Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaymers?

• 03-10-2017 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

I remember a while ago someone was asking on the forum if anyone played video games/interested in them at the very least for a group to setup.

Anywho, wondering would their be an interest in a gaymer community and/or group ála what London Gaymers have going (regular enough meetups, games nights, Discord server, PS4/XboX/PC online play etc.)

I myself play a good bit of Overwatch on PS4, League of Legends, Hearthstone. Open to trying new things or at least get the ball rolling on something. Or at least make some new friends (I'm tired of losing on my own)

I tried search, but frankly I think Page 1 of the forum could do with eh...slightly less drama-filled threads pacman.gif light-hearted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd be up for it, even if it's just the occasional online game- I don't really game online but I'd like to. Maybe we could share gamertag on thread?

I'm DapperZo on Xbox Live.

I play mostly Madden, some shooters and random other stuff when they mood takes. Currently working through the original Mass Effect trilogy- couldn't get into Andromeda when it came out, must give it another go though...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dickiepower

I like the sounds of that. Big into the Assassin's creed multiplayer and a bit of Destiny and Minecraft from time to time. 
    For those on XBox could setup a boards LGBT club there and those that wanted to could join?
    Not sure if the PS4 has something similar?

I'd be up for a club on Xbox. Can't seem to do it away from my console though, but I'll be back at it at the weekend.

Cool, Clubs are under the community tab of XBox home. I've gone ahead and created a private Boards LGBT (can change it later I hope) club. Search and request add if desired. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dublin Gay Geeks who Game is on meetup
    http://meetu.ps/c/2HXQn/1QBdh/d

Not sure if it just for gay men though

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

This was the thread I was thinking of, it's depressing to think that it's 2 years old!

I'm a PC gamer, no consoles for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

This was the thread I was thinking of, it's depressing to think that it's 2 years old!

I'm a PC gamer, no consoles for me :(

Ah, that's the one! When I tried searching a lot of threads with 'gaymers' came up from other forums.

Console gaming can be very expensive and time consuming. Not that PC isn't when I think about it; saving for a desktop to do the high end gaming.

I'm PC at times too on the laptop, mainly League and Hearthstone though. And stream a little bit on Twitch.

I'm quite happy with my setup tbh- got a 2nd hand xbox one for 150 and I have a sub to EA Access and Gold- free games to play with both for less than 100 per year. Good games too, especially in EA; Madden, the ME trilogy, Dragon Age, Titanfall...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Ooooooh, I love Dragon Age 2 (even if BioWare has really dropped the ball on games lately). I have an EA Origin account but I use it so rarely because their titles aren't very good for their price tag, but EA do have several exclusive titles.

I haven't played that in ages actually, must fire it up again :)

Honorable mention for Syndicate (2012) - another Origin title. Damn I love that game, one of my favorite FPS games but it's short. EA considered it a commercial failure :(

Ooooooh, I love Dragon Age 2 (even if BioWare has really dropped the ball on games lately).

All I want is to be able to play Star Wars KOTOR on my Xbox One. Honestly the best game I've ever played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Anyone got a WiiU or Switch? Would love some people to play online against in Mario Kart 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smiler1955

World Of Tanks...Boo-Ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I'd be into something like this. I'm on PS4. Big into horror games, Silent Hill on the PS1 is what got me hooked. Unfortunately there hasn't been a decent horror game in years. I downloaded Amnesia a few weeks ago and played a small bit. I prefer 3rd person view and amnesia is 1st so that's why I haven't gone back. I'm also a fan of the Batman Arkham games. Bloodborne is probably my favourite current generation game.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anything materialises. I'm also going to check out the meet up link Joey posted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 OhChicken

I'd love to be part of an Irish gaymers community. Xbox boy here. Assassin's Creed fan and a bit of old Just Dance too when the mood gets me.
    Great idea. Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Just a bit of friendly advice.

You may want to pick another name for your group.
    Gaymers is a UK cider company owned by the C&C Group.
    http://www.gaymers.co.uk/age

All the best with your project.

elperello wrote: »
    Just a bit of friendly advice.

You may want to pick another name for your group.
    Gaymers is a UK cider company owned by the C&C Group.
    http://www.gaymers.co.uk/age

All the best with your project.

Oh I remember googling that years ago (and being even more curious what a gaymer was :pac:)

Well I might look into setting up some sort of a server for either voice chat, FB group or something of that kind. Might be nice to make it into a social event a lá the event posted below.

Putting the +5 Intellect thinking cap on for this one!

No love for Steam so :*(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nbsr

That sounds great!:) I play overwatch on ps4 and big fan of the uncharted series and animal crossing, tho my computer is quite bad and near its death nd im not able too play as many computer games as used too few months ago (tho still then it would crash alot) i used too be able play tf2 and i also played ( a very lil) league+hots and im a new too wow.

Ive been apart and help ran some lgbt gameing discord servers before but i think and irish one wud be great! :D

Apologies for this - died as quick as I thought of the idea hah

Well in the new year I should have a lot of time to spruce something up á la London Gaymers. Everytime I see their twitter feed, bowling, drinks, board game nights etc. I'm envious ^^' Could be a laugh to organise people not necessarily into hardcore gaming but something other than Wet & Wild, outdoorsy groups. Trips to Token Arcade, conventions as a group maybe.

Only thing is I'm East coast so if it's headed that way locations are varied. Other than that I'll get to seeing this get a bit more bones on.

PS I pm'd you nbsr my PS4 addie. Let's play (I warn you...I main Widowmaker...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I mainly play DOTA 2, and retro games! Favourite retro game is Super Metroid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Limerick96

Anyone still interested in this or just playing? Mostly play call of duty ww2 on Xbox one if anyone wants a game. I’m from Limerick City

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Limerick96 wrote: »
    Anyone still interested in this or just playing? Mostly play call of duty ww2 on Xbox one if anyone wants a game. I’m from Limerick City

Limerick too though more PC gamer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Limerick96

Lmklad wrote: »

What kind of stuff do you play? ☺️

Limerick96 wrote: »
    Lmklad wrote: »

What kind of stuff do you play? ☺️

Mainly strategic or resource management. Only FPS I have is BF1. What about you?

Xbox one player here too but not played COD WW2, been trying to finish Dead rising 3 lately. Almost there. Also been dipping in and out of fortnite the odd time.
    Got a boards lgbt club setup. Feel free to send a request.

Xbox one player here too but not played COD WW2, been trying to finish Dead rising 3 lately. Almost there. Also been dipping in and out of fortnite the odd time.
    Got a boards lgbt club setup. Feel free to send a request.

How do I request? Also big into board gaming.

If you're on PC you'll need the XBox app and look for clubs in sidenav and search for it from there using the search. Just need to search for Boards LGBT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

If you're into board games, I saw on Facebook that Dublin Gaymers are hosting a games night in Token: event info.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

PC gamer, League of Legends, B1 mainly, tag is Chorcai

• Advertisement

League. Flame on! Will add next time I'm on!

Advertisement