Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Current Pound 4 Pound?

• 27-07-2005 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

After Mayweather's demolition of Gatti and Hopkins lack lustre performance against taylor, its gotta be the pretty boy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Agreed, watching the latest fight against Gatti and thought it was one of the best I've ever seen (Manny Pacquia Vs Marco Antonion Barrera was a great one to watch as well). The speed of Mayweather is phenomenal, it look like Gatti was fighting in slow motion some of the time!

Can't wait to see Mayweather Vs Hatton, if it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

We had this thread a few weeks ago and I went for Hopkins, but since he has been defeated I suppose I'd agree with that. I'll go ffor Mayweather too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Mayweather is just class cant wait to see him fight
    that muppet hatton if we ever do that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

ricey wrote:
    Mayweather is just class cant wait to see him fight
    that muppet hatton if we ever do that is.

Why do you think Hatton is a muppet? Fair enough I was sick for a long time of the overly biased English media hyping him up, but I think he's proved that he's a class act, a very aggressive, very tough fighter who I think would give the pretty boy something to think about. Think it could be a great fight, with Floyd winning but I wouldn't put money on it, I didn't expect Hatton to get past Tszyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PJG

joke77 I'd have to agree, I had my doubts, but now I think hes a good scrapper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

PBF is number 1.

1. PBF
    2. Winky Wright
    3. Morales
    4. Juan Manuel Marquez
    5. Diego Corrales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I'd have to pick Mayweather as well, that performance against Gatti sealed it. Heh, it's a shame though cause I'm not a Mayweather fan. Ah well, I'll live in hope ; )

I'd also like to know why you think Hatton is a muppet, ricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

Geiger wrote:
    I'd have to pick Mayweather as well, that performance against Gatti sealed it. Heh, it's a shame though cause I'm not a Mayweather fan. Ah well, I'll live in hope ; )

I'd also like to know why you think Hatton is a muppet, ricey.

Hatton fought a string of bums before he got Tszyu and he only got Tszyu because Tszyu was kind enough to come over here.

Warren needs to take the diapers off Hatton and let him go over to the USA to fight PBF or Cotto. Hatton won't be able to get away with his rugby style over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

That's fair enough, it's only the casual fans who thought Hatton was fighting top notch opponents back then. When the big fight finally materialized he got the job done when most people didn't give him a chance. I'm tired of all the abuse Hatton gets, especially when most of it has nothing to do with his boxing ability. I think he's a good fighter and a nice guy, lets see where he takes things from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Yeah and all the talk is of Mayweather Wright match up bringing together 1 and 3 in the pound 4 pound ratings, but would it be too much of a weight difference for Mayweather.

PS: Mayweather is an absoulute class boxer and excels at all aspects of the sweet science, Hatton is somewhat of a likeable brawler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

akindoc wrote:
    Hatton fought a string of bums before he got Tszyu and he only got Tszyu because Tszyu was kind enough to come over here.

Warren needs to take the diapers off Hatton and let him go over to the USA to fight PBF or Cotto. Hatton won't be able to get away with his rugby style over there.

Hatton's faught 3 times in the USA and once in Germany , albeit he wasn't fighting world champions but then again he's only ever faught 1 world champ .

Hatton would beat Cotto , Mayweather hatton is 50/50 only god knows how it would play out .

My list is :
    1.El Terrible(said in thick Mexican accent)
    2. Floyd
    3.Winky
    4.Martin Castillo
    5.Barrera

Advertisement