Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EI 105 Dub-JFK

• 23-02-2011 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what plane is currently used for this flight please? I am heading to NYC next week and would like to know what features the plane has. (Is there anyway of charging an iPhone on board?)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Actually you've just reminded me to ask something as I'm heading out on that flight this week...

The headphone jacks for the IFE, are they normal 3.5mm headphone jacks or are they special on board headphones that you have to pay for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭996tt

Zyox wrote: »
    Actually you've just reminded me to ask something as I'm heading out on that flight this week...

The headphone jacks for the IFE, are they normal 3.5mm headphone jacks or are they special on board headphones that you have to pay for?

They are the 2pronged ones. Headphones are free but are really crap and uncomfortable.

Id recomend buying one of these, itll always come in handy
    http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-190395-AA-I-Airline-Adapter/dp/B00083LFW6

• Registered Users Posts: 14,396 ✭✭✭✭cson

Lol at this; "Boarding in Dublin is usually very efficient, as Irish passengers have been trained by flying Ryanair to get on fairly swiftly and without fuss."

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

From EI.com: (my emphasis)
    http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinformation/onboardandarrival/in-flightentertainment/#d.en.6819

"As part of the in-flight entertainment experience you can also avail of:
    Complimentary headsets
    Cara magazines
    Inseat power points, located under your seat cushion on all aircraft with on-demand entertainment (1 power point between every two seats).

EI uses the A330-300 on these routes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

larry1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what plane is currently used for this flight please? I am heading to NYC next week and would like to know what features the plane has. (Is there anyway of charging an iPhone on board?)

Cheers

The A330-300 and A330-200 both feature the same In Flight Entertainment system in Aer Lingus...as part of this, in Economy Class, as stated above you have a standard 3 Pin Plug socket between every 2 seats. If your lucky enough to be travelling in Business Class, you get a 3 Pin Plus at each seat and also a USB Socket at each seat. Business class features 3 prong noise cancelling headphones and are excellent. Economy Earphones are not the best. Its the Standard 3.5mm jack, The aircraft uses 2 prongs but you can also just use a single one.
    As for the Entertainment System in general, each seat has its own screen. You have a good selection of Films and Programmes for all ages. There are also a good amount of Games to play. For the average 6 and a half hour flight to JFK, you will be grand.
    Its not a set aircraft that always flies the same route. All the A330's switch around the transatlantic routes depending on the schedule etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bigben121

The A330-300 and A330-200 both feature the same In Flight Entertainment system in Aer Lingus.

well when i flew aer lingus to jfk, i got my own screen , but on the way back they had a larger one alone the alleys , i guess it was a older one (a330-200?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

And still someone has to put in the comment about the overhead screens even though they have been gone ages. Maybe it should be a sticky:

ALL TRANSATLANTIC AER LINGUS AIRCRAFT HAVE PERSONAL IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bigben121

And still someone has to put in the comment about the overhead screens even though they have been gone ages. Maybe it should be a sticky:

ALL TRANSATLANTIC AER LINGUS AIRCRAFT HAVE PERSONAL IN FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!

ok , sorry ,calm down

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

bigben121 wrote: »
    ok , sorry ,calm down

lol

• Advertisement

Ok thanks for clearing that up lads. Didn't mean to start a handbag war. God I love the internets.

Jaysus lads why would you pay for first class? Those A330 cabins for EI are class. Lovin' the IFE and the legroom is no issue for 7 hours. Top cock.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Zyox wrote: »
    Jaysus lads why would you pay for first class? Those A330 cabins for EI are class. Lovin' the IFE and the legroom is no issue for 7 hours. Top cock.
    Didn't realise the last bit was part of the inflight service!!!

Advertisement