Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

If you click on the full T&Cs on the Amazon page it states

“ Purchase a Google Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a 5G (available while stocks last) between 30/9/2020 at 12:00am BST through 19/10/2020 at 11:59pm BST This Promotion is only open to individuals with a shipping address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland over the age of 18 ("Participant"). Businesses are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.”

So should be ok to order from there and get the headphones.

I agree though about Google though. Wish they would get more stock so I can buy directly from them (plus it’s cheaper in Ireland than the UK). Not sure why it’s out of stock and they didn’t just continue taking orders and push the delivery dates out.

I was in contact with Google support and they said there should be more batches of stock added before release and to just keep checking. Not sure if that’s just a stock response or not but worth keeping an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Finally it shows out of stock on the Google Store.

I made an account on uptime robot so it'll alert me when it is back in stock to order.
    This us the URL I used for it to track with keyword being Out of stock on uptime.

https://store.google.com/ie/product/pixel_5?hl=en-ie

Just a note if anyone feels like doing the same up means it's not available order, down means it is available for order.

They are some shambles with stock levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Same youtuber I posted yesterday has a follow up video:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I ordered from Amazon as I had some credit. Definitely included in the bose offer. Says on the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭padair

Are vodaphone sim locked?

padair wrote: »

We don't know, but they usually aren't.

Screen protectors and Spigen Rugged Armor both dispatched. Now the long wait for the phone.

We don't know, but they usually aren't.

Purchased twice from Amazon and cancelled. Can't justify it . Gonna wait till November launch

Purchased twice from Amazon and cancelled. Can't justify it . Gonna wait till November launch

How would the pixel 5 compare to oneplus nord? I have a oneplus 6t which is a great phone but, looking for 5g

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Screen protectors and Spigen Rugged Armor both dispatched. Now the long wait for the phone.

Where's you find the spidgen,?

Where's you find the spidgen,?

Amazon. Seems to be out of stock again, but they still have tough armor available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Vodafone are not allowed to lock them so unlocked.

Amazon. Seems to be out of stock again, but they still have tough armor available.

Sweet, I have one here on my PIXEl 2 and find it great!

dan786 wrote: »
    Vodafone are not allowed to lock them so unlocked.

Vodafone are allowed to lock them, but it will probably be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Had one in my basket earlier on the Google Store but when I went to pay it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Any recommendations on brand of screen protector?

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Any recommendations on brand of screen protector?

I went for LK, but there's very limited choice at this stage.

Vodafone are allowed to lock them, but it will probably be unlocked.

No they are not. That is one of the conditions that Google set for them when supplying to them and promise them exclusivity. That is why no other network stocks them.

No they are not. That is one of the conditions that Google set for them when supplying to them and promise them exclusivity. That is why no other network stocks them.

And what is your source for that?

The Pixel 2 was an sold exclusively in the UK with EE, and yet they were locked. (Source: I had one.)

• Advertisement

Just preordered through the Google Store. Delivery not until the 11th November though which is odd.

SachaJ wrote: »
    Just preordered through the Google Store. Delivery not until the 11th November though which is odd.

Yeah, I ordered a few days ago and my date is the same. I'm hoping it will move in to an earlier date, especially considering this guy in the UK already has one from Vodafone UK.

And what is your source for that?

The Pixel 2 was an sold exclusively in the UK with EE, and yet they were locked. (Source: I had one.)

All Pixel phones with Vodafone are unlocked. Not just here but also in the UK. This is one of the contract terms between Vodafone and Google. The could not offer exclusivity in UK for obvious reasons - much bigger market and more networks would have been a big loss for them. While in Ireland due to much smaller market it does not make a major difference.

As the Irish site is not up to date - here is a UK link to confirm the same that all Google phones from Vodafone are already unlocked - just select Google under other brands for confirmation.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc/

All Pixel phones with Vodafone are unlocked. Not just here but also in the UK. This is one of the contract terms between Vodafone and Google. The could not offer exclusivity in UK for obvious reasons - much bigger market and more networks would have been a big loss for them. While in Ireland due to much smaller market it does not make a major difference.

As the Irish site is not up to date - here is a UK link to confirm the same that all Google phones from Vodafone are already unlocked - just select Google under other brands for confirmation.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/unlocking-your-phone/how-do-I-use-my-nuc/

Again, what is your proof of this?

I already know, as a Vodafone Pixel owner, that Pixels so far have been unlocked on Vodafone, which is why I said that they would most likely be unlocked for this latest model. However, you have stated it as if it is a fact without providing any proof. Not only that, you have stated that "they are not allowed to lock them", and we don't even know if that's true for the previous Pixel phones or if they just decided themselves to not lock them like they've done with many of their other phones.

Again, what is your proof of this?

I already know, as a Vodafone Pixel owner, that Pixels so far have been unlocked on Vodafone, which is why I said that they would most likely be unlocked for this latest model. However, you have stated it as if it is a fact without providing any proof. Not only that, you have stated that "they are not allowed to lock them", and we don't even know if that's true for the previous Pixel phones or if they just decided themselves to not lock them like they've done with many of their other phones.

I dont have time for silly arguments, I answered a posters question and provided correct information. I have provided public known info available from Vodafone directly and it clearly states that all Google phones are already unlocked.

I do have a source but as its in not in the public domain I dont want to share it.

Again Vodafone are NOT allowed to lock any Google devices in UK or Ireland as per their contract with Google.

Goodnight.

I dont have time for silly arguments, I answered a posters question and provided correct information. I have provided public known info available from Vodafone UK directly and it clearly states that all Google phones so far are already unlocked, which has nothing to do with not being allowed to lock them but it's all I got.

I do have a source but as its in not in the public domain I dont want to share it.

Again Vodafone are NOT allowed to lock any Google devices in UK or Ireland as per their contract with Google.

Goodnight.

Absolute nonsense, and you know it. If you had a source you wouldn't have gone to so much effort looking for proof on Vodafone UK etc., you would have said it outright. What drivel.

Edit: Also, I fixed your post.

Absolute nonsense, and you know it. If you had a source you wouldn't have gone to so much effort looking for proof on Vodafone UK etc., you would have said it outright. What drivel.

You need some sleep. You are the one talking non sense. I stated that earlier today but you wanted proof so I got you that - I didnt go looking for it as I knew it already but you are the one that needed the proof. Stop being silly, its ok being wrong in life which you are in this case.

You can continue trolling... you wont get a response. Bye now.

You need some sleep. You are the one talking non sense. I stated that earlier today but you wanted proof so I got you that - I didnt go looking for it as I knew it already but you are the one that needed the proof. Stop being silly, its ok being wrong in life which you are in this case.

You can continue trolling... you wont get a response. Bye now.

I'm not wrong, you have no source. Either that, or your source wasn't much used to you before. :rolleyes:

Just admit you didn't know and don't fabricate things, Jesus. Or just stop posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

SachaJ wrote: »

How did you get one? I've been checking every few hours since the 1st yet they've been always been out of stock.

• Advertisement

Some black ones in stock now on the Google Store. I cancelled my pre-order for a black as there was a green one available.

Advertisement