Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What does a 'conferred' degree mean?

• 17-04-2005 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

The postgraduate course I am thinking about applying to in 2006 requires you to have your degree 'conferred' the march before the september that you start the course, I wouldn't even have sat my final exams by march..
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

From how I understand it, you will have to have recievied the award by that stage. So if you haven't done the finals, you probably wouldn't count as conferred

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yeah your conferring is your graduation.. so you must have graduated and received your degree by the March previous to entering that Postgrad.. which sucks really. it wasn't like that with me at all, most conferrings are in Sept./ Oct. some even later, so it would require taking a year out which sounds crazy. I'd say ring the department and ask for clarification. Tis bit odd. :rolleyes:

Advertisement