Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free €10 From Ebay/Paypal.. And what to spend it on..

• 26-09-2018 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭

I think the offer may have been triggered by logging into an Ebay account I haven't used in a long time -
    Same happened to two relatives - So log into Ebay.ie, buy nothing, and see if you get an email from them in a day or so.

It's €10 with no minimum purchase - no change of course if its less....

So - continuing the bargain theme - what will you or what did you buy with your tenner?

I bought this:
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/283170826493

4 Litres of Isopropyl Alcohol posted for €9.50c - useful in cleaning up the bargains I get at boot sales.... :) (hasn't arrived yet though... )

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,392 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I got that offer. I hadn't used eBay for a while,so maybe that's it.

Might try the new account as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kneemos wrote: »
    I got that offer. I hadn't used eBay for a while,so maybe that's it.

Might try the new account as well though.

I got that offer...got a couple of chinese alarm clocks for my daughters....should be interesting.
    Couldnt find anything else that included free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I saw that isopropyl ebay offer a few days back, but it seemed all too dodgy, with the desc copied from some other auction, the comparably very low price and the free shipping of a 4kg+ parcel from UK to Ireland. Anyway, paypal has you covered. Let us know if it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I got a new key fob case for the spare key for the car. Broken key to fully working key for the price of a few tenths of a cent in solder

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

A note of caution on this, I got more or less the same email but contacted Ebay to confirm if it was genuine. They advised it had not issued from them and to treat with extreme caution as it was not genuine. (If from them, it should appear as a message in EBay account page)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    A note of caution on this, I got more or less the same email but contacted Ebay to confirm if it was genuine. They advised it had not issued from them and to treat with extreme caution as it was not genuine. (If from them, it should appear as a message in EBay account page)
    The best way to be safe is to never log in via the link in the email. Go to another window and log in to eBay separately and then copy in the text of the voucher code into the checkout section of this session.

The voucher I used seems to be linked to EBay, they have it marked as redeemed in my account page

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've seen some links on Facebook, that you can buy a 10 voucher for spending 3 with some company and they'll email you a code... Looks dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Buddy97mm wrote: »

I got it, bought a really good book. I’d read his first book about ultra running and a friend recommended this second book.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

i got the same email , but no voucher codes etc , how do you redeem it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭ozmo

Voucher is real - you need to buy-it-now and at the payment page on EBay there is a place to put the code- worked without issue for me...

I’m not so sure now the auction I spent it on is genuine though- I will be requesting Ebay cancel my bid- wonder if I’ll get the credit back...

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

No email here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Just to be clear, I am not saying any voucher is not genuine, but rather it may be worth to confirm with EBay before using.
    In my case, the purported EBay email was not in fact from EBay, which does call into question what any of the details might be used for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

I'd say the ISO in the OP is a scam. As previously mentioned, a tenner wouldn't even cover postage. The scammer is possibly targeting the cannabis oil market, as that is a huge market for ISO these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Claw09

10% off ebay.co.uk until 8pm using code PAYDAY

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I had to contact Paypal to get this after purchase as it did not automatically deduct.

Another offer:
    You can earn 20% cashback on ALL purchases at eBay when you shop via www.Quidco.com/ebay
    Offer expires 12/10 23:59

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Where do you see that offer on Quidco, not showing now..
    zell12 wrote: »
    Another offer:
    You can earn 20% cashback on ALL purchases at eBay when you shop via www.Quidco.com/ebay
    Offer expires 12/10 23:59

I got the email (below). I guess it is targeted
    aOkiyCD.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

zell12 wrote: »
    I got the email (below). I guess it is targeted
    aOkiyCD.jpg?1

Is Quidco not a Cashback website? Looks like it's Quidco's promotion rather than eBays?

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Is Quidco not a Cashback website? Looks like it's Quidco's promotion rather than eBays?
    Yes. I just there it in when making a comment about the Paypal offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭suave.4u

johnnykilo wrote: »

I don't see it in my Quidco account.
    maybe account specific.
    Looks like a very good offer.Enjoy!

Advertisement