Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Family Tree tools - Recommendations

Options
  • 11-07-2019 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

hi all, just starting to build my family tree and currently using PowerPoint, which is getting a bit messy now as I keep adding more branches!

Can anyone recommend good Family Tree makers online? Ideally I'd love to be able to share with other family members and get them to collaborate. I assume you get what you pay for with these applications?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Hi Barney224

Welcome to the forum.

Please use the search function - we have lots of topics on family tree software already.

Lots of them offer free trials, so you can test several and pick what you like before purchasing.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Hi Barney224

Welcome to the forum.

Please use the search function - we have lots of topics on family tree software already.

Lots of them offer free trials, so you can test several and pick what you like before purchasing.

OK thanks. Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tombom1

Gramps , is a free software with loads of features , otherwise I use ancestrys free tree software, but gramps to split and join different branches etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

Tombom1 wrote: »
    Gramps , is a free software with loads of features , otherwise I use ancestrys free tree software, but gramps to split and join different branches etc.

Can others view and contribute to Gramps family tree online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I'd _highly_ recommend Wikitree. It's free, flexible, online, not proprietary and far less danger of duplicate trees (unlike other solutions, everyone contributes to a single tree rather than everyone having their own copy of a tree).

https://www.wikitree.com

P.

• Advertisement
Advertisement