Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

ASOT wrote: »
    Ali going in on McGregor from Khabibs account

Check out @TeamKhabib’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/1113488568037593088?s=09

Haha comments saying khabib but you raped conor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Seriously though can they put them in same building again without a brawl breaking out. Khabib flipped over religion can imagine what he'd do for insulting his wife. Ali is stirring sh1t big time. Its gone too far now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I hope what’s happened today doesn’t jeopardize the chances of Khabib x Mcgregor 2 later in the year.
    No doubt it sells the fight even more and brings in more ppv, but there is a real nasty edge between the 2 camps now, that could result in more trouble than its worth. In last fight I think Khabib could have crushed Mcgregor jaw if ref hadn’t stepped in, but he may not let the ref stop him next time. I just think Conor has been going way too far with the insults, it used to be funny, he was so charismatic and entertaining, but something changed in him in the lead up to mayweather.
    Am still hoping for the big triumphant comeback and him winning back the belt and a couple of defenses (especially giving Diaz a shot for title) before he retires unharmed. And it’s a shame he no longer seems to be the type of character who will be a UFC lifer like Bisping, Cormier who we will continue to see on tv for many years after their fighting days.

• Advertisement

Omg he is pushing it even further.
    It’s funny and all, but is this really advisable??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Glad they've learned their laugh after the talk incited a brawl last time. I'm loving it anyway, although not as much as Dana who's creaming himself at the moment. Warning both camps my hole :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Glad they've learned their laugh after the talk incited a brawl last time. I'm loving it anyway, although not as much as Dana who's creaming himself at the moment. Warning both camps my hole :D
    Warning them to keep it going more like

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭selassie

You'd want security ready to pull Khabib off him when the ref declares it over there's no way he's listening to the referee this time.

• Dana will be livid that the allegations were brought up or repeated by Ali and Khabib (likely Ali posting). Not a hope he finds it funny or is 'creaming himself' at the publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

Dana will be livid that the allegations were brought up or repeated by Ali and Khabib (likely Ali posting). Not a hope he finds it funny or is 'creaming himself' at the publicity.

Yeah, he was real annoyed over the dolly incident too.

• VW 1 wrote: »
    Yeah, he was real annoyed over the dolly incident too.
    We're not talking about the dolly incident.

If you think Dana wants more attention brought to allegations of this nature against the UFCs biggest star - for a lot of people the face of the UFC - you're living in fantasy land.

Enormous effort has gone into minimizing the reach of these allegations. On both sides of the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Seems to be deleted now, what was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Seems to be deleted now, what was it?

It said
    Plot twist: It’s a goat under that towel

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

We're not talking about the dolly incident.

If you think Dana wants more attention brought to allegations of this nature against the UFCs biggest star - for a lot of people the face of the UFC - you're living in fantasy land.

Enormous effort has gone into minimizing the reach of these allegations. On both sides of the Atlantic.

Sometimes even the New York Times prints stories about MMA.

This is a story about Moraingy which is some kind of mixed martial art performed in Madagascar. The journalist is a Finbarr O'Reilly so definitely some Irish connection although he was born in Wales. I thought it was interesting. Here it is.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/05/world/africa/madagascar-moraingy.html?rref=collection%2Ftimestopic%2FMixed%20Martial%20Arts&action=click&contentCollection=timestopics&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=4&pgtype=collection

NY Times has a paywall so you only get to read a few of their stories a month for free. In case you might prefer to read some of their other articles, you might not want to use it on this one. But this one is interesting. Whether other ones are as interesting is subjective I guess. I haven't read many due to the paywall restriction.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sometimes even the New York Times prints stories about MMA.

This is a story about Moraingy which is some kind of mixed martial art performed in Madagascar. The journalist is a Finbarr O'Reilly so definitely some Irish connection although he was born in Wales. I thought it was interesting. Here it is.
    Are you getting one of your bouts of confusion again?

That's not about MMA, or a form of MMA. It's a martial art from Madagascar. Looks like a style of striking with a preference of boxing over kickboxing.

The whole ignorant troll schtick is hilariously woeful.

Mellor wrote: »
    Are you getting one of your bouts of confusion again?

That's not about MMA, or a form of MMA. It's a martial art from Madagascar. Looks like a style of striking with a preference of boxing over kickboxing.

The whole ignorant troll schtick is hilariously woeful.

What's with the attitude? If you don't like it, ignore it. Others might find it interesting. This is "off-topic" thread anyway.

I can't give a link to the NYT MMA page for reasons which I won't state, but that is where I saw the story first. So they obviously thought it would appeal to people interested in MMA.

Here's an MMA site which reviewed the article. https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11/6/18067872/moraingy-madagascar-centuries-old-version-mixed-martial-arts-traditional-bare-knuckle-africa-history

The author of that review article has his contact details on top if you want to contact him to call him out on his "hilariously woeful ignorant troll schtick".

What's with the attitude? If you don't like it, ignore it. Others might find it interesting. This is "off-topic" thread anyway.
    Where I did I say I didn't like it, or it wasn't interesting? I said it wasn't MMA, as you know that. Came across as another attempted at "Im confused about the MMA stuff".

I thought the article itself was great. I Find the co-evolution of martial arts all over the word interested. Regularly listen to a padcast on the very topic.
    The author of that review article has his contact details on top if you want to contact him to call him out on his "hilariously woeful ignorant troll schtick".
    That was directed at you, and you posting in the last week, not the author.

Where I did I say I didn't like it, or it wasn't interesting? I said it wasn't MMA, as you know that. Came across as another attempted at "Im confused about the MMA stuff".

I thought the article itself was great. I Find the co-evolution of martial arts all over the word interested. Regularly listen to a padcast on the very topic.

That was directed at you, and you posting in the last week, not the author.

Yeah it's ok. I thought you were saying that I was trolling and putting something that was not MMA related into the forum. When I genuinely wasn't. I was trying to add to conversation. I'm not posting on those other threads again. The feedback one or the Conor McGregor one. Wasn't trying to piss you off or start a row

• Advertisement

I honestly thought you were playing out some weird angle.

Conor McGregor thread should be locked fight is announced. We all need a break

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

This is possibly the best option if it's to be kept strictly for fight talk. There's no sign of one yet so no point keeping it open for people to post non fight stuff in (something I'm guilty of myself)

Ali going in on McGregor from Khabibs account

Check out @TeamKhabib’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/status/1113488568037593088?s=09

a different picture of McGregor's Liverpool "conquest".

ouch. probably what she looked like in the morning.

no wonder he is denying it.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3711193/mother-of-conor-mcgregors-love-child-pictured-at-seven-months-pregnant-after-her-fling-with-ufc-superstar/

abITTko.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Code of conduct being called for by cyborg and Dana already trying to calm it so not to alienate some faiths/races/creeds/whatevers esp in light of ESPN monopoly now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I really don't understand this. If you need a break just unfollow the thread for a while?

This "I don't like it so it shouldn't be allowed" attitude is lunacy!

I really don't understand this. If you need a break just unfollow the thread for a while?
    Come on, I wasn't actually being serious. I thought that was obvious.

• Advertisement

Any chance Conor will be part of the upcoming UFC presser for upcoming fights?? I doubt it, he barely even turns up now to the events in the week leading up to his fight.

Advertisement