Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does seance have a role in Paganism?Experience outlined below.Have you ever had one?

• 28-10-2014 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi folks. Sorry if this is the wrong section (if it is can a mod please move or delete) And apologies to any of you who stumbled onto a now deleted thread which was supposed to be about Samhain but descended into a verbal battle over Irish Water. I know, I know....how?! Anyway, have any of you ever had things happen, experiences, when doing seance, ouija etc? Care to share if you did? Is that a resounding "no", I hear? : ) Now I wouldn't ask for experiences others may have had without being willing to put forward what I've experienced, so here goes (I'll make it as brief as possible)

Many, many years ago I went to a Catholic (of course) boarding school. During my second last year there I became interested in different stuff. Astral projection, seance, ouija, hypnosis. I did hypnotise a couple of people - didn't go mad or anything, just asked them to do basic simple tasks, like spin around or put something on their head or pick up a spoon and carry it in circles etc etc. They'd no recollection of it afterwards. But I digress.

Around the same time as I was interested in hypnosis I also became interested in seance and ouija. Now peoples take on both may well be mixed but nonetheless - suspend your cynicism for a moment. I gathered together a small group of students who were slightly interested, or curious if nothing else. We set up in a darkened room. Lit at least one candle in the centre of a table, held hands and concentrated......we asked for a, b and c to turn up (well, we were kids) Nothing seemed to be happening when suddenly I - and here is where it gets em, unreal, freaky or whatever term you want to use - was above the table looking down, could see us there, the candle, and lights all around the table, like little candlelights (but they weren't candles around the table) I the started "floating" away, hold the laughter and bear with me!, next of all I was in the room next door - an audatorium.

The audatorium was empty. I was high up "floating", couldn't see my body but "I" was there. I recall this feeling of immense calm, peace, no worries, happiness perhaps. There was something ahead, nothing visible just a sense, a feeling and I was slowly drifting towards it. I am unsure if there was a very bright, white light or whether that is something I only imagined but I drifted closer and closer. Then I started to realise, hey, what the hell is going on. I started to realise that this wasn't possible. And at that moment I started drifting away from that feeling, that light. As I said, I don't know if I actually "saw" a light or sensed a "light" if that makes any sense whatsoever!

I remember saying no, I wanted to go forward. And I was very, very sad to be drifting away from it but couldn't stop it. Very sad. Like a great loss. And suddenly, back at the table. I was startled, looked around, asked what happened, the answer was nothing. I left, and as I was walking up the corridor was approached by a student I knew. He wasn't involved in the seance nor did he know about it. He asked me what happened, I didn't understand what he meant but he told me I was white as a ghost.

Now can someone throw any light on what I experienced please? I have some ideas of my own: astral projection perhaps, OBE (out of body experience) perhaps. But I am unsure. And yes, of course it could have been all in my head - but I don''t think so. Nor does that explain why I was so very pale.

Later that night, the seance had taken place in the early evening, I was feeling very giddy is the word I'd use to describe it. Walking around laughing - yes, very odd I know. There were glass cabinets in one hallway and I remember walking up to them and seeing my reflection and looking at it very closely and laughing. Weird. Yes. Unsettling, in hindsight, yes. I went back to the sleeping area and there were some guys there, other students who I didn't like, I viewed them as bullies, they viewed me as a wimp (and in those days I probably was, lol) Anyway, I walked up to them which I would have never done previously and started laughing, and before I knew it I had my hand pointed at them making a symbol, which I've since discovered is called the sign of the horns. Instead of getting a kick, they backed away and told me to f off. And off I went, laughing. Now I have to add I did not know what this sign was at the time.

Slept like a baby that night I guess, have no recollection of anything untoward. But things were different in another part of the school. There were two dorms, senior and junior. I was senior. In the junior dorms, students unconnected (senior and junior didn't really mix) to the seance were to put it mildly, freaking out. Not just one, several. Jumping on their beds, crying, screaming. Seems they were all having nightmares at the same time that something was in the dorm trying to get them. This I discovered the following day when I was dragged before the headmaster, a Catholic priest. I was threatened with expulsion and was made to go through the rolls of every student in the school and to list everyone and anyone who had anything to do with the seance. I was asked why was I summoning something which didn't exist? After that nothing happened.

