Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Aravo

Muckit wrote: »
    Fair play. You don't hang around. Stick up a few pics if and when you get a chance.

Pics attached

?user=122297&threads=1&sort=newest

494257.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

What's best way to level/smooth off a rough, stony boreen? Load of 804 leveled off, followed by a few passes of a roller, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭148multi

MfMan wrote: »
    What's best way to level/smooth off a rough, stony boreen? Load of 804 leveled off, followed by a few passes of a roller, yes?

804 leveled with a land leveler is a great job on then roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

148multi wrote: »

Also Give the rough lane a pull of the levellor first before the 804

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Suckler

We put a layer of quarry dust on top and rolled it well. Obviously not as good as concrete but keeping it clean of muck etc. is a lot easier. If you can form falls to one side it helps, rainwater nearly keeps it clean. and it's nice and smooth to travel on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

Cheers all. Saturday job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

MfMan wrote: »

Really depends on how rough and the texture of what's there. If just uncomfortable driving with tractor then 804

If being bounced out of tractor then maybe 2"down.

If there a deep trenches where you have driven then 4" down. If you want ease of walking for the elderly then level up and put crusher gravel and roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Sorry I know this is a little off topic but wonder could some of the genius' here come up with a solution to a problem I have. Have bought a robotic vacuum for the house but inside the back door we have a step up to each area of the house and I'm looking to make a 3 small 6" ramps so the vacuum can move between all rooms in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Could you make up a piece to fill in the depression with some ply that can be removed when every one is home and put in during the day while the vacuum is at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭148multi

Sorry I know this is a little off topic but wonder could some of the genius' here come up with a solution to a problem I have. Have bought a robotic vacuum for the house but inside the back door we have a step up to each area of the house and I'm looking to make a 3 small 6" ramps so the vacuum can move between all rooms in the house.

Can you move the step back to the blue line, raising the floor marked red x, therby eliminating the three steps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Can you move the step back to the blue line, raising the floor marked red x, therby eliminating the three steps.

'tis a very thin blue line.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

2nd robot. 2 zones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I got a zinglint one but couldn't get it to go rightly from room to room. Seemed to get confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Aravo

Have a PTO driven grain roller here, crushed grain is delivered out a side chute. Any ideas on some thing that would deliver from this chute area and move it to a meal bin 4 feet away and 4 feet high. I was thinking along the lines of a small auger. Any ideas welcome. Maybe someone had sorted something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Aravo wrote: »
    Have a PTO driven grain roller here, crushed grain is delivered out a side chute. Any ideas on some thing that would deliver from this chute area and move it to a meal bin 4 feet away and 4 feet high. I was thinking along the lines of a small auger. Any ideas welcome. Maybe someone had sorted something.

Perhaps a secondhand Orby auger from some lad updating his milking parlour?
    The end with the motor on, obviously.
    Could be worth asking a milking machine fitter if he knows of anything, otherwise set up a Done Deal alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Auger would be the cleanest and simplest way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A friend sent me a video of this little machine. Scraper is worked off an electric winch. Cheaper version of a lely scraper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

davidk1394 wrote: »
    A friend sent me a video of this little machine. Scraper is worked off an electric winch. Cheaper version of a lely scraper :P

That is a work of art!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Has anyone fitted or seen the newer 1000 series 6 cylinder perkins engine fitted to a 399 4WD in lieu of the 6354 engine if so were modifications needed to fit front axle , i was told by main dealer that it cannot be done but im sure someone has succeeded ,. thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

After many decades of service one of the crush uprights started rotting at ground level and was pushed outwards by a cow.

To save us the effort of breaking concrete and putting down a new upright we cut the cap off the existing upright and shoved a length of 3 inch box iron down into it with some agricultural persuasion :D Welded it all back together and a lick of paint to leave it looking untouched.

The new box iron section has a 5mm wall so should hopefully be a lifetime job.

• Advertisement

rushvalley wrote: »
    After many decades of service one of the crush uprights started rotting at ground level and was pushed outwards by a cow.

To save us the effort of breaking concrete and putting down a new upright we cut the cap off the existing upright and shoved a length of 3 inch box iron down into it with some agricultural persuasion :D Welded it all back together and a lick of paint to leave it looking untouched.

Is that a Nugent three point linkage side slinger in the background? Is it of any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Done same with mine!, bull backed against it and bent it back, only difference was i could'nt find 3" box anywhere so had to use 3" angle welded together to form a box and then persuaded down into the old box.
    You made a grand tidy job of that.

Odelay wrote: »
    Is that a Nugent three point linkage side slinger in the background? Is it of any use?

Its a fleming but I think there the same thing. Spreads dung as well as any side spreader but only suitable for small amounts unless you like hardship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Whats your plan for that spare duncan cab?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭emaherx

Don't be silly.... It's obviously a Flemming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭emaherx

Jb1989 wrote: »

This is the best thread for lads looking in the background of someones proud accomplishments.

emaherx wrote: »
    Don't be silly.... It's obviously a Flemming :D

I is color blind 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Jb1989

emaherx wrote: »
    This is the best thread for lads looking in the background of someones proud accomplishments.

:)

Jb1989 wrote: »

No its not for sale!! took me long enough to find a good one...
    Going tidying up the tractor on the right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I did similar with a crush here, the uprights were breaking at the ground, uprights were tubing so got an insert but had to drive them into the uprights with the post driver, insert were so tight..... it's some job now

Advertisement