Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quidco £30.00 cashback on worldremit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Could you send it to yourself if you have an account in another country?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Stupify wrote: »

yeah, I have an N26 account which is German based, what's the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Bit off topic but are these sites any good? I had set up a TCB account and it's taken about 2 months and jumping through hoops in order for me to get .70c back from an amazon purchase I made back in December!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭suave.4u

yup, thats what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Asmodean wrote: »
    Bit off topic but are these sites any good? I had set up a TCB account and it's taken about 2 months and jumping through hoops in order for me to get .70c back from an amazon purchase I made back in December!

It is £30 atleast...well worth a punt

• Advertisement

Just tried it there, will update when it tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

What did you put in for a German address ?

And did you click "funds to self" as the reason ?

Thanks

Rennaws wrote: »
    What did you put in for a German address ?

And did you click "funds to self" as the reason ?

Thanks

I put in my Irish address since the N26 account is registered to there.

And yes, I picked funds to self.

Another way to do it would be to pay from the N26 account into your Irish bank account too.

Well it tracked, I did a transfer of over 100 pounds trying to get the £50 cashback but its only tracking for the £30, either way I'll be happy if it goes through.

well I've tried it out - also used the code to get a free transaction so we'll see if it tracks (transfer was in € so I went with €125 to get over the limit)

EDIT - got an email, tracked for £30 rather than £50, which is still better than a kick in the face. Free money for transfer cash from one bank account to another, this is a great BA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Just to be aware if you use your credit card for this you may be liable for credit card fees as its treated as a cash transfer.

https://www.worldremit.com/en/faq/payments/debit-credit-cards#14319

Some credit card issuers may charge a fee as the transaction is classed as a cash transfer. The fee, if any, will depend upon your individual card terms and conditions and is not charged by WorldRemit.

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Just to be aware if you use your credit card for this you may be liable for credit card fees as its treated as a cash transfer.

Some credit card issuers may charge a fee as the transaction is classed as a cash transfer. The fee, if any, will depend upon your individual card terms and conditions and is not charged by WorldRemit.

I thought that might happen so used debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Well it tracked, I did a transfer of over 100 pounds trying to get the £50 cashback but its only tracking for the £30, either way I'll be happy if it goes through.

Same.
    loyatemu wrote: »
    I thought that might happen so used debit card.

Same..

Best BA in along time.. Nice on OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭Soarer

Does it work with Revolut?

And if it does, is it a case of....
    Create World account.
    Transfer money.
    Wait for it to track with Quidco.
    Transfer money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

Soarer wrote: »
    Does it work with Revolut?

And if it does, is it a case of....
    Create World account.
    Transfer money.
    Wait for it to track with Quidco.
    Transfer money back.

No, it doesn’t work with Revolut. When you try and pay with revolut, the revolut app say “unsupported merchant” and it doesn’t go through.

I used another card any it also tracked In Quidco at £30 rather than £50. Still free money so I’m not complaining. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

r0chf0rt wrote: »

Coming up with fees of 3.99 whatever amount I enter debit card to N26 account

Coming up with fees of 3.99 whatever amount I enter debit card to N26 account

that's the standard fee for WorldRemit - use the code FREE to get it removed for your first transaction.

that's the standard fee for WorldRemit - use the code FREE to get it removed for your first transaction.

Jumped the gun and paid the 3.99 fee. Initially tracking at 50p on quidco.

Jumped the gun and paid the 3.99 fee. Initially tracking at 50p on quidco.

Updated now to “Your purchase on 28 Feb 2019, 22:30 for £174.92 and for £30.00 cashback at WorldRemit has been tracked”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

If you use that code, do you void the quidco cashback?
    lots of their offers do not allow the use of other codes unless explicitly stated.

• Advertisement

If you use that code, do you void the quidco cashback?
    lots of their offers do not allow the use of other codes unless explicitly stated.

the code is from Quidco as well - it's from the link in the OP. My cashback tracked fine @ £30 (should be £50, maybe it'll update later on).

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Ireland does not show on countries to send money to on world remit site.

How are people sending money to themselves (apart from N26/Germany)?

jc77 wrote: »
    Ireland does not show on countries to send money to on world remit site.

How are people sending money to themselves (apart from N26/Germany)?

It's a service for sending money abroad, so if you're in Ireland you need to send to another country. I used N26.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Revolut Iban is U.K. so that should work in theory, I haven’t tried it myself but I will over the weekend

I'd hold off on sending any money to Revolut for the time being - their CFO resigned and their app is now down. Might be nothing, but wait a few days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Trying to understand but it's not clicking in my head. Can someone explain exactly what I need to do. I have an AIB account and a revolut account based in GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Doesn’t work to Revolut as the U.K. is not in the drop down menu for destitnation country, I tried earlier
    Someone else tried going from Revolut to an Irish bank as Revolut isn’t recognised, another user tried yesterday

United Kingdom showed up for me.

What did you put as your sending/home country?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Just sent 150 to my N26 bank account

How long does it take to track guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Did the tranfer to n26 account take long?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I just sent it to N26, hasn't arrived yet

I also just got an email from worldremit asking me to verify my identity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I just sent it to N26, hasn't arrived yet

I also just got an email from worldremit asking me to verify my identity

I used N26 too. I don't expect it to arrive until Monday.

I got that verify email too but it's only if you make another transfer.

Advertisement