Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POCO X3 NFC

Options
  • 09-09-2020 10:30am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This new phone from Pocphone looks to be a bargain.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001328159542.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5cbf4c4dNh3X3V

I have a Pocophone F1, which is just coming up to two years old which I'd been thinking of replacing. I had been thinking of holding off for a 5G handset, but the added cost to the handsets was putting me off. That, and the takeup of 5G here isn't great. And my network (gomo) doesn't officially support it!

I've ordered it from Spain to Parcel Motel (went for the 128 GB) version, so hopefully it won't be long before I have it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

yea looks good mark amazon Spain and Germany are offering them on pre-order for 250 with free delivery how much did you pay for yours all in including delivery ?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

bargainboy wrote: »
    yea looks good mark amazon Spain and Germany are offering them on pre-order for 250 with free delivery how much did you pay for yours all in including delivery ?

212, I got a coupon from aliexpress. Shipping from spain to parcel motel. I went for the 128 gb model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

MarkR wrote: »
    212, I got a coupon from aliexpress. Shipping from spain to parcel motel. I went for the 128 gb model.

Have you a link and a coupon link cheers

massy086 wrote: »
    Have you a link and a coupon link cheers

Sorry, it was one of those automatically applied ones, for playing some game on their site. Got 8 euro off or something, which was nice.

This might help you.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xiaomi-poco-x3-64gb-smartphone-ps186-in-euros-fee-free-card-at-amazon-france-3541448

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Bloody heavy beast 215g, price you pay for such a big battery I guess.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

No 5G !!!!!

stanley1 wrote: »
    No 5G !!!!!

That was a thought, but from what I've seen so far, 5g isn't widespread, and when it is available, it's not life changing speed. I'm also currently with gomo, and trying 48. No 5g with either, so thought there was little point in forking out twice as much for 5g.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Embedded selfie cam in the screen = no thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

yes its the global version but make sure it comes from Europe or you pay tax shipping will say line then it will ship from europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Just ordered the Xiamoi P3 from Gearbest should be with me in 7-14 days.
    So pleased thanks so much OP for putting me on to what seems like a fantastic phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just ordered the Xiamoi P3 from Gearbest should be with me in 7-14 days.
    So pleased thanks so much OP for putting me on to what seems like a fantastic phone.

Whats the P3?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the P3?

Typo!!! The Poco X3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

stanley1 wrote: »
    No 5G !!!!!

5G is - ask my bollix for the next 4 years are so. current 4G is more than enough for mobile application in a mobile device world. Edge computing etc will definitely change that. But thats some years of properly. This phone will do anyone that time frame.

If someones buying a phone today purely because it has a 5G chip in it, then they really need to ask themselves - Why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I was looking at this to replace my 2 year old Poco F1. Is it much of an upgrade ? I like the big 6.7 inch screen on this. The wide angle rear camera lense on this would actually help me in my work where I photograph sites. i don't mind the processor being a lesser 732 VS 845 in the F1. I don't think I would ever notice the differance in my usage. It's the big screen and wide angle camera that really interests me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Very positive review of the phone.

i bought the X3 today, I had the F1 for almost 2 years. The screen is a nice upgrade. You can see the difference with the 120hz and its very fluent. The wide angle rear camera is fun but it's only 13mp, it's abit darker then the main 64mp camera. The main camera is excellant I have to say. Front facing camera is great to. The user interface is fine but occasionally stutters. It's a new phone and I am sure they will sort it out. I got the shadow grey model and it's a lovely color I have to say. The battery is great so far, it would have to be at over 5000ma. No issues with slow frame rates in games. Medal of honor runs at maximum graphics setting with no stutter that I can tell. I have only been using the phone a half a day and I have not a lot of bad things to say about it so far. Honestly the Snapdragon 732G is perfectly fine, I know the F1 had a Snapdragon 845 but you would never know the difference in actually usage that the X3 had a lesser processor. I still see the X3 as an upgrade to be honest. Just picking it up and holding it you can tell it's a premium phone. It is also dust and splash resistant... Phone comes with a clear case in the box that fits super tight. So far I would personally recommend it and I am happy to retire my F1 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Thanks for starting this thread. My Moto G7 is nearing end of life so i started a thread looking for an alternative with the Poco X3 NFC being one the recommended phones. The feedback from SS and the above video review seem really positive so i think this is now a front runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

Got one from Amazon, arrived on Saturday via parcel motel. Very impressed so far, €222 all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Got this today from Amazon really like it so far.
    Seriously quick to charge and great battery

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Got this today from Amazon really like it so far.
    Seriously quick to charge and great battery

The turbo charge is brilliant, never charged a phone so fast in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

Were there any issues with buying it off Amazon?
    Am just wary of it being sim free or having issues.
    That said, I am thinking if pulling the trigger on it.
    Might wait for Prime Day on the off chance the price drops a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Lujan wrote: »
    Were there any issues with buying it off Amazon?
    Am just wary of it being sim free or having issues.
    That said, I am thinking if pulling the trigger on it.
    Might wait for Prime Day on the off chance the price drops a bit

I bought from Amazon zero issues, great phone so far

gmisk wrote: »
    I bought from Amazon zero issues, great phone so far

Cool. I think I will pull the trigger on Prime Day.
    Thanks for the update

Think I'm gonna pick this up. What are the chances it'll be on the amazon sales?

budhabob wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna pick this up. What are the chances it'll be on the amazon sales?

Waiting for that myself, but it doesnt look like it is being reduced. Will keep an eye on it though

Post on here if you see it, I'll do likewise

Post on here if you see it, I'll do likewise

Will do

Lujan wrote: »
    Will do

Never saw it go on sale but I pulled the trigger on it today in any case!

• Advertisement

Never saw it go on sale but I pulled the trigger on it today in any case!

Yeah, I was checking. Xaomi ones dropped but not the poco x3.
    Will be ordering it when I get paid next week

Advertisement