Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus Sign-UPs

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necro registering interest, although won't be for a few weeks yet so if someone has an urge feel free to jump ahead of me in the queue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I already have something in mind. Was thinking about putting something up and then running the reveal after the next WW game ends. I'm modding that so will have time to listen while it's on.

If anyone is super keen to run one before that I can wait though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ectoplasm wrote:
    I already have something in mind. Was thinking about putting something up and then running the reveal after the next WW game ends. I'm modding that so will have time to listen while it's on.

Go ahead Ecto, like I said it'll be at least two weeks before I get a chance to do so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ok, so. I'll post a sign up thread shortly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Current order :

1. Rikand - reveal thread : https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057993901/1
    2. Ectoplasm - entry thread : https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057994092
    3. Necro - provisionally few weeks from now

• Advertisement

• I really like the idea of this one. I'll do one over the next month or so

I really like the idea of this one. I'll do one over the next month or so

You can jump ahead of me PJ and I'll do mine in August at some point if that suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Just to say, I’m not sure if I could ever start one, or even fully contribute, but OMG I love these!!!!!

• Necro wrote: »
    You can jump ahead of me PJ and I'll do mine in August at some point if that suits?

Yeah cool. I'm a tad busy at the moment so won't be next week till I get a thread going.

• Actually I'll wait until Riaknd has finished his so there is only two running concurrently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Lash me down for number 7 for the craic!

Updated Current order so :

1. Rikand - reveal thread : https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057993901/1
    2. Ectoplasm - entry thread : https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057994092
    3. Madison Acidic Beach - on conclusion of Rikand's game
    4. Necro - sometime in August
    7. tusk

Edit: Whoops, forgot PJ's posts there lol

• Rikand, rather than me reinventing the wheel, what's your method for running one of these?

Rikand, rather than me reinventing the wheel, what's your method for running one of these?

I'm not quite sure what you mean lol

I think of categories of songs that I would like to hear from people.
    I let people submit those songs to me
    After the closing date has arrived, I then start listening to those songs and then I start doing the category reveals at times that are convenient
    I then reveal

Theres lots of ways you can score (entirely up to you how you score [ cat fit, what you like, is it something new, does it have a great video, i dunno] whatever fits the score for you)

Theres lots of ways you can reveal - in thread, by audio, by video, by live feed and all of the last 3 with people commenting on thread at the same time.

Have I covered the bases ? Apart from that, just check the sign up threads that myself and Ecto have created :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ok guys after a whiskey or 2 in the pub last night I explained the game to Mr Molly who is SO up for running one of these with me. He loves finding new music so can we have the slot after Necro please? So it'll be me and AnLachaCorca running it. Interested to see how Necro's co-captaining works out.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Ok guys after a whiskey or 2 in the pub last night I explained the game to Mr Molly who is SO up for running one of these with me. He loves finding new music so can we have the slot after Necro please? So it'll be me and AnLachaCorca running it. Interested to see how Necro's co-captaining works out.

I'm trying to figure it out myself :pac:

I'll throw up my sign up list after Ectos reveal is finished anyways in keeping with Rikands advice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Given the lead time in listening to all submissions, i dont see why we cant have multiple games running alongside one another, Molly. If you want to fire ahead, do so. You can then stagger the reveal so it doesnt conflict with anyone elses.

I agree with Baggly - we can run this any way that we want. It's just what worked best on my original forum as peoples category fitting supply dwindled, they needed new music to replenish. But in the early days of Walrus here, I dont see any problem with multiple signups running.

Can even have multiple reveals running if they dont clash on reveal days :)

Oh alright then I'll have my own thread up this eve or tomorrow lol.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure it out myself :pac:

I'll throw up my sign up list after Ectos reveal is finished anyways in keeping with Rikands advice:D

Well we're just thinking of both giving each song a score out of X (x being the number of entries in the game) and then adding the scores together to get an overall placing for each entry. We already have a few categories we'd like to include.

I think if we get a new sign up thread started as soon as the sign ups for the previous one close? It keeps the momentum.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    I think if we get a new sign up thread started as soon as the sign ups for the previous one close? It keeps the momentum.

Yeah good call. I'll jump on then when PJ closes his and you can follow suit?

Yeah, that's the way molly

With duos revealing. Both people listen to the song. Each gives it a mark out of 10 or something and then add the two scores together or average or whatever to decide your placings. Even more fun if each person writes their own review of the song

Molly :: I loved it, 10/10
    Mrmolly :: I hated it. 1/10

Rikand wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the way molly

With duos revealing. Both people listen to the song. Each gives it a mark out of 10 or something and then add the two scores together or average or whatever to decide your placings. Even more fun if each person writes their own review of the song

Molly :: I loved it, 10/10
    Mrmolly :: I hated it. 1/10

Yeah that's exactly what we were thinking. 2 smallish reviews with both scores (so people can see if I liked it more than him or vice versa) and a combined total to come to the final placing.

Walrus Sign-up Table

Name|Signup Thread|Reveal Thread
    Rikand|https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057989193|https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057993901
    Ecto|https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057994092|
    Madison Acidic Beach|https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057999954|
    Necro and Friend||
    Mollyb and AnLachaCorchra||
    Someone||
    Tusk||

Links struck through when they are closed/finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'll take No. 6

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'll take No. 6

Someone already booked it...

I'll show myself out

Necro and Friend are currently deep in planning mode for our Walrus categories.

Should (hopefully) be ready to post sign ups at the next available opportunity (basically, when PJ closes his sign ups or Ecto's reveal finishes, whichever comes first) :D

All this effort with fancy categories. Mine will be very off the top of my head :pac:

• Advertisement

Necro (And Friend's) sign-up thread will be up between now and Monday.

Get ready folks ;)

Advertisement