Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Anyone got a link for Mexican Netflix? Can't get onto it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Anyone got a link for Mexican Netflix? Can't get onto it. :o

Netflix loads the local page based on your location. If in Ireland, it will load Irish site.

grogi wrote: »
    Netflix loads the local page based on your location. If in Ireland, it will load Irish site.

I was using a vpn?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I was using a vpn?

With a Mexico based server?

I tried; €4.90 for basic, €6.70 Standard, €8.95 premium.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    With a Mexico based server?

I tried; €4.90 for basic, €6.70 Standard, €8.95 premium.

USA. I was using Hola and they didn't have Mexico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

How can I get 6 months half price?

Apologies this has already been answered!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Millem wrote: »
    How can I get 6 months half price?

Apologies this has already been answered!

This was my mistake. They no longer offer this

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭migrant

I was using a vpn?
    I was watching you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

branners69 wrote: »
    An updated list is kept here of cheapest place to get Netflix:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vId7Jpl8pBUJNE4ghcuq24R9mD1k5BOsRC85cmnDB5s/edit#gid=2040029773
    Mexico is only €4 a month!

What would the selection be like from a Mexican account? Would you get similar to the US level or much less?

Looking at the US premium price they are pretty much the same as here. But you would get much more of a selection. Would you need a VPN on constantly or could you be traveling and get access to the US content over here?
    You get content for the region you are currently in. So you’ll get the same Asan Irish account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ted1 wrote: »
    You get content for the region you are currently in. So you’ll get the same Asan Irish account

Does this mean you can use a VPN to create a Mexican account and thereafter just log in normally in any browser/device? :confused:

Seems almost too easy to be true....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

cronos wrote: »
    Boardsie family like we have going for Spotify?

I'm not sure the "boardsie spotify family" process would work for netflix - with Netflix it's the one login per account and each person in the account would have access to each profile in the account. There's an element of trust with our boardsie spotify family but at least we each retain our own login details.

...no offence if you're into some of the stranger categories (full category listing here, incl. the "secret" ones) like belgian movies, but having seen some of the posts here, I really don't want to see some of the stuff that ye would be watching coming up in my history or recommendations....the potential for mischief would be too hard to resist...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Does this mean you can use a VPN to create a Mexican account and thereafter just log in normally in any browser/device? :confused:

Seems almost too easy to be true....

Yeah I would like to know the same can you just get a trial VPN say unblockus change region to Mexico go to Netflix Page and sign up with Revolut card? Will it not change back to Irish plan after a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Mr.S wrote: »
    If everyone used their own profile within the account, you wouldn’t see each others history or recommendations! Plus with the Spotify sharing thing, nothing stopping the lead account holder removing everyone and running away with 100+Euro, surprised it hasn’t happened before!

yeah, but that's the point - in spotify you can't access the other users profiles, but in netflix you can. keeping your nose out of the other profiles would be hard and even harder would be resisting the opportunity to mess with their recently viewed list!

and as regards spotify - don't be so cynical the BA members are way too nice to do such a thing....aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROVER

I set up a US account years ago. Pay in dollars get Irish content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I for one would have no interest in what others are watching or messing with it. I would be happy to be getting my own cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

ROVER wrote: »
    I set up a US account years ago. Pay in dollars get Irish content.

How much are you paying, as i've never tried out Netflix, but after seeing some of the ideas here, i'm in 2 minds in paying for E12 for it now!

UK Site costs - £7/€9 - UK IP needed?
    US Site costs - ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

I use unblock-us on my TV, if I change the region to somewhere outside the UK or Ireland then Netflix will detect it, won't load the film and give an error

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Del007 wrote: »
    I use unblock-us on my TV, if I change the region to somewhere outside the UK or Ireland then Netflix will detect it, won't load the film and give an error

That's different though - that's using VPN to access content from outside the country where you're located, which Netflix have been clamping down on for years. What people are suggesting is using VPN to sign up (and subsequently be billed) from a country that is cheaper then the euro zone price.

Unless you fiddle with settings that you're not supposed to, you get the correct content for the country you're accessing it from. That's always been the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

ablelocks wrote: »
    I'm not sure the "boardsie spotify family" process would work for netflix - with Netflix it's the one login per account and each person in the account would have access to each profile in the account. There's an element of trust with our boardsie spotify family but at least we each retain our own login details.

...no offence if you're into some of the stranger categories (full category listing here, incl. the "secret" ones) like belgian movies, but having seen some of the posts here, I really don't want to see some of the stuff that ye would be watching coming up in my history or recommendations....the potential for mischief would be too hard to resist...:D

There's a group of us, 3 boardsies and a buddy from xbox, who do this- works fine, everyone set up as an individual user and i have never thought to look at what the lads are watching, mostly cos i couldn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bot43

Do Netflix are still solid on the vpn blocking? Curses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭ Guadalupe Prickly Recruiter

bot43 wrote:
    Do Netflix are still solid on the vpn blocking? Curses.

There are some vpns available that work, so I've heard. Wouldn't know anything about it, of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

ibFoxer wrote: »
    There's a group of us, 3 boardsies and a buddy from xbox, who do this- works fine, everyone set up as an individual user and i have never thought to look at what the lads are watching, mostly cos i couldn't care.

I would be up for this, any other takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROVER

There is a greater risk of sharing Netflix with strangers compared to Spotify. Any one of the users could change the password and hijack the account. Maybe remote chance but still possible. I share with extended family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I will take a sub off ya
    Setanter wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

Use nordvpn atm and no joy with netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

So now we are three.
    One slot left
    Revolut or N26 user preferred

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I'm interested also. How about Mexican 4 screen option?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Id be interested in joining

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭ Guadalupe Prickly Recruiter

A couple of people have PM'd me, if I haven't replied to you, clear your inboxes, there's a few full ones I can't reply up.

Advertisement