What do you make of this? What happened? I assure you everything I have said is true and did happen. No lies or embellishments. Still I know many/some will not believe me. There have been several other occurrences since and before the seance, have happened since I was a child, but I'll leave it at that for now. If folks would like to reply please do, your input would be welcome. If it's, "lol" or "see a shrink" stuff, that isn't appreciated or welcome. And if folks don't want to reply, that's ok too. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sonya7

Jeses, don't everyone rush to reply at once : )) This is the Paganism forum right? Not the Silent Movies one? Maybe I should not have posted what I did (of course it leaves me open to be to considered a total nutjob and to ridicule, however I'm not exactly the type of person who cares what others think) I am quite open about experiences I have had, always have been - why are others so closed?

If you do, or have done, seance or ouija, or anything else, it's quite likely that at one time or another you have had experiences of one sort or another? Why so hesitant to post? Is it the potential for ridicule or something else? I know how my story sounds, part of it, if not all of it, sounds like fiction, this I know but it is not, this I can assure you. I wouldn't waste my time posting rubbish. Nor am I mentally unbalanced I should add. This happened a long time ago, 25 years ago (early 40's now - but I don't really look it or act it, lol)

Are Pagans in general very private about their experiences? If so, why? I am not Pagan - not yet anyway but I am searching for something, a path, a tradition (maybe I will find it, maybe not)

Some more info I'd like to share: I did recount the school experience to someone I met before, we met by complete accident a decade ago. A few days later I went to her home. She did, from what I could understand, witchcraft, spells, potions, readings and workshops or something but she said she wasn't Wiccan (no offence to any Wiccans she called them, fluffy bunnies) She spoke of spiritual or magical warfare, warlocks, summoning dragons or something, something called Islamic magic - no she wasn't Muslim, and lots of other stuff.

I found it all very interesting but it all seems very hazy. She told me several things and once told me that Wiccans wouldn't like me and would try to avoid me (I swear I am not making this stuff up) but wouldn't tell me why. But I am unsure if she was serious or not? I like Wicca and Wiccans, have nothing against them whatsoever. Now this will sound weird but she said when she concentrated and looked at me directly in the eyes, she literally went blind and couldn't see for a few minutes, that her eyes, to use her word, "burned". Part of me thinks she was making it up as she went along? I just really don't know.

She had a friend who I met, who looked at me once and then subsequently avoided eye contact (the other woman later claimed her friend said she wouldn't look at me in the eye because she was afraid to) The only thing visible in my eyes is heterochromia (two colours in one eye) It's hereditary, my granny had it too. This friend of hers did sex magic or something, but she was going way over the top with this and had to be warned by her to stop or something but she wouldn't listen to her so she was going to put a spell on her to punish her or something. It seems she was her superior or whatever you want to call it. She was training this other person.

This friend of hers would meet total strangers bring them back to her place and well, you know what, and would draw energy from them or whatever happens with sex magic? She was also casting spells on them, supposedly. Under her bed she had occult symbols. Yeah, I know it sounds like a movie. But then art often imitates life (and vice versa)

So, I am just hoping someone can reply and share their experiences and/or let me know what it was that they think I experienced. I can guess, I'm not stupid but my guesses alone are not objective, they are subjective. I need some outside objectivity as I know very little of the occult aside from some dabbling. And yes, I now know that dabbling without "protection" isn't such a good idea, dabbling full stop may not be a good idea and yes, I was quite stupid to. But here I am nonetheless.

The last time I dabbled was 20 years ago, following that experience I stopped (that wasn't the school episode, that was something else and a whole other story) So, I have these experiences and snippets of info that I am trying to put together and find out what happened.

It feels like I have no point of reference for what I've experienced and I guess this is why I am posting, to get a point of reference through the opinions from others who can perhaps be more objective than I can be. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

sonya7 - this is your 3rd thread here in just over a week.
    Please don't open another one, if you do and it is of a similar nature you will be facing a lengthy ban from here.

Have a look at our charter, read some of the other threads, from that you should be able to see that your musings here are not appropriate to this forum. I don't even know where to move them to - you might try the Spirituality forum or possibly the Paranormal forum but before you post in either I strongly recommend you first do as above - read the charter, read some of the threads and at this stage send a PM to the relevant mods asking if your topic(s) are appropriate to that forum.

Thread closed.
    Taltos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement