Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

• 18-11-2019 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Found this offer via Alexa on hotukdeals, if you say 'Alexa I want to buy Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Ultra' - Fire Stick 4k comes up as £49.99, and adds to basket at £49.99 and then take to checkout to see the £20 discount applied. Think its only one per customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

meathman0 wrote: »
    Found this offer via Alexa on hotukdeals, if you say 'Alexa I want to buy Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Ultra' - Fire Stick 4k comes up as £49.99, and adds to basket at £49.99 and then take to checkout to see the £20 discount applied. Think its only one per customer.

Also works on echo show 5, you can get it for £49.99.

meathman0 wrote: »

Cannot get it to apply the discount. I'm not ordering through Alexa (as I don't have any compatible devices). Has anyone had any joy?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gojony

$hifty wrote: »
    Cannot get it to apply the discount. I'm not ordering through Alexa (as I don't have any compatible devices). Has anyone had any joy?
    You can download the Amazon Alexa app on your phone and use that to order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

$hifty wrote: »

Just used the iPhone app and worked a treat. Cant deliver to ireland so you need to use PM

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭ThePott

Can someone explain to me what exactly what a Fire Stick does?
    Is there any point in getting one if you have a Smart Tv or a PS4 with apps?
    Is it beneficial if you have a vpn for accessing content only available in other countries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

ThePott wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what exactly what a Fire Stick does?
    Is there any point in getting one if you have a Smart Tv or a PS4 with apps?
    Is it beneficial if you have a vpn for accessing content only available in other countries?

It's basically an Android box that's designed for TVs (so android TV) as opposed to getting one of the crappy Chinese android boxes which usually contain a version of Android designed for phones (touch screens) hence why they all need the control pads to operate them.

They're handy for the likes of IPTV or streaming services such as Netflix and prime video etc, and because it's an Amazon product you can be assured of the build quality and the aftercare that will come with it.

It's also extremely portable, making it easy to take into a different room with you, or over to a pals house (as I did recently during the Katie Taylor fight night) or even with you if you go on holidays as it's a lot easier to slip into the suitcase than the likes of a shield or other android box.

I've said it before on here, it's pretty much the best value android device going.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,813 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Worked perfectly. Alexa confirms the discount on ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Flashdan

I ordered on my Fire Stick basic and checked out on my PC. Discount applied at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

Cheers OP, ordering was a breeze!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just ordered on my phone in the pub and worked perfectly! Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Sure..... you can get then in Argos for €45 full price. If you wait-n-see - it goes as low as €35.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Masala wrote: »
    Sure..... you can get then in Argos for €45 full price. If you wait-n-see - it goes as low as €35.

So your bargain alert is more expensive than the OP? I'll take 2!

Is it possible to access US streaming services through it using your VPN or no?
    Sorry for all the questions

Is it possible to access US streaming services through it using your VPN or no?
    Sorry for all the questions

Which specific service netflix/hulu/disney/apple/hbo/prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭doctorg

is it possible to get the sky q app working on this ?

degsie wrote: »
    Which specific service netflix/hulu/disney/apple/hbo/prime?

US Netflix would be great, Prime or Hulu would be of interest too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Read the thread title, no you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

US Netflix would be great, Prime or Hulu would be of interest too though.

I'm using my Firestick with the VPN unlimited mentioned on another thread. Works for USA Netflix and BBC iPlayer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Donwe need to deliver using parcel motel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

The ones in Argos are the basic ones, not the 4K.

Think the best deals local so far is Currys, and they are €59.99 there for the 4K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Ordered one of these off eBay for €22..Seems to be the US version with free delivery from the UK.
    https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Genuine-Amazon-4K-Ultra-HD-HDR-Fire-TV-Stick-With-Alexa-Voice-Remote-NEW/143445830956?hash=item216609ad2c:g:WkgAAOSwZ4Rb-EDc

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Looks like a hacked account
    Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Ordered one of these off eBay for €22..Seems to be the US version with free delivery from the UK.
    https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Genuine-Amazon-4K-Ultra-HD-HDR-Fire-TV-Stick-With-Alexa-Voice-Remote-NEW/143445830956?hash=item216609ad2c:g:WkgAAOSwZ4Rb-EDc

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Looks like a hacked account

How can you tell that?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Spot on. Just picked it up there

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Warning signs: Not much feedback with no high volume recent feedback for such a volume sale. Check the sold items for the seller.

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Warning signs: Not much feedback with no high volume recent feedback for such a volume sale. Check the sold items for the seller.

It seems to be a fraud listing alright.I just checked the email I received from PayPal and the field under seller is completely blank..
    Went into my eBay and under purchases it says payment pending..
    Reported the listing to eBay.. Waiting for a response from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Alexa on iPhone telling me I can only purchase things associated with the language on my account... wtf? Anyone else have this problem?

Still having trouble after downloading the app. When I try to order, I get the following error message:

“I’m sorry but I can only shop in the primary language associated with your Amazon account. If you’d like to switch languages, go to Settings in the Alexa app, select your device, and then select Language.”

When I open settings, there's no option to select this device (Google pixel 3). There is a 'alexa on this phone' option but no language option within that menu

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Alexa on iPhone telling me I can only purchase things associated with the language on my account... wtf? Anyone else have this problem?

Snap

• Advertisement

BBMcQ wrote: »

Apple do not want you to buy Amazon stuff!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement