Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Yes you can get your money back, but they can push you to put it on another pre-order or even lie because it hurts their sales.
    Just went into HMW this afternoon and they still have the deal for fifa 12 trade in at around 10-12 euro so I'm planning on bringing it in tomorrow before the price of the deal drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I was offered €16 in HMV around 10 days ago but they said they wouldn't take the Ultimate Edition for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Fifa 13 ad. Looking forward to it already..
    http://t.co/VEKv766z

Ya that Fifa ad is class!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

class ad haha
    if only real life was like that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

they just had to add that bloody trophy finding an in form player in fut :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Am I the only one that thinks Oxy Chamberlain is a ridiculous choice as cover star?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks Oxy Chamberlain is a ridiculous choice as cover star?

Not really, he's a popular up-and-coming english footballer. Its only for the UK cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I was offered €16 in HMV around 10 days ago but they said they wouldn't take the Ultimate Edition for whatever reason.

Why? What difference does it make.
    HMV gave me €13.50 off Madden 13 so I'd be hoping for around €10 off Fifa 13.

I just got €10 off Fifa 13 on Friday in HMW on O'Connel Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It makes no difference at all. I'm guessing they don't want customers expecting something extra because the box says 'ULTIMATE EDITION' across the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Looking forward to this now, fed up playing Fifa 12 at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For the love of god there better be a better loan system in '13. Nothing worse than getting a player overall round 60 in your academy, not good enough for first team, chelsea btw, and nobody will take them on loan. Whenever i play as a league 2 side i would gladly take some of those players

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

NUTZZ wrote: »

Arsenal have a partnership with EA don't they, the same as Manchester City? They were always going to pick one of the English lads for the UK cover so that basically left Jenkinson, Gibbs, or Oxlaide-Chamberlain if they wanted someone different as Wilshere and Walcott had been on it before. They've gone with the most popular out of those and realistically if it's based on the above criteria the only one they really could.

Can anyone tell me if you can setup a custom league in Fifa 13? Few lads in work will be getting this and we want to make our own online league. Is this possible?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah you can, its in them all going back the last few years - thats what we run the leagues here in.

Thanks Axwell. Can you tell me if the scheduling can be flexible? Like, does it know when 2 people have played each other twice or do you have to give it a scheduled time and date?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

There is no time and date it just has the list of teams and the user who has them. Then you can set how many times teams play each other, either twice or four times and it will show beside each time how many times you have left to play them. So if its set to play four times and I play you once I will see a 3 beside your name showing we have 3 matches left. We record the fixtures and results ourselves elsewhere, we just use the league to accommodate the matches themselves and making sure people have played their games.

Thats class! Really looking forward to this and sign me up if there are any Boards leagues happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

mite join myself now that i have a stable internet connection :P

• Advertisement

• I sold Fifa 12 back in June to take a break from playing fifa games before fifa 13 comes out. Usually I play the current fifa game right up until the new one comes out so the break has me really looking forward to the new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Where's everyone preordering it?

Heard Gamesnash are great for getting it to you before the launch date, but they seem pricey. Anyone any alternatives?

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Where's everyone preordering it?

Heard Gamesnash are great for getting it to you before the launch date, but they seem pricey. Anyone any alternatives?
    I'm getting mine from HMW as an alternative from Gamestop as they've done a great deal for me on FIFA 12 for €10 while Gamestop only accept €3 for the FIFA 12 trade in..

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Just a quick note on the pricing.

The cost price and RRP has gone up this year, and also on top of that the euro has fallen and continues to fall versus sterling (which the game is costed on) You will find us quite competitive overall. We do have a special offer for boardsies mentioned earlier in this thread where you can get up to €10 in a voucher back from us - minimum of €3.

Details of Gamesnash Offer on FIFA 13

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056720877

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Parawind

Axwell wrote: »
    There is no time and date it just has the list of teams and the user who has them. Then you can set how many times teams play each other, either twice or four times and it will show beside each time how many times you have left to play them. So if its set to play four times and I play you once I will see a 3 beside your name showing we have 3 matches left. We record the fixtures and results ourselves elsewhere, we just use the league to accommodate the matches themselves and making sure people have played their games.

It really would be nice if they added some more options regarding the leagues. They seem to be hiding them further in the menu each year and haven't made any changes since their introduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

7 days until the demo! :pac:

Excited for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Don't think I'll bother with the demo this year. All it does it make me not want to play the previous version any more and then I'm stuck playing 3min halfs with 4 teams to chose from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Don't think I'll bother with the demo this year. All it does it make me not want to play the previous version any more and then I'm stuck playing 3min halfs with 4 teams to chose from

But its the new one vs the one you've played hundredths and thousands of times! I know I'll prob trade Fifa 12 into Cex in a few days and take the €14 they are offering before its gone. And just play the demo instead till we all get 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I won't bother with the Demo myself since i found the FIFA 12 demo terrible.

Players wound't make runs off the ball and the 3mins per half just annoyed me.
    Instead I'll be first in the queue at the midnight launch :D
    Everything I just said above will not happen as I have terrible will power and Instead i'll be the first to Download the Demo :(

Advertisement