Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Ended up paying 16.80 with the tax added on? Was there a way to avoid it? Not that I mind paying the extra 2.80.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FluffPiece

I saw that Scott, but if you pay with Paypal it's cheaper. $15 with Paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

scottigael wrote:
    Ended up paying 16.80 with the tax added on? Was there a way to avoid it? Not that I mind paying the extra 2.80.

You might have used card !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

What uses apart for getting restricted content is there for the vpn ? Would be interested to know...I am able to use this for some catch up anyways.

sdanseo wrote: »
    Bought, downloaded the Windows app as mentioned above, all golden. Got 3 minutes into an iPlayer episode and now seemingly no server will connect. Anyone having similar issues before I do a paypal chargeback?

Try clearing browser cache or use a different browser to test.

• Advertisement

What uses apart for getting restricted content is there for the vpn ? Would be interested to know...I am able to use this for some catch up anyways.

Some people use it to avoid location tracking by search engines, facebook etc but I myself was on the lookout for a cheap one to get around geolock restrictions such as iplayer and down the line maybe netflix etc.

I had access to iplayer via other means but it's worth it to access a better quality source from bbc site itself.

Other's use it for torrenting purposes, to restrict available info to their own ISP's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭torrevieja

i have Nord vpn 3 year contract left two years left,

is this worth getting just to have if i use it when nord vpn is finished ?

torrevieja wrote: »

That's up to you to decide. It's less than €14 if you pay with Paypal and it's a lifetime sub. Could be worse ways to spend €14. I haven't used it long enough to say it doesn't have issues, but someone else may have advice for you to make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

You might have used card !

Yeah I used my revolut had no idea using PayPal avoids tax lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

"Redeem" page link on Vpn site not working for me - anyone else?

Edit: you enter tbr code via the "My Account" page
    , not the "Redeem" page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

No. A 'Lifetime' offer usually only means 3 - 5 years, so you may only end up getting one year of use out of it. Also, NordVPN would be in a completely different class than this.

If just buying to get Netflix and BBC iPlayer, then you may as well wait as there may be different offers in 2 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

This runs automatically on new firestick which is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Suckit wrote: »
    No. A 'Lifetime' offer usually only means 3 - 5 years, so you may only end up getting one year of use out of it. Also, NordVPN would be in a completely different class than this.

If just buying to get Netflix and BBC iPlayer, then you may as well wait as there may be different offers in 2 years time.

Suckit surely a Lifetime Means life or a 100 years ?

Suckit surely a Lifetime Means life or a 100 years ?

No, unfortunately that's not what lifetime means in these instances. It is the lifetime of the software. They could kill it and bring out a new version in 3-5 years, or many other things could happen. Or they could rebrand as VPN Unlimited (subsidiary company) and that would also kill any lifetime licence. But the deal is still a good deal if you don't have a vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭davo2001

Honestly, how do people trust VPNs? Sure, if you don't mind some random person / company literally being able to access all your data then fine.

VPN in this sense is just a glorified proxy. The VPN provider can see all your traffic, and do with it what they want - including logging.

Anyone with half a bit of common sense wouldn't use it, but sure if it enables you to watch what you want on the iPlayer.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

davo2001 wrote: »
    Honestly, how do people trust VPNs? Sure, if you don't mind some random person / company literally being able to access all your data then fine.

VPN in this sense is just a glorified proxy. The VPN provider can see all your traffic, and do with it what they want - including logging.

Anyone with half a bit of common sense wouldn't use it, but sure if it enables you to watch what you want on the iPlayer.......
    The only thing they log from me is what I watch on firestick..... Which is a very strange but boring mix. I do concur that I wouldn't be sending all my regular traffic through one.

davo2001 wrote: »

Oh no, they'll log me watching MOTD tonight, what ever shall I do...

I won't logging in to check my bank details via a VPN.

FluffPiece wrote: »
    Oh no, they'll log me watching MOTD tonight, what ever shall I do...

I won't logging in to check my bank details via a VPN.
    It's not your bank details they are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭ThePott

How reliable is this for getting onto Netflixes or other streaming services through a laptop?

Suckit wrote: »
    It's not your bank details they are after.

I understand your point, merely saying I'll basically be using it for accessing the likes of the iplayer and then disconnecting when done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Got it working in the end. Seems OK for iPlayer so far. Lagged out once or twice but nothing that made it unusable.
    Will try out US Netflix tomorrow.

Bargain if it stays stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

dingding wrote: »
    Any idea which server for channel 4, or is that possible.

Channel 4 is not geo locked for people in Ireland. You just have to sign up using fb or your email to get access

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Can anyone confirm please if this works fine for Netflix, thats primarily what I'd be getting it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Sparko

Kolido wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm please if this works fine for Netflix, thats primarily what I'd be getting it for.

Worked for me - Netflix US on a Nvidia Shield box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

which version do you download for firestick also i have a chromebook which one do i download for that cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

The public page is somewhat sparsely populated with technical info. Is there an OpenVPN endpoint support?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Not sure it answers your question but there's a good bit about OpenVPN in this review

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Sparko wrote: »
    Worked for me - Netflix US on a Nvidia Shield box.

How do you access the US Netflix.
    I bought this offer of the VPN last night and tried logging into my Netflix account and it just seems the same as before. Do I need to download a different Netflix app or something?
    I'm using an Android TV box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

FluffPiece wrote: »
    I understand your point, merely saying I'll basically be using it for accessing the likes of the iplayer and then disconnecting when done.

Good idea!
    The Privacy Policy gives a general description of personal data which might be collected when you visit the website or use KeepSolid's apps. These include IP addresses; device name, code, manufacturer and language; time zone, connection time and wifi network name; and the total amount of traffic for each session, along with session dates.

A quick check of our VPN Unlimited web console revealed a little more identifying information. A Devices console didn't just record that we had connected from a Windows 10 system, for instance. It also stored both the computer name and even the name of our Windows user account. If there's no logging of activity, that can't help anyone connect an internet action to your account, but we're still a little uncomfortable about a third party holding that level of information about our devices

3fvevq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Whats the ios app called?

Advertisement