Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭ThePott

So is this method now dead without Revolut?
    I've tried using it and it won't accept the security code.
    Is there any other work around for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ThePott wrote:
    So is this method now dead without Revolut? I've tried using it and it won't accept the security code. Is there any other work around for it?

It's gone with revolut. Works fine otherwise. You're doing something wrong. Try another VPN/browser/device.

What other methods of payment can I use?
    My Irish card gets rejected. Any suggestions? Thanks
    I keep getting rejected because of my security code.

Is there anyway around that do you know?

I've used a VPN and paid for other streaming services but Netflix are being awkward with not accepting Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

ThePott wrote: »
    Is there anyway around that do you know?

I've used a VPN and paid for other streaming services but Netflix are being awkward with not accepting Revolut.

I got it to work by using Revolut via Curve.

I have been too lazy to check if there is any advantage to doing this over using regular Irish account. There might not be as I notice it takes Sterling rather than Lira from Revolut.

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It will take the equivalent in whatever currency you have on revolut normally
    Always better to use Revolut or n26 over Irish banks

I have both and before using Curve it was taking the Lira but since it has taken the Sterling. I was thinking Curve requests Sterling and Revolut uses the currency that is requested if there is sufficient funding.
    This could be all wrong just a theory.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Use your Irish card and take out a regular sub and let it expire and then rejoin via turkey with the same details
    This is what I was already trying with no luck :(
    Haven't heard of Curve. Will try it out and hopefully have more luck.

For Curve when it asked for an address did you leave it as your Irish address?

This is what I was already trying with no luck :(
    Haven't heard of Curve. Will try it out and hopefully have more luck.

Referral links not allowed here but if you don't mind I will PM you my referral code and we get 5 Sterling each.

Say no if you wish I don't want to be a spammer.

Irish address was not problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Have an Irish account for years, cancelled my sub - expired midnight last night - and am now trying to sign up with a Argentinian VPN getting prompted to enter a Argentinian mobile for a one time SMS to confirm location? Did I miss a step?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

tnegun wrote: »
    Have an Irish account for years, cancelled my sub - expired midnight last night - and am now trying to sign up with a Argentinian VPN getting prompted to enter a Argentinian mobile for a one time SMS to confirm location? Did I miss a step?

When this popped up for me I just clicked ‘Next’ it wasn’t a mandatory step for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

jarvis wrote: »
    When this popped up for me I just clicked ‘Next’ it wasn’t a mandatory step for me.

I had the same issue, it wouldn't let me proceed without a Argentina mobile number.

No next button for me :(

Ok so not sure what I did signed out and back in then it prompted to reactive my account and I hit next then wanted a mobile for SMS but there was a continue button so hit that and it appears to be working!

tnegun wrote: »
    Ok so not sure what I did signed out and back in then it prompted to reactive my account and I hit next then wanted a mobile for SMS but there was a continue button so hit that and it appears to be working!

I did say it had a ‘Next’ button but I knew I could have remembered it’s label wrong.

Can I ask what method of payment you're using?

Thing is its not there or wasn't when I first tried to switch the sub it just wanted a mobile number for a one time code and no option to go on. I signed out and signed in again and then had an option to continue when it offered for me to reactivate my account.

Can I ask what method of payment you're using?

Not sure who you’re asking but I pay via visa debit.

Not sure who you’re asking but I pay via visa debit.
    Anyone that will answer really :D
    Is your account based in Ireland? Having serious problems getting Netflix to accept my card when I try from another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Is your account based in Ireland? Having serious problems getting Netflix to accept my card when I try from another country.

having the same problem here.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Re the telephone number issue. I had this if I logged in and then tried to re-sub. If I clicked option to create new account but then used the existing details it worked then, it recognised the account as existing and didn't ask for phone number.

• Advertisement

You need to read the thread mate. I know it’s long but there’s dozens and dozens of people mention this. You will not be able to add a payment option while signing up via another country. You need to have an Irish account already setup with a valid card associated with the Netflix account. Cancel payments and when it expires just login via vpn and re activate your sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Just to check. Had premium sub with Revolut through Turkey but account has expired. Do I take out an Irish sub for the month with my Irish card then cancel during that month so card details are saved to account and then reactivate through vpn with whichever country is cheapest at the time? Also if I take out the basic Irish sub come renewal can I upgrade to the premium?

You need to read the thread mate. I know it’s long but there’s dozens and dozens of people mention this. You will not be able to add a payment option while signing up via another country. You need to have an Irish account already setup with a valid card associated with the Netflix account. Cancel payments and when it expires just login via vpn and re activate your sub.

I think we were typing at the same time ..... obviously you are faster :D

pissed wrote: »
    Just to check. Had premium sub with Revolut through Turkey but account has expired. Do I take out an Irish sub for the month with my Irish card then cancel during that month so card details are saved to account and then reactivate through vpn with whichever country is cheapest at the time? Also if I take out the basic Irish sub come renewal can I upgrade to the premium?

You can upgrade or downgrade once you have an active sub without vpn, just a button click in account options...

pissed wrote: »

Yes is the answer to all questions you ask here.

I have all this done already, that's why I'm asking.
    Some people signed up with Revolut and that doesn't seem to be an option anymore either based on what people are saying online. I was just wondering if things had changed is all.

I have all this done already, that's why I'm asking.
    Some people signed up with Revolut and that doesn't seem to be an option anymore either based on what people are saying online. I was just wondering if things had changed is all.

Revolut seems to be a problem for everyone signing up now, but irish card should work fine. You'll miss out on the better exchange rate, but it'll only be a few cent difference a month.

Ok, logged in to my existing account but it would not take any of my Irish cards as payment. Just created a new account (basic) and got free upgrade to premium for the month. New account accepted my Irish card so assuming old account is blocked or blacklisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

dulpit wrote: »
    Revolut seems to be a problem for everyone signing up now, but irish card should work fine. You'll miss out on the better exchange rate, but it'll only be a few cent difference a month.

I signed up a new account last week in Turkey. My revolut card is expiring soon on my old account and unsure if I could put in a new card so just set up a new account. No problems, asked for mobile number, didn't enter anything but kept clicking ok or whatever the button was to proceed. All good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bootser

Hi all, I was signed up via TOR and revolut a while back. Netflix kicked me out and was not letting me back in even using an Irish card! So set up a new irish account with my Irish card, let it lapse then used TOR again. Hey Presto back working!

Advertisement