Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

• 02-01-2014 2:51am
    Administrators Posts: 53,349 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

First.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ohhh you re-decorated!

......I dont like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Brandy maybe. Cigars, no

Anyway, back to work after nearly three weeks doing f-all and arsing a round.
    :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

*sniffs air*

This feels...different. New smells, fresh thoughts. Hmmmm...not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Might be sneaking a hip flask of whiskey in here if the only thing going is brandy :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

No Harp in the title? :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Knex. wrote: »
    Might be sneaking a hip flask of whiskey in here if the only thing going is brandy :p
    Finished off my Wicklow cottage supply of Bushmills last night :p

No really, my flatmate got me a hip flask for chrimbo. I'm officially old but awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No Harp in the title? :p

I was drinking Harp over Christmas and it is actually not a bad beer. Would definitely rate it higher than the Budweisers, Carlsbergs and Coors of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I was drinking Harp over Christmas and it is actually not a bad beer. Would definitelt rate it higher than the Budweisers, Carlsbergs and Coors of this world.
    Calling Budweiser and Coors beer is an insult to real beers anyway.

A golden Labrador puppy befriended us on a hike today and we had to drive him for an hour across Wicklow to the dog rescue. Poor fella was so desperate to find a family that he started chasing the car as we drove away; didn't want him to get run over so we brought him back to the house we found him at, only for the weird old guy in the house to basically tell us to PFO. Said the dog was a stray that had just shown up a few days earlier :(

Loaded his wet, bedraggled self into the boot and he freaked out the entire journey, constantly trying to climb into the back seat with us. He kept licking my hand as I petted him and tried to keep him calm. Was tough going as he stank, and facing the wrong way made me car sick and I wanted to hurl. Once we got the rescue we handed him over but he desperately wanted to stay with us. Poor White Fang :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Fair play to you for going out of your way to help the dog out anyway. Hopefully someone will give him a good home.

Labs are very very intelligent dogs and loyal for life..

I hate seeing dogs suffer like that, well any animal suffer actually but I have a real soft spot for dogs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,792 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oooh, new digs. That a new sofa? Why'd you go for the heart shape?

Happy New Year all

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Fair play to you for going out of your way to help the dog out anyway. Hopefully someone will give him a good home.
    There never really was any other option once we realised he was there alone. Hope they find a good home for him alright, he was a complete sweetheart. Feel really bad for him.

Home sweet home!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Why brandy??
    Scotch is so much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

w00t, weekend again, though it's gonna be a quiet one.

/looks around at new decor.

It'll do the job I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

The wind howling and rain lashing outside.
    On the inside. A comfortable chair. A roaring fire. A fine brandy and a John le Carre novel. The simple life for me.

Leitrim eh?

We all have our crosses to carry I guess.....

:pac:

Welcome to tGC.

I thank you.
    Yes Leitrim. Hunting shooting and fishing. Feck it's a hard life. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Oooh shiny new thread! I do love brandy. Currently not speaking to whiskey after polishing off two bottles of wine and a bottle of whiskey on NYE :pac:

Belated happy 2014, all :)

• Advertisement

Hermione* wrote: »
    Oooh shiny new thread! I do love brandy. Currently not speaking to whiskey after polishing off two bottles of wine and a bottle of whiskey on NYE :pac:

And as for you, like a feckin blood hound. As soon as the good stuff is opened you appear!

:p

OldRio wrote: »
    I thank you.
    Yes Leitrim. Hunting shooting and fishing. Feck it's a hard life. :D

Could be at a helluva lot worse in fairness!

You youngsters. The grape and the grain. Rookie mistake.

Hermione* is actually 47.

She is just a total dipso.

Kinda sad really.

Hermione* wrote: »

Dang!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I was drinking Harp over Christmas and it is actually not a bad beer. Would definitely rate it higher than the Budweisers, Carlsbergs and Coors of this world.

You leave Carlsberg alone! :pac:
    A golden Labrador puppy befriended us on a hike today and we had to drive him for an hour across Wicklow to the dog rescue. Poor fella was so desperate to find a family that he started chasing the car as we drove away; didn't want him to get run over so we brought him back to the house we found him at, only for the weird old guy in the house to basically tell us to PFO. Said the dog was a stray that had just shown up a few days earlier :(

Loaded his wet, bedraggled self into the boot and he freaked out the entire journey, constantly trying to climb into the back seat with us. He kept licking my hand as I petted him and tried to keep him calm. Was tough going as he stank, and facing the wrong way made me car sick and I wanted to hurl. Once we got the rescue we handed him over but he desperately wanted to stay with us. Poor White Fang :(

132924850615.png

Fair dues man, poor little pup!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What Coleman actually means is that the beer H* brews is 4.7%. Possibly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

And as for you, like a feckin blood hound. As soon as the good stuff is opened you appear!
    :p
    Well, pass the bottle, there's a good chap :D
    OldRio wrote: »
    You youngsters. The grape and the grain. Rookie mistake.
    It's not even the first dozenth time I've done it :pac:
    Hermione* is actually 47.
    She is just a total dipso.
    Kinda sad really.
    I lol'd. You say such nice things :P
    Dang!
    Two day hangover. Great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Home sweet home!
    Are you only back today?

• Advertisement

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Are you only back today?
    yup.

Pretty drunk, not going to lie. Hopefully I'll be ok to meet ya tomorrow!

Advertisement