Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olight i3 AAA flashlight £4.95

• 28-11-2019 12:15am

A repeat(ish) of the previous deal from August. "Free" flashlight but you have to pay shipping.

496357.jpg

New accounts can get the i3E Black (1xAAA)

Existing accounts can get an i3 UV Green (1xAAA)

Note that the green one is a UV flashlight - not something that everybody would have a use for. They can be used for verifying bank notes, looking for pet stains etc.

Offer starts now (28th) and runs til stocks last.

https://www.olightstore.uk/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

I have one of these torches from the August deal, and I can confirm its a cracking but of kit. What makes it good is that it takes a AAA battery unlike a lot of others that take the button batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,392 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You'll get those for a few quid on eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭deckie27

How much is P&P?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kneemos wrote: »
    You'll get those for a few quid on eBay.

Link to same quality item please?
    deckie27 wrote: »
    How much is P&P?

£4.95 (stg)

What's the quality and light output like on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm sure some of you lads' bedrooms will look like a Jackson Pollock when you use the UV light :D

The previous deal thread is here. A few people bought one and most seemed pretty happy with it.

The main thing is that it is one of the smallest 1xAAA flashlights you can get.

attachment.php?attachmentid=496369&stc=1&d=1574933900

Output is 90 lumen which is good for a 1xAAA. There are brighter 1xAAA but none at this size or price. It has a TIR optic rather than a reflector so it has a smooth beam with decent throw.

The UV (ultra-violet) version, it's a better saving but not everyone will have a use for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

Rubish. On Wish app you get same flashlight for free. Just pay shipping 2 euro.

Rubish. On Wish app you get same flashlight for free. Just pay shipping 2 euro.
    I checked and they offered me a choice of one sock, a half-used chapstick or a screen protector for Nokia 3210. "Rubish" indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,811 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

kneemos wrote: »

That's massive compared to the OP. I've one from the last time and it's barely bigger than a door key. The only slight issue I have is that it'll drain the battery even if inserted backwards, so you need to leave it off regardless of how the battery is inserted.

I can recommend this fantastic powerful all-metal little torch with built-in rechargeable battery (micro usb), front led (adjustable throw) and COB strip light on the side. COB strip light very useful for lighting up an area.

less than 4 inches long (I have it measured as 9cm x 2.5 cm at widest point)- very pocket-able. seems very similar (if not the same) to the one posted above by another poster.

great little torch tbh.

only $2.80 delivered - got mine in 2 to 3 weeks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000185514942.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dA7rlfp

H281dbd908e1449cdb685a69227a2a34cu.jpg

Dealz have the little keyring jobs for I presume 1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Olight make quality torches, and you won't get a better little torch for £4.95

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have four of these bought at different times.

They are not the same as cheapo Eurogiant lights - they are tiny, light and give off an amazing beam. You can tell they are proper brand kit.

Dades wrote: »
    I have four of these bought at different times.

They are not the same as cheapo Eurogiant lights - they are tiny, light and give off an amazing beam. You can tell they are proper brand kit.
    Yep, there are cheap torches available year round from Aliexpress and the like. I would have posted them if I thought they were worth posting.

This is a quality little light from a good brand, and the kind of thing that's nice enough to give as a stocking-filler. I believe they ship from NI, with the last deal most people had them in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thank you, Luis Rough Zenith!

I3E is one of the best AAA torches available right now. I compared it to ThruNite T01 with its supposedly 125 Lumen output and I3E was brighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Got this torch last time it was posted. Arrived within a day or two, did ship from the north.
    Great torch and amazed how good the quality is, easily equal of led lenser and maglites.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

I got one from the previous deal, and another two yesterday. Great little flash lights with an unbelievable amount of light and you really wouldn't know they're in your pocket, also have the Astrolux on the right in Teotwaki's picture, another great little flashlight too.

Thanks OP.
    I ordered based on its quality and size compared to wish Tyler products.
    Need something for work, checking fire/smoke dampers, shafts etc but didn’t need anything that’s bulky. This can clip into my site jacket and I won’t even notice its there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

kceire wrote: »
    Thanks OP.
    I ordered based on its quality and size ...... but didn’t need anything that’s bulky. This can clip into my site jacket and I won’t even notice its there.

You got a "massive" torch :D

compared with this fella , I know it's £12 but it's rechargeable by micro usb and outputs 150 lumens.

https://www.olightstore.uk/i1r-2-eos.html :)

compared with this fella , I know it's £12 but it's rechargeable by micro usb and outputs 150 lumens.

I would have opted for that. USB charging would be worth it alone.

Mine arrived today. Brilliant key chain torch. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

I couldn't resist anymore and opened a second account to get the black one. I'm so ashamed.

VanZan wrote: »
    I couldn't resist anymore and opened a second account to get the black one. I'm so ashamed.

I am tempted to do the same for the UV one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

I ordered one of them as I ordered my free uv torch to make delivery really worth it.....will report back

• Advertisement

budhabob wrote: »
    I ordered one of them as I ordered my free uv torch to make delivery really worth it.....will report back

I’m kicking myself I didn’t do the same.

Advertisement