Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crazy notices thatyou have personally come across

• 24-02-2018 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

I once had a packet of KP Peanuts that had the warning on it :

Caution: may contain nuts

jayus i hope so but what the hell is this may contain business?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Notice in car-boot sale hanging on a bag of used clubs:
    "Used in the last Rideher Cup"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Rubecula wrote:
    I once had a packet of KP Peanuts that had the warning on it :

Rubecula wrote:
    Caution: may contain nuts

This is the same for most nut products. Tesco put it on everything including their cashew nuts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

also microwave meals have warnings on them saying. Open other way up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Every cup of coffee I sell at my job: Contents are hot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

[ Blank Page ]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,907 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Once bought a pair of shoes that was packaged in a box which was ornamented with an antiquey-looking print of an old marine chart of, as it happened, part of the coast of Maine. On the bottom of the box was printed a warning that the chart was not accurate or up-to-date, and the box was not suitable for use as a navigational aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,907 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

And then, of course, there's the famous label from the Sainsbury's British Chicken Triple sandwich, which ran something like this:
    British chicken and sweetcorn with mayonnaise on malted bread.
    British chicken and with sage and onion stuffing and mayonnaise on white bread.
    British chicken and mayonnaise on malted bread.

Made in Britain using British pork.

(The stuffing, it turns out, contains not only sage and onions, but also pork.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Peregrinus wrote: »
    And then, of course, there's the famous label from the Sainsbury's British Chicken Triple sandwich, which ran something like this:
    British chicken and sweetcorn with mayonnaise on malted bread.
    British chicken and with sage and onion stuffing and mayonnaise on white bread.
    British chicken and mayonnaise on malted bread.

Made in Britain using British pork.

(The stuffing, it turns out, contains not only sage and onions, but also pork.)

An interesting thing I found out lately is that the oven ready chicken you buy in the shops in the plastic tray with clingfilm on are injected with pork fat and pork juice in the abattoir to flavor the chicken.its no wonder people are getting sick every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"stand closer , its not as long as you think it is"

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Apparently some guns the US army are given have instructions on them saying "aim at the enemy".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

ef4d2244d732872e49a1238cc2119bdb.jpg

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Very old one from a market stall..

WILL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOT LEAN AGAINST THE BACON SLICER? WE ARE GETTING A LITTLE BEHIND WITH OUR ORDERS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Graces7 wrote: »
    Very old one from a market stall..

WILL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOT LEAN AGAINST THE BACON SLICER? WE ARE GETTING A LITTLE BEHIND WITH OUR ORDERS

so funny

Rubecula wrote: »
    so funny

Good Lancashire humour! Song of my childhood,,,

" Do not cross this field unless you can do it NINE SECONDS. because the bull can do it in TENi"

The first time i saw this I had to stop the car for laughing.. Seen it several times now..:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Graces7 wrote: »
    " Do not cross this field unless you can do it NINE SECONDS. because the bull can do it in TENi"

The first time i saw this I had to stop the car for laughing.. Seen it several times now..:D

That some good advice

Advertisement