Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tokyotreat

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've been subscribed to this for over a year. It's actually very much worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Sold out

Now i want it even more

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's back for anyone who missed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Thanks just ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Got this, can you cancel straight away once you've made your first order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Eoin3

This is with groupon.co.uk, will deliver to Ireland? Apologies, not familiar with Groupon.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The boxes actually come directly from Japan!

When I went to enter my card details in Groupon it only allowed entry of a postcode for the address. Worried they might assume that the Eircode was a UK postcode.

I see you get a coupon now for the actual company website now though, so I presume I'll be able to enter my proper address there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niamhmo

Did anyone have difficulty inputting their zip code on TokyoTreat? What did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

niamhmo wrote: »
    Did anyone have difficulty inputting their zip code on TokyoTreat? What did you use?

It's whatever Eircode is on your credit card.

• Advertisement

Eoin3 wrote: »
    This is with groupon.co.uk, will deliver to Ireland? Apologies, not familiar with Groupon.
    I am based in Ireland so yup, my order has shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

gmisk wrote: »
    Lots of random asian sweets
    £9.79 - 17 full size items free delivery to Ireland
    Don't forget to cancel
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tokyotreat-premium-box-17-items-including-japanese-snacks-treats-1119-with-code-at-groupon-tokyotreat-3331237

Signed up, but how do I cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

So can you cancel the subscription as soon as you've paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

ThePott wrote: »
    So can you cancel the subscription as soon as you've paid.

Hope so ... I purchased and got confirmation email, but when I go into "Subscriptions" in my Groupon profile, there's nothing there saying I'm subcribed to anything

I think the subscription would be on TokyoTreat's website so be careful in case they've signed you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

ThePott wrote: »
    I think the subscription would be on TokyoTreat's website so be careful in case they've signed you up.

Tried signing into TokyoTreat's using the login details I used for Groupon ... didn't recognise me ... so I just cancelled the whole thing ...

RayCon wrote: »
    Tried signing into TokyoTreat's using the login details I used for Groupon ... didn't recognise me ... so I just cancelled the whole thing ...
    You have to set up a separate account and put in the groupon code on your voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I applied the code

it accepted

entered all my card and address details and ... nothing happens

when I click "SUBSCRIBE NOW" a clock comes up disappears and the page does not progress

have waited

and also tried from scratch a few times

any ideas
    ?

cheers

I applied the code

it accepted
    when I click "SUBSCRIBE NOW" a clock comes up disappears and the page does not progress

any ideas
    ?

cheers

made progress on different browser but now keeps rejecting the zip ( was using my eircode) - any work around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Won't let me go through because my card has insufficient funds despite the order total being €0. Does it still charge?

• Advertisement

Jet Black wrote: »
    Won't let me go through because my card has insufficient funds despite the order total being €0. Does it still charge?
    Think it charged me like €1, but they might've just been verifying the card.

made progress on different browser but now keeps rejecting the zip ( was using my eircode) - any work around ?

Still rejecting zip

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

Per the above the zip is the zip code against your card. So wherever you originally got your Revolut card delivered too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I got mine sorted in the end, but it isn't exactly clear from the instructions what to do tbh.

Anyway, looks like a decent box of sweets for 11€.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Sols12 wrote: »
    Per the above the zip is the zip code against your card. So wherever you originally got your Revolut card delivered too.

I'm using the eircode registered against my card but not working.

I take it your eircode was accepted?

Can't get past the zip code

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

JustLen wrote: »
    I'm using the eircode registered against my card but not working.

I take it your eircode was accepted?

Can't get past the zip code

Yes it worked for me - hmm strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Sols12 wrote: »
    Yes it worked for me - hmm strange one

Each time I try the tokyotreat take a €0.91 cent authorisation payment even tho it's not going on to the next page.

If anyone knows how to get past the zip code please do let me know

JustLen wrote: »
    Each time I try the tokyotreat take a €0.91 cent authorisation payment even tho it's not going on to the next page.

If anyone knows how to get past the zip code please do let me know
    I used eircode and revolut same on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Eventually got it to work though PayPal with a revolut card. My card is registered in Dublin 11 so 11 in the zip box worked. They did try and charge a full month even though I had the code from Groupon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Anyone know when you can cancel the sub? I'm afraid it'll cancel my actual (one and only) order if i do it too soon.

About the zip code - I worked my way through credit and debit cards until it accepted one, in case that helps anyone

Great deal, thanks OP

Advertisement