Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus Nord

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Anyone get updated status from Amazon yet? Delivery showing arriving Monday but its showing our of stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭td2008

Yeah I saw that out of stock, delivery still showing 8-10th August for me.

Was checking out the Pixel 4a today, probably would prefer the size but other than that the Nord seems to have a better spec. Also it's not out till October and i could do with something sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Kamu

Delivery showing 7th -10th for me too, but not dispatched and no money taken yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

td2008 wrote: »
    Was checking out the Pixel 4a today, probably would prefer the size but other than that the Nord seems to have a better spec. Also it's not out till October and i could do with something sooner.

Exact same thing here, would take size and camera of 4a, but Nord is better in every other way.

My phones keep getting slightly bigger... even though I don't particularly want them to. It's strange they don't seem to make decent upper range/flagship phones that are a little on the smaller side.

EDIT: Amazon delivery also saying 7-10th for me.

Apparently people (reviewers) are having problems with the screen scratching very easily on these. Might want to get screen protectors if you're purchasing one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Apparently people (reviewers) are having problems with the screen scratching very easily on these. Might want to get screen protectors if you're purchasing one.

One Plus normally have screen protectors pre-applied. That's hardly what's scratching?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

The oneplus website is a bit misleading regarding charging cable. Does it come as standard with the phone or do you need to purchase the "All-in" bundle to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

viper123 wrote: »
    The oneplus website is a bit misleading regarding charging cable. Does it come as standard with the phone or do you need to purchase the "All-in" bundle to get one?

Charging cable and wall plug is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

So is there a difference in the one included in the all in package ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

Not looking good on the Amazon pre-orders.

I pre-ordered 22nd July. Haven't received any information from Amazon, order still says expected 7-10th Aug but still hasn't been shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

One month waiting time to order from OnePlus themselves.

I ordered the 256 which is showing as in stock now again on amazon.
    128 is saying August 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

I have this phone a week now and it's been fantastic. For 400e it represents great value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

B Rabbit wrote: »
    I have this phone a week now and it's been fantastic. For 400e it represents great value imo.

What was your previous device?

I ordered the 256 which is showing as in stock now again on amazon.
    128 is saying August 15th.

Has yours dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

flazio wrote: »
    What was your previous device?

Good question,as a fair barometer of ones expectations,if u come from an average phone any one plus is a step up

Kamu wrote: »
    Has yours dispatched?

No :(

No :(

Got the notification that it has dispatched just now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Think I'm going to purchase one today.

Best place to get one? Amazon is delivered 21st August vs possibly 4 weeks on OP site, would it make any sort of difference with warranty etc if I get from Amazon? Will I be losing out on any perks/freebies?

Also, any recommendations on a glass protector? I'll probably just use the clear cover that comes with the phone anyway.

Never used a OP device but this is the first one that really caught my eye so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

Definitely a great phone to buy in this price range.

I was a happy owner of OP3 and Oppo Reno 5 (this one being slightly more expensive) but got a OP Nord there few days ago and for this price it is definitely worth the money.

Shipping was also extremely fast. I went for the priority shipping and it got delivered in just three days having ordered on 16:00 on Monday and got it delivered 16:00 on Thursday. Shipping comes from Szczecin in Poland actually.

Any questions let me know!

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »
    Think I'm going to purchase one today.

Best place to get one? Amazon is delivered 21st August vs possibly 4 weeks on OP site, would it make any sort of difference with warranty etc if I get from Amazon? Will I be losing out on any perks/freebies?

Also, any recommendations on a glass protector? I'll probably just use the clear cover that comes with the phone anyway.

Never used a OP device but this is the first one that really caught my eye so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

Amazon get's even faster if you use DPD Parcelwizzard or Parcelmotel (which still seams to be within 2 days) and than the extra day or two to get it down here.

You won't get the freebies and the added value is that you have amazon to deal with for warranty.

Amazon get's even faster if you use DPD Parcelwizzard or Parcelmotel (which still seams to be within 2 days) and than the extra day or two to get it down here.

You won't get the freebies and the added value is that you have amazon to deal with for warranty.

Thanks for the tip, Yggr!! In stock the 14th and delivered to my parcel motel 15th. I'd get it 16/17th instead of the 21st direct to my address. Happy days will get ordering now so :D there seems to be a couple of 2/3 pack case friendly glass protectors for around the £6 so will grab them too.

Just ordered there: £374 from Amazon if you top up your account with more than £80 for the first time, they apply an extra fiver to use on any purchase happy days. (Blue/8gb/128gb)

Mine arrived today. Deadly phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Arrived today from Amazon. Coming from OnePlus one it's a decent step up. OnePlus switch function is amazing, very easy transition. cant get over how black the black is when looking at videos

Yeah, very happy with it so far. Coming from an s8 it feels like a big step up.
    Trying to get used to using the gestures too instead of the buttons is taking a bit of time 🙂
    downloaded the energy ring app which is a gimmick but looks cool.
    Also didn't realise it came with a cover, had ordered one

Amazon is now offering the 8GB RAM 128GB Onyx Grey version and the 12GB RAM 256GB Blue Marble in stock with a 2 day shipment directly to the Republic (limited stock).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Have a one plus 5, missed out on the deal three had for the 7t, is this worth getting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

can get it for 388 euro on one plus website (student discount) but delivery says before 1st September.

Amazon can have it by the end of the week but comes to 432 euro (388 pound)

Just wondering if anyone ordered free shipping from one plus and how long it took?

• Advertisement

Juxtapose wrote: »
    can get it for 388 euro on one plus website (student discount) but delivery says before 1st September.

Amazon can have it by the end of the week but comes to 432 euro (388 pound)

Just wondering if anyone ordered free shipping from one plus and how long it took?

Thanks for the above. I cancelled my amazon order and ordered with student discount using the misses details on the OP site. Saved about 35 euro.

Ordered yesterday, confirmation saying I'll have it before the 26th. (blue 8 128)

Advertisement