Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

• 01-01-2018 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Nice story development given Vega screwed him previously against Almas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just a review of the year this week.
    They showed some of the Cole/Mcintyre fight from before WarGames this week.

I was thinking that Ciampa may cost Gargano the title match at Takeover. Think he should be due back about now

Just got it finished and great feature on Ember Moon to end the show

Still need to watch the main event, but Nikki Cross is great, in case you doubted it. :)

Seems they're pushing the Horsewomen thing with Shayna anyway going by her entrance music. Only realized now that she makes a spade with her hands.
    The arm bit looked good/bad in real time but the replay made it too obvious what happened

Was sure Lio Rush would've been on a break for a while at least after his comments on Emma's release.

That venue is not set up well for run ins

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have decided to watch NXT on a regular basis from now on :) . Watched last nights episode and really enjoyed the simplicity of the show. Used to watch it all the time when it was on sky sports but after it moved the Network id only watch it every so often but not anymore ha.

The fact you have just 1 authority figure in Regal is great , even though he popped up about 3 or 4 times in the episode it didnt feel like he over did it since it was usually quick and he was gone without taking over the show .

Aleister Black has a very Undertaker vibe off him imo especially when he came out at with Strong last night his presence was great even when he was just staring at the Undisputed Era you could feel the his presence.

Agreed the venue was crap for run ins the way its set up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really like bio videos that they have been doing lately on NXT with TM-61 this week.

They add more to the show rather than just random exhibition matches and short backstage segments each week.

I don't think it happened this week, but I'm always curious who all the reporters are supposed to be when someone is being interviewed or making a statement. Think last week it looked like the one person holding a mic in one hand and phone in the other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

DM_7 wrote: »

This has been irritating me for months! Why are you sharing a car if you're both loaded ffs?!

To quote Bill Gates
    "I didn't get rich by writing a lot of cheques"

Maybe they're of the same mindset

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

two minutes in to this weeks NXT and I'm loving it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Ambience. Atmosphere. Illumination."

Velveteen Dream is the just the right amount of cheese.

Can never see it working on the main roster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »

It would die a death of a thousand crickets chirping on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »

Hes a star , his feud with Black solidified that for me. Hes so young too, but he can work, hes driven and hes improved so much in such a short period.

I think he can be success on the main roster if allowed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Velveteen is an immensely talented young guy but there's no way that gimmick works with today's Raw/Smackdown crowds. Johnny Wrestling on the other hand could be the new Daniel Bryan type underdog hero if they allow him to be. I expect him to be screwed out of the win on Saturday, possibly by a returning Ciampa, but he's a big star in waiting if used correctly in my view.

Holding his own against Black and Gargano in pretty long matches. I'll admit I wasn't pushed on him before, but I was among those won over by his match against Black. I did notice he was unsteady on the ropes.

So card for Takeover:
    Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Johnny Gargano Singles match for the NXT Championship
    Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole Extreme Rules match
    Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship
    The Undisputed Era vs. The Authors of Pain for the NXT Tag Team Championship
    Kassius Ohno vs. Velveteen Dream

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Holding his own against Black and Gargano in pretty long matches. I'll admit I wasn't pushed on him before, but I was among those won over by his match against Black. I did notice he was unsteady on the ropes.

So card for Takeover:
    Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Johnny Gargano Singles match for the NXT Championship
    Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole Extreme Rules match
    Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship
    The Undisputed Era vs. The Authors of Pain for the NXT Tag Team Championship
    Kassius Ohno vs. Velveteen Dream

bit of a meh card for takeover but some crackers in there too. prob stay up and watch it sat

I've thought that about multiple cards in the past and there were at least a couple good matches worth watching for. Like i said, Dream was someone i had no interest in until WarGames. And same for Almas. Want interested until probably he fought Gargano at Takeover. Not just because of Thea.

I do find it interesting they now have AoP talking more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That is a really good card in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    bit of a meh card for takeover but some crackers in there too. prob stay up and watch it sat

Thats a fantastic card. All matches have teh potential to steal the show. Its stacked.

The womend match could go either way..... depending on how they book it....Bazler is an unknown quantity as a wrestler

NXT to steal the show from the main roster again looking at that card for TakeOver.

Then again putting the main roster shame isn't really a tough job :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see its Strong vs Bate next week for the number 1 contender against Pete Dunne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I see its Strong vs Bate next week for the number 1 contender against Pete Dunne

UK veteran Roderick Strong getting his chance. That belt didn't last long.

So Candice be at ringside for Gargano's match or shown in the crowd?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Candice be at ringside for Gargano's match or shown in the crowd?

I'd hazard a guess it'll be the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Candice jumps the rails takes out zelina johnny is about to win but ciampa shows up and costs him is my guess for what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is it to early for Ciampa to return with Mrs Wrestling in hand to screw over Johnny?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    bit of a meh card for takeover

Note to self, don't listen to this guy again. What a show!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    Note to self, don't listen to this guy again. What a show!

The takeovers always deliver in quality. I love their tag team matches. The psychology in explaining how the smaller team were able to chop down the AOP was great. Every move served a purpose.

And the main event. Wow. Amazing. Totally sucks you in and makes you believe in wrestling like being a kid again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gargano and Almas got 5 stars from Dave Meltzer.

First 5 star match in WWE since Punk/Cena in 2011 apparently.

• Advertisement

NXT TAPING SPOILERS INCOMING.
    Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) over Fabian Aichner & Raul Mendoza.

SAniTy vs. Undisputed ERA (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) (c) (NXT Tag Team Championship) never gets underway because they won’t stop brawling. William Regal comes out, none too pleased, and makes a tornado tag team match between all of both teams in the main event.
    Heavy Machinery over Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli.

After the match, Riddick refuses to help Tino up and heads to the back alone.

Johnny Gargano comes down for a promo and calls out Tommaso Ciampa, but Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega come out instead. Almas holds the title up in Johnny’s face but Candice LeRae comes out to back him up, and we end up with a match made— Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade Almas one more time with the NXT Championship on the line, but if Johnny loses, he’s gone from NXT.

Bianca BelAir over enhancement talent.

SAniTy over Undisputed ERA (Six-Man Tornado Tag Team Match)

TM-61 over John Skyler & ???.

Pete Dunne (c) over Roderick Strong to retain the WWE United Kingdom Championship.

Aleister Black cuts a promo saying that the devil that drives him is the NXT Championship, but Killian Dain comes out to interrupt. Aleister tells him he’ll fade to black.

Shayna Baszler over Ember Moon (c) by disqualification when, while Shayna is about to break Ember’s arm in the barricade, Kairi Sane makes the save. (NXT Women’s Championship)

Velveteen Dream over No Way Jose. Dream gets some promo time after the match.
    Nikki Cross over Vanessa Borne.

Forgotten Sons (Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake) over Elijah Evans IV & ???.

After the match, Forgotten Sons declare for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, so that’s back.

Andrade “Cien” Almas (c) over Johnny Gargano to retain the NXT Championship (Title vs. NXT Career Match). After a ref bump, Tommaso Ciampa came out and attacked Johnny with his crutch again, leading to Almas picking up the win with his hammerlock DDT.

After the match, Candice and Johnny have a moment together in the ring.

Johnny gets a standing ovation and William Regal comes out and hugs him on the stage. This whole time Ciampa is waving goodbye and smiling from the crowd.

Johnny hangs out with the crowd for a bit to say goodbye, taking pictures and signing autographs.

Advertisement