Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Haha, imagine having the neck to call to someone's house, and then complain about the coffee they made you :pac:

You've not met my friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've never had bacon bits in my life. How do you eat them, any recommendations?

nice in a bolognese sauce too

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

sweetie wrote: »
    nice in a bolognese sauce too
    I second that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I avoided the biscuits or whatever cheap treat is going and got another euro off for the next shop, thats three in a row now, woot! I will probably get a free lump of coal on the next scratchcard to balance it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,708 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Chocolate with almonds 100g worth 79c on the scratchcard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

FanadMan wrote: »
    A few days ago I left my phone in the car while I was in Lidl. Woman at checkout asked if I had the app - yep, but forgot my phone. She input my phone number and by the time I got to the car my digital receipt was on the phone.

That's class in fairness. It's such a handy app!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

The pringles which are on offer seem to be sold out any store i go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I always scan my phone at the start of the transaction so you know its working. Agree that the hole in perspex screen is fiddly and scanning the QR code blindly can be tricky but Ive gotten the hang of it now

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Kasey_Don wrote: »
    Stopped using this app, not worth the time or effort.

The gap in the perspex for the phone to scan is tiny. I could easily see myself clipping the plastic and phone falling from my hand.

And there's also the worry that the damn scanner will not be working after buying everything. I did my shopping, said I wanted to scan and then told it wasn't working. Another worker had to open a till and I scanned it there. Embarrassing holding everyone up for that.

You can just call out your mobile number at the till, no stress and no need for panic. Pity you've given up on it, I think it's brilliant. Bought a kettle and needed to return it but couldn't find my receipt and the girl asked if I had used Lidl Plus cos receipt be there. Genius!!!!

They added Garlic 200g for 39c to the offers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Kasey_Don wrote: »
    Stopped using this app, not worth the time or effort.

The gap in the perspex for the phone to scan is tiny. I could easily see myself clipping the plastic and phone falling from my hand.

And there's also the worry that the damn scanner will not be working after buying everything. I did my shopping, said I wanted to scan and then told it wasn't working. Another worker had to open a till and I scanned it there. Embarrassing holding everyone up for that.

Ditto here. Got the 5 off initially, and then used twice more for the offers. No issues with the process of scanning , but thinking about the amount of information I'm giving away for them in return for a couple of quid. I have to hand it to them though, amazing marketing when you look at the Pavlovian behaviour it's instilling .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'm finding it glitchy this morning, trouble activating new offers, updated app, offer updates, then says not available, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭One More Toy

pc7 wrote: »
    I'm finding it glitchy this morning, trouble activating new offers, updated app, offer updates, then says not available, anyone else?

Yeah it's acting the dick here too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Nollog

logically wrote: »
    thiinking about the amount of information I'm giving away for them in return for a couple of quid.

The information of what you're buying in their shop?
    pc7 wrote: »

Usually does early on the day of the new offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

logically wrote: »
    Ditto here. Got the 5 off initially, and then used twice more for the offers. No issues with the process of scanning , but thinking about the amount of information I'm giving away for them in return for a couple of quid. I have to hand it to them though, amazing marketing when you look at the Pavlovian behaviour it's instilling .

If you're worried about being tracked by a Lidl loyalty app you best get rid of your smartphone/social media/any loyalty cards/debit/credit cards etc because in most cases they would have a hell of a lot more info on you then your name/number and what type of bread you buy.

22/10
    nKpn8tU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Will be getting 5 maybe 6 out of those 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gussieg

things id like to see on the app : some ready meals , salads coleslaw etc, some nice chocolate or desserts, relish, their new chilli hot chocolate, crisps or tortillas .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭thesandeman

gussieg wrote: »
    things id like to see on the app : some ready meals , salads coleslaw etc, some nice chocolate or desserts, relish, their new chilli hot chocolate, crisps or tortillas .

The odd chainsaw or nose trimmer would be handy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The odd chainsaw or nose trimmer would be handy as well.

Make sure you never mix those two up :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Was a decent enough idea but it's not really being done right tbh. The weekly offers might normally contain an item or 2 you might throw in if you were going to Lidl anyway, there's nothing there that would ever cause you to go specifically to Lidl, which should be the point I'd say. The scratch and win, sometimes a 30c pack of sweets/biscuits is pretty pointless too.

I won't not go to Lidl over it or anything but it's a lame effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gussieg

i have to say i do find lately that i shop more in lidl than anywhere else, and the staff seems friendlier and nicer than say a certain uk based competitor that i havent really bothered with lately as they just seem to be upping prices and little to draw one in, plus people who work there seem very underwhelmed altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Another €1 off next shop, Lidl basically buying all my milk for me these days.

Annoying that the good stuff on the app is always out of stock though, like no mince or chicken kievs all week in Limerick, the need to triple/quadruple the amount they buy in for the app on stuff like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Seems to vary. I picked up two of the steak mince in one shop but when in another shop later that day there was none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Thargor wrote: »

Annoying that the good stuff on the app is always out of stock though, like no mince or chicken kievs all week in Limerick, the need to triple/quadruple the amount they buy in for the app on stuff like that...
    You are just unlucky. Plenty of mince in my local lidl this morning and picked up the kinder chocolates as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,977 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got the Kinder and Coke but the mince looked terrible. So, I gave it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭amacca

Thargor wrote: »

You got lucky...plenty of it left in freezer in a lidl near me.......its made from "chopped/shaped" chicken.................too easy to hide poor quality low grade stuff in that

The mince was a different story however, what was in my place at least looked good quality to me, the time they had the whole chicken that was a good price and at least you knew what the meat was + the deal on the pork chops were good and you could tell what part of the animal the meat comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was raised on St Bernards chicken kievs or wherever they were cheapest and I turned out semi-alright, they're a comfort food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Nollog

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Calling the chicken Kiev’s good stuff is a stretch, it’s made from pure muck - chopped and formed chicken same as the cheap tenders they sell

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mKwL5G5HbGA

If you're expecting freshly breaded chicken breasts with a deeply flavourful garlic sauce from the freezer section in Lidl, I have bad news for you.
    I had them tonight, they're better than the last Kiev I had from a freezer, in that they didn't break open. Fine for lazy nights in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I think they are pure muck even compared to the Moy park ones..

Advertisement