Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clip on hair extensions

• 26-05-2006 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

The salon I go to have started doing these, but it's €300 for a full head :eek: I saw on another board that a girl had gotten a set off Ebay for ~€60 and they were perfect.

Does anybody have any experience with them? How many do you need to do your full head? The set I was looking at has 8 pieces - 8", 7", 5", 2x3", 3x2". Would that be enough?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

I'm not 100% sure on how to apply them, but if you go to salon services off the naas road or terrisales in Abbey street, you should be able to talk to the staff and I think they're far cheaper. I used to work with a girl in a hairdressers who put her own in and they were only €5 each. (They looked great, by the way, and I have a skilled eye for extensions and wigs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I got a set from wigwam in stephens green shopping centre for 150 euro about a month ago!They are fantastic and dont look fake at all. I got two different hairpieces and one was 100 euro and the other was 50 euro.Highly reccomend the wigwam ones

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

And in wigwam they will clip them in for you and you can see what they look like on you before you buy them.

Panda are yours made from human hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Panda, are they easy to put in?

Yep you really do just clip them in.I have a thicker one that I put at the top of my head and then a less thicker one that goes underneath.Literraly takes 2mins to put them in.Great when you wanna jazz up your look for a night out.

I think they are made from human hair my ones which I feel quite bad about now after reading about the hair trade industry,but I didnt know that when I brought them. In wigwam they have loads of shades and my ones match my hair perfectly.They even cut it at the front for me to make it blend in with my natural hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jamiegam

rainglow wrote:
    The salon I go to have started doing these, but it's €300 for a full head :eek: I saw on another board that a girl had gotten a set off Ebay for ~€60 and they were perfect.

Does anybody have any experience with them? How many do you need to do your full head? The set I was looking at has 8 pieces - 8", 7", 5", 2x3", 3x2". Would that be enough?

Hi Rainglow

Theres a new place beside my office beside the ******* theater in dame street,,it has a pink shop front..they have a website

http://www.hairextensions.ie/

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

My friend who has experienced a lot of hair loss in the last two years is getting married in a few months. Would these be of any use to her do you know? She has tried every drug etc. with no luck and I know she is anxious about having terrible hair on her big day. Advice appreciated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

My friend who has experienced a lot of hair loss in the last two years is getting married in a few months. Would these be of any use to her do you know? She has tried every drug etc. with no luck and I know she is anxious about having terrible hair on her big day. Advice appreciated.
    Would she consider a wig? I had a wig for my big day last December, they styled it like normal hair and it looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

On www.hqhair.com, they have a hair extensions brand called Hairdo that do both human and synthetic hair. They're really reasonable, less than €100 and they look really great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Anyone seen the clip in hair extensions Dunnes are doing now? They look awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Nice!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

CathyMoran wrote:
    Would she consider a wig? I had a wig for my big day last December, they styled it like normal hair and it looked great.

I don't know. The thing is that the hair loss is patchy - she has lost perhaps 30% of the hair from her head, most of her eyebrows and all of the hair from her arms and legs (she's not too fussed about that one :) ).

A wig might be overkill as she actually tries to keep her hair shoulder-length and she styles it carefully in the morning into ponytails and plaits to hide the bald spots.

I might mention a wig but I really am interested in whether or not these clip-extensions would work for her.

Doea anyone know where you can get synthetic i.e non human hair clip in extensions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

wig wam are great! I got a set of blond clip ins recently €5 euro each (i just use them for streaks of colour as opposed to all over extentions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PirateGirl

I wonder where in galway does extensions for a good price, ive had synthethic ones before from salon services before and they were awesome when i was growing out my hair-80euro for a full set of clip ins, but human hair ones are so much nicer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Im after buying 3 stips of the clip ins and i absolutely love them!! There so easy to put in and really make a difference for a night out!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I got mine in not to worry. they sell a bag of hair (sounds so weird) for about 40 quid and its 18". you have to cut it and clip it yourself though. my friend did mine and theyre great... but i still havent gotten the hang of them yet. especially because my hair is RIDICULOUSLY thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Lady Luck

I am a student with little money! Where is the cheapest place in dublin to get clip in hair extensions!?

I heard of a place in the Ilac Center that sells them. They do weaves etc for African women. Anyone have any experince with them?

x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

If you want cheap but actually decent Iwould advise the shop called "not to worry" its at the very end oftalbot street, just walk from the spire towards connely station and its on the left, they have a great selection of colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sahrs

I saw the clip ins from dunnes to day and bought a pack..i cant believe they match my hair(ive naturally red hair), ive been to Hairspray and they couldnt get a match..i need more of them but they are a little shiny!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭BrokenHeels_Ox

My aunt had the same problem, she got a jessica simpson hairpiece from terrisales, her hair looked soo natural, and it stayed in tact the whole day. Whether clip in extensions will work for ur friend or not highly depend on whereabouts on her head the bald patches are, and because of the weave where the hair is attached, its very difficult to clip pieces of hair back etc., without noticing them! I would defo advise the jessica simpson hairpiece!

Lady Luck wrote: »
    I am a student with little money! Where is the cheapest place in dublin to get clip in hair extensions!?

I heard of a place in the Ilac Center that sells them. They do weaves etc for African women. Anyone have any experince with them?

x x x

Well, the place I'm thinking of is in Moore Street. I used to get my extensions there, but I find they turn to rubbish very quickly. U are getting a bag of hair and have to buy the clips seperatly, and she will charge twenty euro to sow them on, unless u want to do them urself. U would be just as well going to hairspray IMO

And to the poster who said about the dunnes extensions, the reason there so shiny is because they are synthetic, which can be such a pain, as you cant use heat on them!

And in response to the OP:

I went to hairspray for mine, couldnt recommend them highly enough, they clip them in before u buy them, then take them out and teach u how to clip them in! The girls are really very nice. They have a website hairspray.ie , its just off wicklow street. I got the hairspray brand extensions, as my hair is very thick. But one packet is a full head of hair, 80 euro with clips atached. The brand you get depends on ur hair type, but the girls in there wil be able to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

panda100 wrote: »
    Doea anyone know where you can get synthetic i.e non human hair clip in extensions?

One major issue with synthetic hair is that you can't style it (ie. use a hair tongs, hair straightener on it).

Advertisement