Mary would've been 42/43 when she married so I wasn't reckoning on any further children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Hi, does anyone know of any uk websites similar to RIP.IE, where you can look up deaths and/or obituaries of deaths in the UK (Recent deaths and some older deaths around 1970's)

Or what would be the best site to find UK Obituaries?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

British newspaper archives. There's no free equivalent other than iannounce.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement