Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying houses

• 03-08-2020 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

What would be a good book/resource to learn about buying houses, mortages etc?

I was sure i posted this but don't see it. Apology if i am posting twice.There is something about the site since yesterday sometimes threads don't show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm not sure if there is a book on the subject. Any questions people on here are pretty helpful. A broker would be a good place to discuss mortgage options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

I was sure i posted this but don't see it. Apology if i am posting twice.There is something about the site since yesterday sometimes threads don't show
    Locaton location location
    Buy the worst house in the best area you can afford

• Registered Users Posts: 26 salmagoo

http://terrygorry.com/2016/07/31/buying-a-house-in-ireland-a-step-by-step-guide-by-a-buildersolicitor/

I would recommend Terry Gorrys book. He is a solicitor with extensive expeirence in buying and selling houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

brisan wrote: »
    Locaton location location
    Buy the worst house in the best area you can afford

I have to disagree on this. Bad house would need plenty of restoration, it’ll be cold, and so on. While location is very important, it’s not the only thing

I wouldn’t buy this

https://www.daft.ie/12756189

Advertisement