Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Baseball Starter Kit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

That is a kids set so will be very small (unless you are a kid!)

You will need a bat (32" is the smallest adults use). Aluminimum bats are more expensive but they dont break and the ball travels further. Its easier to break a wooden bat than you think!

You will need balls (depending on where you play you could lose lots!)

You need gloves for each fielder (you could swap them each inning so you dont have to buy one each)

The catcher's gear will be the hardest to pick up & most expensive.
    Its a dangerous position behind the batter and you get hit all the time. At the bare minimum you need a full face mask (and a cup!)

You need bases of some sort. You can buy flat rubber mats that work fine.

Batters should wear a helmet. The balls are hard.

Baseball Ireland runs a B league which is for people starting out. I'd reccomend getting in touch with your closest team and talking to them.
    You should go to a few training sessions and pick up some tips. It can be a very frustrating game if you are doing the wrong things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭ameliadad

Doh!

Thanks TempPeck. Plenty of useful info there.

Yes, I think I may get in contact with Baseball Ireland. I'm struggling to get more than 3 of my friends behind this idea, so may be better getting in contact with a team already set up.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Where are you based?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭ameliadad

Dublin, Ringsend

Spartans play and train @ Corkagh Park, Clondalkin
    Hurricanes play @ Corkagh Park but train in the Pheonix Park
    Black Sox play & train @ Black Sox Park, Shankill
    Mariners play @ Black Sox Park but train in Greystones

You can find all the contact info on baseballireland.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭muppet_man

Aldi are doing a baseball set this Sunday, bat & ball or glove & ball.
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_22353.htm

Advertisement