Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Snake Moan

• 04-03-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This is quite an odd-one... after hearing some great reviews calling it the best so far of 2007, i looked up the trailer on IMDb. And......

.. it looks fecking brutal!

Not sure it it's meant to be a straight-out drama or a comedy. Pure confusing!

Got favourable reviews from critics but surely the oddest synopsis i've seen for a while. It stars Samuel L Jackson, Christina Ricci and Justin Trousersnake.
    In a small Tennessee town, two unlikely souls are about to be lured together at the sticky crossroads between rage and love. Found lying on the side of the road, beaten and nearly dead, is Rae (Christina Ricci), a 22 year-old who has developed a reputation around town for having an insatiable "itch" for sex. Her rescuer is Lazarus (Samuel L. Jackson), an ex-blues guitarist who has grown used to life's relentless strains of trouble and sorrow.

Desperate for a change himself, Lazarus holds Rae prisoner, and sets out to "cure" her of her wicked ways. But to get to the deep, dark bottom of Rae's mystery, Lazarus will first have to face the demons that reside in both their hearts, especially when Raes one true love Ronnie (Justin Timberlake), a Guardsman who was supposed to be headed for Iraq, comes looking for her.

What the synopsis doesn't mention is that Samuel L Jackson's character chains Christina Ricci's character to his radiator.. with a massive chain.

IMDB Page | Trailer @ Apple.com

So, are you looking forward to it? Would you go see it? Would probably rent it on DVD but that trailer doesn't enstil a huge amount of faith that it could be the best of 2007 so far, but we haven't had a whole lot worth talking about in the first quarter of the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, saw the trailer a while back.
    Will def go see it, not just only for the skimpy clothing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It sounds like an ACDC song...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Did anyone else think that the poster for the film was one of the most provocative they've seen used for a movie, and probably gives the entirely wrong impression of the plot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

biko wrote:
    Yeah, saw the trailer a while back.
    Will def go see it, not just only for the skimpy clothing ;)

Indeed. Odd sort of movie. I think I'd wait for it on DVD myself.

Brewer's last film Hustle and Flow was excellant and I have high hopes for this one. Jackson seems to have a penchant for films with the word snake in the title.

A lot of the American critics don't like it, it's recieveing a lot of mediocre reviews and it appears that it may only recieve a very limited release over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

am i the only one who ennoyed Snakes on.................it was a crap movie, but was very enjoyable!and hilirous at the postive ending,considering 100's of people had just died..........

just movie looks like a proper good movie[not like snakes on.......which was only good entertainment wise] and it looks like a dark comedy sorta........

Advertisement