Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin Bus Route to feed Luas @ Broombridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭StreetLight

There's much more to setting up a bus route than just telling a driver to get on a bus and saying "do that".

- Mock trial runs have to take place to estimate running times
    - Schedules have to be drawn up
    - Driver hours have to be scrutinised so that they don't break EU laws
    - Electronic information has to be loaded into the AVL system
    - Timetables have to be printed up
    - Costings have to be analysed and finalised
    - Access to the Luas facility has to be inspected for insurance/operational reasons and applied for
    - The NTA has to be officially notified of the intention to commence a service and issue a final green light

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Also drivers have to be balloted on the schedules/bills as per union agreement and sometimes this will involve schedules that have to be revised a few times before they are accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lovelyhurler

You would have thought that all this would have been done LAST YEAR in advance of the line opening up.
    I suppose that would be too much like logical forward planning..........................

You would have thought that all this would have been done LAST YEAR in advance of the line opening up.
    I suppose that would be too much like logical forward planning..........................

I believe that the idea is to not start the bus service before enough of the newer trams have arrived to increase the frequency and capacity of the trams since it's still quite poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

KD345 wrote: »
    The Luas timetable is available to the public on the Transport For Ireland website.

Green Line - https://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/TTB/EFA03__00006af3.pdf

Red Line - https://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/TTB/EFA03__000004d5.pdf

404 not found on those links!

• Advertisement

404 not found on those links!

See Attached

devnull wrote:
    See Attached

Thanks Devnull but would you have the Green Line that's the one I use?

Thanks Devnull but would you have the Green Line that's the one I use?

I attached both the red and the green line - maybe you don't see it though

Green here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=441006&d=1518035257

devnull wrote: »
    I attached both the red and the green line - maybe you don't see it though

Green here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=441006&d=1518035257

Great, thanks, I'll see how it compares with the real time App over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭markpb

devnull wrote: »
    I believe that the idea is to not start the bus service before enough of the newer trams have arrived to increase the frequency and capacity of the trams since it's still quite poor.

That doesn’t prevent them from having the details worked out and publicised in advance, with a launch date of April or May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Saw a bus today heading towards Cappagh Hospital on Ratoath Rd with no passengers or signage. Looks like they could be trialling the journey times of the bus at peak time. This was at 8.15am today bus went by me as I was heading on the Ratoath Rd towards Cabra at junction of Tolka Valley Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MGWR

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    A new bus service will soon connect commuters in Finglas to the Luas Green Line at Broombridge.

The National Transport Authority and Dublin Bus have reportedly reached a preliminary agreement to put the new route online as soon as possible.

Commuters could use the service from as early as March.
    Cork Examiner
    Oh look: more forced connections to the Luas to inflate the Luas passenger numbers, and to generate more excuses to cut more extant bus services and cut "BusConnects" (lol) to ribbons in addition.

If they wanted to build a Luas to Finglas, they would have done it already too. (Wasn't that supposed to be metro??) Time to rip out all tramways in the city centre and put "Luas" underground to make it the metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭markpb

MGWR wrote: »
    Oh look: more forced connections to the Luas to inflate the Luas passenger numbers, and to generate more excuses to cut more extant bus services and cut "BusConnects" (lol) to ribbons in addition.

You think providing feeder bus services to a rail network is a _bad_ idea?
    If they wanted to build a Luas to Finglas, they would have done it already too. (Wasn't that supposed to be metro??)

Are you high? You're arguing that a feeder bus from Finglas to the luas is a bad idea because they haven't built a luas line to Finglas?

They should have waited until longer and more frequent trams are in service to start this, Luas is jam packed as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

They should have waited until longer and more frequent trams are in service to start this, Luas is jam packed as it is.

You do realise no official information about when this route is going to start has been made public so it could very well be after the new trams are delivered that this route is up and running.

Stephen15 wrote:
    You do realise no official information about when this route is going to start has been made public so it could very well be after the new trams are delivered that this route is up and running.

It was there this morning at Broombridge Luas and people were getting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

The bus I saw this morning at broombridge at 8.25 was marked driving school.

Where's the official timetable as it's not the DB website. Is it a ghost bus?

What route was it displaying?

Stephen15 wrote:
    What route was it displaying?

Don't know I was at further end of crowded platform waiting for Luas, just seen double decker arriving and a few people getting off.

• Advertisement

Don't know I was at further end of crowded platform waiting for Luas, just seen double decker arriving and a few people getting off.

Was it even a DB bus? It could have been a private bus.

Stephen15 wrote:
    Was it even a DB bus? It could have been a private bus.

Looked like DB but could have been private hire I suppose, never seen a bus there before though.

Looked like DB but could have been private hire I suppose, never seen a bus there before though.

Some of private bus fleet are ex DB so hence the similar looks. My guess would be one of Industrial estates has started providing a shuttle bus to Broombridge Luas Stop.

The route hasn't started yet and the last I heard suggested it would be sometime in March.

What's the delay in announcing this service and bringing it into operation? They suggested it would be starting sometime in March and I've yet to see any official announcement as of yet with only a week a left in March it seems they are overdue in bringing it into operation. What's the latest on the service? When will it be up and running, does anyone know?

Stephen15 wrote:
    What's the delay in announcing this service and bringing it into operation? They suggested it would be starting sometime in March and I've yet to see any official announcement as of yet with only a week a left in March it seems they are overdue in bringing it into operation. What's the latest on the service? When will it be up and running, does anyone know?

Would rather it didn't start, almost full on Luas in peak morning times as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

Seen a bus in learning Liveries in training, it came from Ratoath Road then it turned left onto ballyboggon road. Wonder was it in training for potential new route?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Would rather it didn't start, almost full on Luas in peak morning times as it is.

At the Broombridge end?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

It was heading that direction after turning left from Ratoath Road

• Advertisement

At the Broombridge end?

Yep. Needs more frequency and longer trams before that service would make sense.

Advertisement