Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ONLINE IS MESSED UP!!

Options
  • 15-12-2009 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

2 games I've played today. One was supposed to be a TDM, turned out to be and 18 man FFA on rust, where you got points for killing your own team mates who were showing up as green icons on your map!! :eek:

Right there again, I tried playing TDM, and I'm in a game with unlimited ammo. People are firing off unlimited rocket launchers - anything, with no reloads and no ammo running out - it's insane! :eek::eek:

Whats going on!???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Gallus

Its a glitch with using ground war and private matches, to make private matches with xp and open to the public matchmaking.
    Its got rediculous since the weekend. Seems these lobbies are popping up on every one you try to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

they've messed up big time with this game IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Whats with this unlimited ammo thingy, it's unreal, javelins goin off like machine guns, constant grenades, some lads placing 50 claymores everywhere, everyone going insane with automatic noobtubes!!:eek:

bryanjf wrote: »
    they've messed up big time with this game IMO

There seems to be so many glitches and people messing with stuff, never seen it like this for any other game!

Haven't played today, when did all this start? Back to COD4 for me I think

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »
    There seems to be so many glitches and people messing with stuff, never seen it like this for any other game!

Victim of its own popularity..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

i presume the OP is talking about cod mw2?

i presume the OP is talking about cod mw2?

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Correct.

cool,had it in me hands today about to buy it,but didnt after hearing all bad about it,this just nailed the coffin for me really........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

cool,had it in me hands today about to buy it,but didnt after hearing all bad about it,this just nailed the coffin for me really........

Your loss imho. It is an excellent game (on the XBox anyway). You'll always have people who won't like something, and when it sells so many copies the chances of hearing someone complain goes up. Bottom line, the single player is good, but short. The Special Ops is very good. And the Multiplayer is great fun, but some people prefer the old version. Still worth buying and playing imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

hmmm is this happening on xbox ?

i was playing the other day - was a domination game. Came up on rust - map i've never seen before for some reason - but the game went on FOREVER. Were tonnnes of players for such a small map and I mean was about 30 mins in and people's kills were in the hundred's. i eventually dropped out because it didn't seem to be finishing and i was gettign bored of being slaughtered on an overpopulated map i didn't know.

was this a glitch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

i was playing the other day - was a domination game. Came up on rust - map i've never seen before for some reason - but the game went on FOREVER. Were tonnnes of players for such a small map and I mean was about 30 mins in and people's kills were in the hundred's. i eventually dropped out because it didn't seem to be finishing and i was gettign bored of being slaughtered on an overpopulated map i didn't know.

was this a glitch ?

Possibly. But as I mentioned earlier, Domination on Rust would be a mad scramble because it's so small. Very hard to take/keep flags when you can be seen from most of the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

was this a glitch ?

its a glitch. rust never comes up in domination (for me at least) and then the game changes to FFA before it starts.

yeah thats the glitch, they can use the privatematch settings to make a public match.
    So no time limit and infinite score limit etc. Only way you can stop the match is a nuke.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

oh i was thinking dat ground war game on rust i joined d other day was wierd. I think it said it was gunna be derail or something.

i left in the end cos it was destroying my k/d ratio like 40 deaths in 3 mins :P

weirdest thing was tho i copied some guys class and i spawned with an mg4 explosive rounds!? wtf are they? do you unlock them by finishing the prestige weapon challenges or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

this hapened to me last night aswell was paying team death match and ended up in domanation which lasted about half a hour i was on with some friends but it got old real quick.when i left the score was 750 to 620 in domanation crazy ****e going on they would need to get the patch out quick to stop it going to **** all to gethere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

The problem with boards.ie is people moan for the sake of moaning. Buy the game, try it out for yourself, make your own judgement.

Sure the game has some glitches at the moment, they will resolve them and it will turn out to be a classic, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

love it pal.
    the game is amazing. (that's a fullstop btw)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah, funnily enough, over the weekend I noticed that some players who were showing up 'Green' in TDM matches were able to kill me :(

It's getting really, really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

on the ps3 theres 10th prestiges in every lobby, consoles are getting as bad as pc's for hacking etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

been having seriously annoyin problems since last night on the ps3. my broadband works fine but sometimes i cannot sign into the playstation network let alone find any online games even when the internet connection is fine and works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

its a funny ol mod, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

just played 2 games there and there were unlimited, no need for reload n00b tubes. funny for about 2 mins but unplayable. on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

They're currently working on the problem I think. This is a post on the Infinity Ward website two days ago.

"Working with the @infinityward team for a solution to the Public "Private Match" hack going on in #MW2 at the moment. I'll keep you posted."

Lord knows when thats going to come through though. First they have to develop the patch, so a few days. Then they have to send it through microsoft certification before its comes online. Could be next week, seeing as they only even acknowledged the glitch on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

They're currently working on the problem I think. This is a post on the Infinity Ward website two days ago.

"Working with the @infinityward team for a solution to the Public "Private Match" hack going on in #MW2 at the moment. I'll keep you posted."

I've lost a lot of respect for IW because of the way they've handled the various issues in MW2. There is almost zero feedback from them on their own forum and the only (occasional) updates come from 402's twitter and I'll be damned if I sign up for that junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Enigma IE wrote: »
    The problem with boards.ie is people moan for the sake of moaning. Buy the game, try it out for yourself, make your own judgement.

Sure the game has some glitches at the moment, they will resolve them and it will turn out to be a classic, imo.

Just so I'm clear on this, your answer to a fundamentally flawed game is to throw money at the developers and then ask for it to be fixed. For the next game I hope they sell you a box with a note saying "they are aware of the lack of a cd or any actual game and the web develeopers are looking into it".

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

This happened to me I joined a game where they were all blasting the sh*t out of each other with grenade launchers and idiot me trying to kill some guys with a TAR. Bloody mayhem. 402 says a fix is on the way though I think I will stay off until then. Very unprofessional by IW this stuff should be play tested to bits before its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I've lost a lot of respect for IW because of the way they've handled the various issues in MW2. There is almost zero feedback from them on their own forum and the only (occasional) updates come from 402's twitter and I'll be damned if I sign up for that junk.

In fairness to 402 he is usually on the ball with things like this with regular updates on twitter. The last update took ages due to microsoft dragging their feet with certification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Activision really screwed the online gaming fans by not including dedicated server support for CODMW2. I can't see it getting much better. I'll stick to CODMW as I prefer online games anyway.

Advertisement