Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed, Win7 install problem

• 06-01-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I've just put together a new rig but i keep getting the error "0x80070570" when windows installer is at the "expanding windows files". Hopefully somebody can help me out here.

Hardware installed:
    i7-920
    ASUS P6T mobo
    6gb DDR3 Corsair xms3
    Samsung 1.5tb F3 HDD
    Sony Ad7240S dvd rw
    HD 5770
    Corsair hx 750w

Trying to install windows 7 ultimate 64bit but its no use. Any suggestions?
    During setup it say "Detecting devices, done. No devices detected" but bios detects my harddrive, managed to fix that problem by disabling jmicron controller in bios.
    Using a burnt (legitimate I might add) image to install.
    Burnt with Imgburn at x1 speed using sony DVD+R disks.

Can anybody help me out?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Based on what I have seen before, I would try reseating your RAM or running a RAM test as you may have dodgy RAM.
    That or there is an issue with the disk itself.

Could also be an issue with hardware drivers......
    Theres a good few posts out there with similiar error symptoms and a good few different solutions to them, for example:

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/5318-win7-install-error-0x80070570.html
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/b2058551-c929-4a12-99eb-f9ae2966a5d1

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shanous

it also says "bootmgr is missing" on startup too. I have no OS installed so how do i fix this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Anton.Mamyko

you have to get you HDD clean like new.
    you have to get the cmd window up. i think it is in the repair section of the install
    1- run diskpart.exe
    2- select disk 0
    3- clean
    4 exit
    install

that was the issue with Vistas anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Anton.Mamyko

and man, what are you doing on here asking questions about PCs??
    overclock.net

remember to fill in you specs before posting!

how much was the rig and off which website?

thanks ill try that now

any ideas on the error from my first post?

just a tab over a grand, from ebuyer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭DarrenMSP

shanous wrote: »
    it also says "bootmgr is missing" on startup too.

That dreaded screen :(

Anyway, I got the "0x80070570" before and it turned out to be the download of the .ISO got corrupted. So reburn it to a disk and see if it works or a USB.

Details on doing that here - http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/

If it doesn't work I would try get another legal copy of the .ISO and try DVD/USB install again.

When your installing, be sure to format the HD you plan to put the OS on, when given the choice, but if you BootMGR is missing you drive is well formated :P

Good luck and let us know!

i can fix the bootmgr missing thing. can i use my ipod as the usb? ive wiped it completely and formatted it to ntfs

could it have anything to do with my bios version? 0801 at the moment

I couldn't see why not, if the iPod is NTFS and more than 4GB's in size.

I doubt its your BIOS but if there is an update for it try updating it.

i've updated to the latest bios, 0904 i think. created a bootable windows 7 installer on my ipod with the microsoft tool, changed bios to boot from it but all i get after the POST is a black screen with that annoying little underscore dude blinking at me in the top left corner!

Is your boot order set to USB first not HDD?

• Advertisement

yup, changed usb to hard drive 1 in boot devices and to 1 is boot configuration

my memory is ddr3 1600mhz but bios is detecting 1066mhz, could this be it?

I'm not an expert on RAM tbh, but I think that might be the motherboards can't handle more than 1066mhz, if I'm wrong folks please let me know!

This might not work, but I used it to solve an issue like this before. If you can find a Vista disk, install vista (XP might do it either). If it works, you should be able to install Win 7 (Vista upgrade or Clean install) after this.

If you want to see if the rig is actually working before you go to that much work, get a copy of Dam Small Linux from here ( http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/download.html) burn it to a USB and live boot it. Least that way you know the rig is defo working.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Unless the RAM is outright faulty it shouldn't cause this sort of a problem - the discrepancy noted is most likely the difference between the RAM frequency itself and the front speed bus frequency on the motherboard. The system will default to whatever value works for all system components, and there shouldn't be any issues with the memory as a result.

Given the description of the issues at present, I'd suggest a twinned approach at this point: try the Win7 media on another computer to see if it works, and at the same time try out any LiveCD on your rig to see if the drives are visible & mountable. It could be that your drive's partition table is stuffed.

Regarding the failure to detect your hard drive, you could try going to the ASUS download page for your motherboard and getting the latest SATA drivers, extract them to a directory on a USB pendrive and use them as drivers during your Win7 installation.

fixed the problem! just changed my RAM speed in BIOS to 1600 and it worked a charm! Thanks for all the help

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

shanous wrote: »
    fixed the problem! just changed my RAM speed in BIOS to 1600 and it worked a charm! Thanks for all the help

I'm glad you got your problem sorted, but given that you appear to have had at least two problems, would you mind clarifying what problems you had with the installation process and how you solved each one? Hopefully this will help anyone else who runs across a similar issue in future.

fixed the "No devices" problem by disabling the jmicron controller in bios. And fixed the windows installation by setting my RAM speed to it proper level, 1600mhz. Bios had detected it as 1066mhz for some reason. everything has worked perfectly since!

Advertisement