Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TFI Leap Card Guide & FAQ (Updated Jan 2020)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭markpb

Victor wrote: »
    In fairness, the ticket machine should have said 'expired', not tagged-on.

If they did that, someone would complain that they were trying to tag on and it didn't work. Or they didn't notice, thought they were tagged on and got fined for not having a valid ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

markpb wrote: »
    If they did that, someone would complain that they were trying to tag on and it didn't work. Or they didn't notice, thought they were tagged on and got fined for not having a valid ticket.
    The ticket machine, not the validator. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

oneilla wrote: »
    Can anyone make sense of my transactions here?

The 01/09/2019 9:14pm deduction  €9.09 - €2.25 should have left me with €6.84.

The 06/09/2019 7:04pm transaction  €3.04 - €2.25 should have left €0.79.

Have I misread something here? :confused:

QeG4KBv.png

I got on to Leap Card through their website and informed them that it appears as though I was overcharged twice. They replied that there were two transactions which weren't added to their servers which is why they are not displayed in the card history.

I'm a bit confused here, it doesn't seem fair that credit can be deducted without the transaction being listed :confused:.

Any advice on what I can do?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Theres nothing you can do. They didn't receive it from whoever you used it with in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

This happens if the transaction data from a bus or other service never got never gets uploaded onto the system

The card has a list of transactions and the backend also and they are reconciled. The card is the definitive record and each tag on/off/update has a unique is number which increases by 1 each time so the system knows there is a gap in the accounting data

Are you claiming you never took the trips charged for ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭markpb

oneilla wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused here, it doesn't seem fair that credit can be deducted without the transaction being listed :confused:.

Any advice on what I can do?

If you're near a Dart or Luas stop, put your card into the ticket machine there and view your trip history. The missing trip might show up there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you're near a Dart or Luas stop, put your card into the ticket machine there and view your trip history. The missing trip might show up there.

Those are transactions from a month ago. If they've used the card, they wouldnt be visible on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hi all,

I've got a TaxSaver Leapcard sent last week. Should it be valid straight away or the start of October? It's the first time I've used one so I'm not sure how it pans out here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

red_bairn wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've got a TaxSaver Leapcard sent last week. Should it be valid straight away or the start of October? It's the first time I've used one so I'm not sure how it pans out here.

It will depend on what date your employer activated the ticket on it from.

Register it online and you will see details of the ticket on the card and when it becomes active.

If it’s not active yet, the purse function will be so you can lodge money to card to cover you until it is active

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

G_R wrote: »
    Register it online and you will see details of the ticket on the card and when it becomes active.

Will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,304 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If you're near an Android phone with an NFC card reader (most phones from the past 2-3 years have this), then load up the Leap app and you can see the transaction history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭Joker2019

Could someone explain to me what is the point on the student Dublin Bus 5 day rambler ticket when the cap on a student Leap card is 20 euro which is 4 euro less expensive than the rambler ticket. Don't any point to this type of ticket at all.

Joker2019 wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me what is the point on the student Dublin Bus 5 day rambler ticket when the cap on a student Leap card is 20 euro which is 4 euro less expensive than the rambler ticket. Don't any point to this type of ticket at all.

If I'm correct, Rambler tickets are effectively X number one-day tickets, not one number X-ay tickets.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Rambler days don't have to be consecutive.

Cap is valid for 7 days, Mo-Su as well, rambler isn't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭Joker2019

devnull wrote: »
    Rambler days don't have to be consecutive.

Cap is valid for 7 days, Mo-Su as well, rambler isn't

Thanks for answering was thinking there must be some advantage to them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I bought the wrong ticket by mistake. Meant to buy a 5 day rambler, but hit 3 day freedom instead. Anything I can do before the morning?

Don't use that Leap Card - is there another one you could use? To get a refund would likely mean sending the Leap Card back to them. Phone / email them - open from 7am. https://about.leapcard.ie/contact

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Don't use that Leap Card - is there another one you could use? To get a refund would likely mean sending the Leap Card back to them. Phone / email them - open from 7am. https://about.leapcard.ie/contact

Don't have another, unfortunately. 33X gets to the stop shortly after 7am, so I dunno if I'd get it sorted on the phone first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭Daith

Hi,

Sorry if answered already.

If I have an annual tax saver bus ticket and transfer to the Luas withing 90 mins (using money on the e-purse), do I get the Leap 90 discount?

As far as I know, it should only be done with corresponding credit transactions. I wouldnt expect it to work going from ticket to credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭Daith

As far as I know, it should only be done with corresponding credit transactions. I wouldnt expect it to work going from ticket to credit.

Thanks, that does make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Anyone have any experience with a top-up not applying?
    I topped up with the app and it came out of my bank account but it looks like my card went faulty and didn't acknowledge the 2nd stage of the top-up where it applies to the actual leap card itself.

My card is no longer working via the app or on a bus/luas terminal so I will need to replace it which I know can be done via the website.
    My problem is the extra top-up that I was in the middle of processing before the card went faulty isn't showing in my balance for the card and I'm not sure who I need to contact to get it applied or refunded to my bank.

Any suggestions from anyone who has had a similar experience?

The-Game wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with a top-up not applying?
    I topped up with the app and it came out of my bank account but it looks like my card went faulty and didn't acknowledge the 2nd stage of the top-up where it applies to the actual leap card itself.

My card is no longer working via the app or on a bus/luas terminal so I will need to replace it which I know can be done via the website.
    My problem is the extra top-up that I was in the middle of processing before the card went faulty isn't showing in my balance for the card and I'm not sure who I need to contact to get it applied or refunded to my bank.

Any suggestions from anyone who has had a similar experience?
    You may get an automatic refund to your account, but talk to Leap Card anyway. https://about.leapcard.ie/card-replacement-refunds

customer.care@leapcard.ie or call 1850 824 824

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SMPM

Do you have to tag off the train before changing over to the Luas ? Or can I just tag off at my final destination ?

For example if I tagged on at Ashtown ( and my final destaintion is St Green) and I switch from the train to the Luas at Broombridge, do I have to tag off at broombridge train st and then tag on again before getting on the Luas to St Green ?

Thanks !

SMPM wrote: »
    Do you have to tag off the train before changing over to the Luas ? Or can I just tag off at my final destination ?

For example if I tagged on at Ashtown ( and my final destaintion is St Green) and I switch from the train to the Luas at Broombridge, do I have to tag off at broombridge train st and then tag on again before getting on the Luas to St Green ?

Thanks !

There is valiator for this on the platform at Broombridge station. Ashtown to Stephens Green needs 4 tagging actions. Otherwise you rick being charged two maximum fares.

There is valiator for this on the platform at Broombridge station. Ashtown to Stephens Green needs 4 tagging actions. Otherwise you rick being charged two maximum fares.

The risk isnt 2 fares, youd be on one of'em without paying. The risk is a fine.

The risk isnt 2 fares, youd be on one of'em without paying. The risk is a fine.
    That as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I couldn't find the answer to this question in the FAQ. What's the best way to change from an adult card to a personalised card while keeping the same card number and details?

I don't think you can, but explain you situation to Leap Card Customer Service an they may be able to sort things for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I don't think you can, but explain you situation to Leap Card Customer Service an they may be able to sort things for you.

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to change from an adult to a personalised card even of the number changes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement