Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

A Thanks to everyone in this. thread I signed back up to Netflix yesterday on the two screen plan from Turkey at just a smidgen over 4 euros :) couldn't use my revolut card though but accepted my regular bank card without any bother

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey folks, I am planning on doing this turkey trick, I currently have netflix running with a sub. If I cancel that sub and wait until it's expired, can I use the same email address I had been using all along and maintain the history/etc in there? Or will I need to create a brand new account anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey folks, I am planning on doing this turkey trick, I currently have netflix running with a sub. If I cancel that sub and wait until it's expired, can I use the same email address I had been using all along and maintain the history/etc in there? Or will I need to create a brand new account anyway?

Yes you can use the same account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

You must wait until the account actually stops working. Many don't wait and run into bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi all.... just arrived into this thread. Can someone shortcut me and give me a link to the Turkish site.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You need to read the thread, it's not that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Masala wrote: »
    Hi all.... just arrived into this thread. Can someone shortcut me and give me a link to the Turkish site.

Thanks

There's an FAQ in the very first post of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 forspotify

Anybody selling a 4K family member slot?

Please let me know price for 12 months.

Happy to pay by PayPal or Revolut

Thanks

Chieftain wrote: »
    My Netflix expired yesterday, so went into Turkish site today. Used Tor browser ( you can add a line to a configuration file so the last circuit shows you as in Turkey). Only problem was that I wasnt able to sign into my account for some reason. Kept saying there was a problem. So I went for the free trial and used a different email address. Went for the premium plan at 39.99 lira. Took a few tries to get it to accept the Revolut card but it did on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Hopefully it will be ok once the first payment is due.

Just wanted to say that this worked for me. Steps followed:
    1. Tried VPN options on Firefox and Chrome - kept getting blocked by needing mobile number, so stopped this.
    2. Downloaded tor browser: https://www.torproject.org/download/
    3. Opened the folder where Tor was installed (defaulted to my desktop)
    4. Edited the file C:\Users\Dulpit\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc
    5. The file was initially blank, added the line ExitNodes {tr} and saved.
    6. Opened Tor, went to netflix.com. It defaulted to the Turkish site.
    7. As previous poster said, clicking login does not work. Clicking Try 30 Days Free does work though. I went for the Standard plan at 29.99 Lira.
    8. When prompted to enter new email address/password I just used my existing details, it recognised I had an account and welcomed me back. I then entered payment details (Revolut) and saved. Revolut shows me being charged €4.57, much better than the €11.99 on Irish site.
    9. I did a quick test on netflix now and all seems normal, still have view history, breakdown of family, all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I see Netflix is up across Europe for the top plans, €12 for full hd 2 screens and €16 for 4k and 4 screens

Anyone know what the price increase is for Turkey or what the story is? Can't find anything myself

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/netflix-confirms-price-increases-for-irish-subscribers-1.3930886

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    someone previously added their irish mobile and it worked no problem to renew their sub via turkey

Weird, didn't work for me... Either way, resolved now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I see Netflix is up across Europe for the top plans, €12 for full hd 2 screens and €16 for 4k and 4 screens

Anyone know what the price increase is for Turkey or what the story is? Can't find anything myself

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/netflix-confirms-price-increases-for-irish-subscribers-1.3930886

Netflix Turkey going up per the below. A devastating 20 cent increase p/m for me on the Standard plan

Basic: TRY 15:99 to TRY 17:99
    Standard: TRY 27:99 to TRY 29.90
    Premium: TRY 39.99 to TRY 41.99

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/2019/06/21/netflix-hikes-fees-for-turkish-european-subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I, for one, am absolutely outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

Signed up no problem via Turkey. I'm based in Australia using Ivacy vpn. I use a no fee for foreign transaction credit card.
    Wish I did it sooner tbh.
    Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Netflix Turkey going up per the below. A devastating 20 cent increase p/m for me on the Standard plan

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/2019/06/21/netflix-hikes-fees-for-turkish-european-subscribers

Which is still way cheaper.
    At least they are putting them up everywhere and not just Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scano.ie

Argentina prices going up too from ARS219 to ARS269 (or €4.50 to €5.50) for the 2 screen pack

I think the poster was being sarcastic about the whopping price increase

Very true.
    My point was price is going up everywhere so at least the increase is consistent and not just for Turkey which I'm sure now must have more subscribers than population!

You mean it’s consistent
    I don’t think there are more subscribers than population of turkey lol, look at how many people can’t manage to sign up that are posting on here
    The majority of people wouldn’t bother with it

Changed. ;)

Ohmeha wrote: »

Standard: TRY 27:99 to TRY 29.90
    Premium: TRY 39.99 to TRY 41.99

Similar 20 cent increase for me on the premium plan, my last month cost me €6.40 so I won't be complaining when I'm still saving €10 a month

I've often gone a couple weeks without even using Netflix, but at the price I'm paying I'll still sub for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

Is a VPN just needed for sign up?

Once you have an account I assume you can access as normal through smart tv etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

893bet wrote: »
    Is a VPN just needed for sign up?

Once you have an account I assume you can access as normal through smart tv etc?

Try reading post #1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I have a few subs form BA. Think I'll get rid of Deezer now that I have YouTube family. Any other good ones worth getting?

Netflix Premium. 39.99TRY (€6.10)
    YouTube family. 189INR (€2.38)
    Deezer. 14.99TRY (€2.29)
    Crunchy roll. 99ARS (€2.06)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭cletus

You mean it’s consistent
    I don’t think there are more subscribers than population of turkey lol, look at how many people can’t manage to sign up that are posting on here
    The majority of people wouldn’t bother with it

I've told exactly everybody I know who has Netflix about this loophole, and precisely nobody has availed of it. Most people say something along the lines of "Jaysus, is that right. Can you do that, you can?", and then continue to pay the Irish rates. It's just too much hassle for most people

cletus wrote: »
    I've told exactly everybody I know who has Netflix about this loophole, and precisely nobody has availed of it. Most people say something along the lines of "Jaysus, is that right. Can you do that, you can?", and then continue to pay the Irish rates. It's just too much hassle for most people

I've even offered to do it for people and they're still not bothered, a couple were even convinced they'd be stuck with Turkish Netflix and even after I showed them my account and my bank statements with the payments out still think it's not as simple as I've said it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭lau1247

I've even offered to do it for people and they're still not bothered, a couple were even convinced they'd be stuck with Turkish Netflix and even after I showed them my account and my bank statements with the payments out still think it's not as simple as I've said it is

Sometimes you just can't save the people that doesn't want to be saved ;)

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Not one person I told has changed. Not one. Want to save a hundred euro a year for 2 minutes work? Then again no one changes electricity suppliers either....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

Anyone I told was convinced the cops would be banging on their door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Well, worked for me using Revolut, so thank you OP and everyone!

mod edit no peddling of codes please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

scano.ie wrote: »
    Argentina prices going up too from ARS219 to ARS269 (or €4.50 to €5.50) for the 2 screen pack

Bastardos! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭cletus

Bastardos! ;)

Move to Turkey...

Advertisement