Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid nation ( Katherine Thomas )

• 25-03-2020 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

Why oh why won't she leave us alone? Why do these b celebs keep forcing themselves on license payers.
    Is there really people out there who need advice from her ? And her sidekick? The guy who looks like count Dracula from seasame street?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

RTE need an excuse to pay theses people who only got the job because of friends or family obscene wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Wiki:
    Thomas revealed in 2015 that a series of shooting stars inked on the inside of her lower left arm were not tattoos but were in fact transfers.

That put my mind at rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Never seen this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Kathryn Thomas tells the nation how her family nearly got coronavirus

Much like the time her mother visited Tunisia, flew home and was in Ireland when a gunman in Tunisia launched an attack at a muesum

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Never seen this.

Starts next month - god help us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Who?

You know. Catherin Tomas

• Registered Users Posts: 30,028 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know. If things weren't bad enough they'll do a show with her yelling at people to exercise at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Name of the show is in poor taste really.

I know it’s a play on words of the original programme, but it’s not as though they couldn’t have come up with an infinite number of alternative programme titles.

As for the programme itself, not my cup of tea anyway, but undoubtedly it’s a popular programme and I can imagine it’ll be a ratings topper, if only to point and laugh at the participants so the audience feels better about themselves.

I thought OP was spoofing with the title of Kathryn’s new tv show, so I googled it. As everyone else knows, he’s not joking. Incredibly poor taste - people are literally dying from this virus

Also, I don’t personally feel RTE’s own publicity photo is doing Kathryn any favours

507027.jpeg
    EA810F8B-3B08-4011-A79E-B034F3040A40.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭fluke

As per the last couple of posters - really poor show title.

RTE should just show some comedies similar to a Christmas schedule, but with more inspired movie choices.

Nobody want to see Catether Thomas, nor another insipid reality show.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,193 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is this the same Katherine Thomas who told how her mother was close to the attacks at the hotel resort in Egypt in 2016.

Her same mother who left the area are days before the attacks.

RTÉ suddenly have a surplus budget they're incinerating to justify licence fee hike. Hence rushed filler like 'Covid Nation'. Next we'll have Amy Huberman with her doctorate in zumba promoting a line of quirky leggings.

RTÉ suddenly have a surplus budget they're incinerating to justify licence fee hike. Hence rushed filler like 'Covid Nation'. Next we'll have Amy Huberman with her doctorate in zumba promoting a line of quirky leggings.

Good. I’m more likely to watch that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Can't wait for Dancing with the SARS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Thomas has to keep her name our there . So she can get lucrative shop openings etc despite earning huge money. Same for Claire Byrne.
    I know there are no shop openings now but one looks to the Future.
    Im all for keeping fit but don't need these people telling me the bleeding obvious. But lots of wannabe stars out there willing to make fools of themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Sounds like a sketch from brass eye.

🙈🙉🙊

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bobtheman wrote: »
    And her sidekick? The guy who looks like count Dracula from seasame street?

Laughed out loud at this, is that the fitness guy? Karl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

I thought the title was a wind up. I am disgusted - it makes it sound like we are all infected, that’s it’s a foregone conclusion. Cop on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Absolute f*****g nonsense. How RTE keep coming up with such bad ideas is remarkable. Obviously the presenters are the point of focus to direct most of the annoyance towards.

Just because you plaster a smile on your face, overdo it with laughter at literally any opportunity that may arise to have a BIT OF BANTER with the contestant/participant in the show does not make you charismatic. It makes you fake and insincere and many can spot it a mile off.

To top it all off it would be fine if some of these shows had a point to touch upon. But they don't, and when RTE chucks out a show with a point or an objective to enlighten viewers through "investigative" or "exploratory" pieces, the presenters are so out of their depth and so lacking in preparation they're just passengers on their own shows. Asking inane obvious questions and nodding their heads with searching eyes, which is when you think as a viewer "what the hell are you doing"

People always think I bang on too much about the state of RTE but it's our national broadcaster and just....what the hell. Honestly. You have Love/Hate and you think Finally! they've copped it a bit annnnnd then Ireland's fittest family pops up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

:D:D Quirky leggings brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Name of the show is in poor taste really.

I know it’s a play on words of the original programme, but it’s not as though they couldn’t have come up with an infinite number of alternative programme titles.

As for the programme itself, not my cup of tea anyway, but undoubtedly it’s a popular programme and I can imagine it’ll be a ratings topper, if only to point and laugh at the participants so the audience feels better about themselves.

What was the original programme? I don’t get the reference or the play on words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Bio Mech wrote: »
    You know. Catherin Tomas

I do now because of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Use to think she was good looking but then I came to me senses......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

She'll be too busy filming Can't Covid, Won't Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I too thought this was a joke.

It is like lawyers who work as ambulance chasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm waiting for Claire Byrne's Fairly shıtty - My Coronaed Experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What was the original programme? I don’t get the reference or the play on words.

Operation Transformation - Covid Nation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If I only work myself up enough to give a **** damn about Katherine Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Operation Transformation - Covid Nation

You are covid obese

Advertisement