Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I usually find musicals difficult to understand. Even films like A Knights Tale threw me a bit by including numbers.

I find this trailer very very difficult to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

It's got that wanker, James Cordon, in it. Tells you everything you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jennifer Hudson's voice is powerful

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

CastorTroy wrote: »

As someone who has never seen the musical this looks very wrong.

As someone who has seen the musical it looks very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

That will haunt my dreams tonight !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Well, I'm highly disturbed after watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cats....is a bad musical imo...one good song.
    This looks like a total disaster to me.

Plus James Corden....vomit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

This is what happens when you don't neuter your pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Looks like some weird fetish fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

this lot will love it :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I saw the musical a few years ago and came away a bit confused/disappointed. It has one very good song and some other decent songs. There is little/no storyline though. It's literally just... cats! Their personalities and nightly antics. The only vague storyline they had, left me very confused at the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watching that definitely left me with some ... confusing thoughts, I'll be honest. Taylor Swift as a cat you say... uh... :D

Not sure who this is for, I always got the impression Cats was a Broadway oddity, not quite mainstream enough to be the universal hit ala Phantom or Wicked!.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I feel I must apologise for exposing you to this trailer. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ah, Tom Hooper...should have guessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well..... Good luck sleeping tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭conorhal

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jennifer Hudson's voice is powerful

Yeah, but she's entirely the wrong voice for the song, kind of like casting a Tenor to sing an Alto's part.
    I guess this is what happens when you're torn between casting a name with audience recognition vs. casting a voice. It's the same problem the director butted up against when casting Jackman in Les Miserables. He has a good voice, but he's no Colm Wilkinson by a very long shot.

As for the rest, this looks like 'Snapchat Filter: The Movie' 'effin horrifying!

Cats itself is a wierd choice to adapt, it's a series of TS Elliot poems put to music with no real plot to speak of (or speaking parts al all for that matter).
    I can see this movie loosing a massive amount of money for the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

conorhal wrote: »

As for the rest, this looks like 'Snapchat Filter: The Movie' 'effin horrifying!

Furries: The Musical

• Registered Users Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If anyone has a fetish for Cats and enjoys Taylor Swift this will suit them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd rather see the Summer Heights High version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Ooo - as someone who used get freebies for the West End musicals and has seen Cats at least 3 times and has NO IDEA what the plot was I am not looking forward to thus - might clarify a few mysteries and explain what I missed . Plus it will up the game for this years adults Halloween Costumes and put a few on diets - win win! Kitcat anyone?

Effects wrote: »
    I'd rather see the Summer Heights High version.

Its no Tsunamarama...the musical about the 2004 asian tsunami set to the songs of bananarama

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I'm just gonna admit it, furrie Francesca Hayward & taylor swift in the trailer has made me aware of a fetish I didnt know i had.

That said rebel wilson as a comic relief character and James Cordon plain and simply ruin the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Max Clifford......"maybe he just has an obsession with p#ssys"......that hasnt aged well....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

CastorTroy wrote: »

As someone who has never seen the musical this looks very wrong.

It's all a bit Doctor Moreau, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

Why the CGI ears and face? Why not just make up and prosthetics? Maybe we'll get a Sonic the Hedgehog type do over

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭El Duda

Snapchat Filter: The Movie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

p to the e wrote: »
    Why not just make up and prosthetics?

The devil works in cruel and mysterious ways, such as unleashing these mutated hell-beings on an unsuspecting public.

Advertisement