Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Am I just thick or is alexa voice control not working for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Anyone finding that the older version of RTE player (the one that doesn't need mouse toggle) is throwing up an error in recent days

Getting a "Stream not found" message when you try to play something.

Tried clearing the cache and rebooting but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Anybody find a decent version of virgin tv anywhere app for fire stick?

Am I just thick or is alexa voice control not working for me?

Can't get it work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Trevord wrote: »
    Can't get it work either.

Pull the sticker off the microphone, push and hold down mic button while talking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Alexa works for me
    Anyone finding that the older version of RTE player (the one that doesn't need mouse toggle) is throwing up an error in recent days

I've just checked and it works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭batistuta9

That happened me before, clearing data sorted it out

batistuta9 wrote: »
    That happened me before, clearing data sorted it out

Clearing data fixed it alright. Cheers for that!

Any source for the Virgin Media player app. I haven't seen that on Filelinked.

Read elsewhere that it is clunky on the firestick. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Anyone having trouble with livestream on bbc iplayer? Continues to work fine for all content except for live content. Strange.

• Advertisement

johnfás wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with livestream on bbc iplayer? Continues to work fine for all content except for live content. Strange.

Getting the 04002 error? That is a known issue. I couldn't get the firestick version of the BBC Iplayer app to work at all for ages (even for catch up) due to this.

I still have no livestream but catch up works. You could try the standard android Iplayer version, but that will need mouse toggle.

Getting the 04002 error? That is a known issue. I couldn't get the firestick version of the BBC Iplayer app to work at all for ages (even for catch up) due to this.

I still have no livestream but catch up works. You could try the standard android Iplayer version, but that will need mouse toggle.

Yep, that’s the one. Strange as was working fine since I got it start of lockdown. Have mouse toggle so will download android version for livestream. Cheers.

Yep, that’s the one. Strange as was working fine since I got it start of lockdown. Have mouse toggle so will download android version for livestream. Cheers.

johnfás wrote: »

Out of interest is your Iplayer app sideloaded or downloaded direct from the amazon store?

Mine is sideloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What vpns are people using to access iPlayer? I have Nord VPN & IP vanish and neither work

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    What vpns are people using to access iPlayer? I have Nord VPN & IP vanish and neither work

Are you talking about on demand or live or both? What is the error message you are getting?

I find Nord works very well with the Firestick BBC Iplayer apk for on demand. As mentioned in an earlier post, live does not work for me.

Have had occasional issues when using the generic android Iplayer apk. Usually resolved by clearing the cache and restarting the VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Keepsolid VPN. Works flawlessly from day one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

SmartDNSProxy, but as mentioned before it will play one episode, then fail on the second one until you quit out of the app and go back in (or clear the app cache). Works fine on the Android and web versions, I'm not sure what's different about the Firestick app.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Does anyone have my 5 working on the fire stick?

The file linked one doesnt work. When I down load it, it seems to be a touch version and with mouse toggle it still doesnt seem to work.

is there a fire stick version?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Does anyone have my 5 working on the fire stick?

The file linked one doesnt work. When I down load it, it seems to be a touch version and with mouse toggle it still doesnt seem to work.

is there a fire stick version?

There's an official firestick version in amazon appstore and a version in the FireTVSticks[1] filelinked store (see FAQ in first post)

Unfortunately the side-loaded one in FireTVSticks is now closing and asking to update to latest version. I've asked FireTVSticks owner to update the version in her filelinked.

[1] https://tiny.cc/FireTVSticks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ablelocks

joujoujou wrote: »
    Keepsolid VPN. Works flawlessly from day one. :)

i got keepsolid yesterday, but haven't tested it properly yet.

iplayer seems to work fine

popcorntime doesn't (but wasn't expecting it to really)

US netflix - not sure yet.

any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

ablelocks wrote: »
    iplayer seems to work fine

Can I ask, is that the firestick app?

I got mine yesterday and have Surfshark on it. I can run iplayer through Firefox (and on my phone) no probs, but the firestick app keeps giving me errors (02001 which I think is the geolocking detection)

I tried the android app through Tanya but it's out of date so won't run at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone gotten the iPlayer to work with Nord VPN?
    I have the app installed and vpn set to UK but the iPlayer never works, I always get an error with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

joujoujou wrote: »

Thanks for the link, will try that and see how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Can I ask, is that the firestick app?

I got mine yesterday and have Surfshark on it. I can run iplayer through Firefox (and on my phone) no probs, but the firestick app keeps giving me errors (02001 which I think is the geolocking detection)

I tried the android app through Tanya but it's out of date so won't run at all

yep, the firestick (4k) iplayer app.

I think netflix isn't working though - i set server to colorado or somewhere without a heavy load on it, when i go start netflix, i see a lot of blank tiles where movies / programmes should be but clicking on them doesn't launch the title....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The iPlayer app won't work for me but the iPlayer website works perfectly with Firefox. It's not idea but it works.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten the iPlayer to work with Nord VPN?
    I have the app installed and vpn set to UK but the iPlayer never works, I always get an error with it.

Yes the latest version of the firestick app on FILELINKED generally works well with NORD. Watched a lot of the Glastonbury stuff last night without any issues.

What's your issue? Any particular error?

I'd suggest trying different UK servers on NORD.

One thing I do find is that there can be issues if you watch part of a show and then try to "resume" from where you left off next day. If that happens I usually close the app and clear the cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

what movie apps are best

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    what movie apps are best

DM sent

Advertisement