Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaun Murphy at it again?

• 08-12-2009 10:42pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just watching the live stream of Murphy vs Ding and at the end of the 10th frame, Ding won it and the score was 7(17)3 to Ding and he was looking good for the match. Ding decided to leave the arena for a moment, nothing unusual there you would think.

Anywho, while Ding was out, Shaun went up to the referee to complain that he was leaving the arena after every frame. It wasn't too clear to hear exactly what he said, but that was the general gist of it.

Terry Griffiths wasn't too impressed with this in the commentary box either, pretty much along the lines of it's none of his business.

For anyone who doesn't know Shaun's track record with circumstances such as these, have a look here.

He's a great player and all that, but I really don't like this part of him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Ding doesnt seem like that kind of player.

What Murphy did against Maguire just wasnt cricket. I can understand somebody turning up late and being docked frames, but not for that.

Although I have just discovered Ding was heading out after EVERY frame, which is a bit much.

Ken when discussing it with Parrott did say it was a bit much as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Maybe it was a bit much, I didn't watch a lot of the match, but maybe Ding was feeling a bit ill or indeed just had "the runs."

Also, I was surprised they never mentioned anything about it on the highlights show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

celticfc wrote: »
    I was just watching the live stream of Murphy vs Ding and at the end of the 10th frame, Ding won it and the score was 7(17)3 to Ding and he was looking good for the match. Ding decided to leave the arena for a moment, nothing unusual there you would think.

Anywho, while Ding was out, Shaun went up to the referee to complain that he was leaving the arena after every frame. It wasn't too clear to hear exactly what he said, but that was the general gist of it.

Terry Griffiths wasn't too impressed with this in the commentary box either, pretty much along the lines of it's none of his business.

For anyone who doesn't know Shaun's track record with circumstances such as these, have a look here.

He's a great player and all that, but I really don't like this part of him.

Yes i thought the exact same thing when i seen him complain to the ref about ding leaving arena, the time he complained to ref when maguire forgot his chalk was ridiculous as well, ding hammered him and its that simple. This complaining to ref is hard to believe really, especially to have frames deducted from opponent. I think in the maguire one he actually pointed out to the ref that the rule states a frame should be deducted if a player arrives not ready to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

spongeman wrote: »
    Although I have just discovered Ding was heading out after EVERY frame, which is a bit much.

Ken when discussing it with Parrott did say it was a bit much as well.

Well a bit much or not, murphy should have a bit of cop on, look at his other complaints to ref`s, having opponets docked frames etc. If a player (maguire) forgets his chalk and murphy goes to the ref and points out the rules state maguire should be docked a frame, thats just hard to believe. Imagine if he was a garda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 The Nation

One of the few current players I dislike espeicially after that Stephen Maguire incident a couple of years ago.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Well a bit much or not, murphy should have a bit of cop on, look at his other complaints to ref`s, having opponets docked frames etc. If a player (maguire) forgets his chalk and murphy goes to the ref and points out the rules state maguire should be docked a frame, thats just hard to believe. Imagine if he was a garda

yeah he would be out doing checkpoints even in bad weather !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

He's such a smarmy cock. Can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Has given Ronnie a hard time for not doing interviews at one time when Ronnie was having some problems or something and then does a long interview about how he was bullied for being fat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭Omega28

never liked Murphy! fantastic player an all with a superb cue arm but I just don't rate him as being in the top 4 in the world but the rakings speak for themselves, regarding his antics, bit outta line going to ref's and askin them to dock a frame cause the other player forgot their chalk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The man is a buffoon. Smarmy, snidey & spoilt brat sense off of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

A few years back i went with Ken Doherty to the final stages of what was originally called the 'Matchroom League' but then became the 'Dr Martins League'. This was held in a conference room in Rushen and Diamonds football ground in Northampton (Dr Martins and Rushen were owned by the same guy)

During the final between Ken and Stephen Hendry a mini exhibition was arranged introducing a young local player. This boy was aged 13 and boy could he play, but that's as far as it went, he had no manners, was very arrogant and showed total disrespect to both Ken and Stephen.

Even in the players room after he continued his arrogance, i could'nt believe the way he even spoke to his father, ordering him to do this and that,but the biggest display of his manners was when two young local lads made their way into the players room and got both Kens and Stephens autographs but when this player was asked for his he simply turned his back and politely informed them that he was'nt signing autographs!!! I could'nt believe it.

This player has risen through the ranks and has won both the world and UK C'ships and it never seems to surprise me what he's capable of as he was like this as a junior player.

His name is 'Shaun Murphy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭Omega28

iv heard numerous of stories from fans regardin askin shaun for an autograph! he needs a slap!
    I'm going to the masters next month and I see a fan going up to him askin for an autograph and him turnin him down, I'll go up and say somethin to the arrogant fecker! one of my disliked players I have to say!

Advertisement