Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st June - Very Windy with Gusts of 90-115km/h in Leinster - Level 1 Elsewhere

• 31-05-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭

http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

Orange warning issued by Met Eireann for Leinster, with yellow alert for rest of the country. Based on the the 5-day wind forecast on ME, it looks like a wind front passing through tomorrow afternoon. Might want to give Bloom in Phoenix Park a miss :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Nothing severe, but 85-100 km/h gusts inland in June will be more notable than in winter months.

nmm_uk1-11-27-0_pvn3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

I have took my plant pots down off the wall, thanks! Is it June or January...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

So whens the peak wind forecast for DUB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The wind has picked up here in the last while.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    The wind has picked up here in the last while.

Where's here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Clondalkin, Dublin. Apologies!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max gust 70km/h here with a current temp of 10.8c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Wind howling outside here beside phoenix park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Lol at the reporter on sky news his umbrella got blown out of his hands and pulled him with it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

A good few trees down around the country - Kildare; Louth; Laois; Galway; Meath and Cork plus over head wires down in Wexford according to AA Roadwatch. I'd imagine other counties similarly affected too.

Scary stuff for a June Bank Holiday :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Sitting in the departures lounge here at Belfast International (heading to Mallorca) and there has been 1 flight cancellation and plenty of delays. My flight isn't until 7:20 but it has already been delayed 20 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Decent squall 30 mins ago and lots of vegetation debris, Dublin 15

In terms of Avation, there has been 3 go-arounds and Dublin and 6 diversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Bsal

There was a gust of 51kts at Dublin airport around 5pm

Looks like wind has died down alot in the last 30mins.
    Storm over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Just home. Garden took a real beating. Cold frame gone most of my young plants destroyed. Trampoline relocated to next . Bloody summer storms do so much damage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

As Bertie Ahern might say, the whole thing was a bit of a (not very) damp squid here on the Southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's a bit late but it's a long time since I saw Eircom crews working on a bank holiday to repair storm damage but that's what I saw on the June bank holiday in Kilsaran, Co. Louth! :eek:

I didn't witness any eircom crews working in Louth during the horrible 2013/14 winter storms even.

Advertisement