Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin City Development Plan 2011-2017: Public Consultation

• 11-01-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Dublin City Council is currently preparing a new City Development Plan. This process will end with the publication of the Dublin City Development Plan, 2011-2017.

The draft Plan is now completed and public consultation is taking place until March 12th, 2010. During this period we are inviting discussion and comments on all aspects of the Plan.

To help explain the Plan, the City Council has set up an information website at www.dublincitydevelopmentplan.ie.

The site contains text summaries, explanatory videos and an interactive map of Dublin in 2017. It also contains downloads of the Plan and an online form where you can send a formal written submission to Dublin City Council. The specific issues raised in these submissions will be considered and reported on by the City Council as part of the ratification of the Plan.

We've signed up with boards.ie to facilitate conversation about the Plan. As the authority behind the process, we cannot engage in active debate but will clarify relevant points. Your opinion matters to us and we'd like to hear your views.

Please note that the forum is an informal facility. To make a formal submission, you must go through one of the designated channels such as the website, email or a hard copy submission. Full submission details are available on www.dublincitydevelopmentplan.ie.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Its great to see DCC embracing new technology and communicating directly with the public. I wish more government departments would do this. Best of luck

BTW Most of the links on that site dont work

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

irishguy wrote: »
    Its great to see DCC embracing new technology and communicating directly with the public. I wish more government departments would do this. Best of luck

BTW Most of the links on that site dont work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

kceire wrote: »
    Hi Irishguy, what links do not work?

I will pass it on to the relevant Department when i go into work in the morning.

The links for

"Download the Draft Dublin City Development Plan, 2011-2017"

"Download the Public Notice"

I am getting a 404 error (File not found)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The links in the middle of the page, "Download the draft DCC Development Plan..." and "Download pubic notice" don't work.

Too late. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DCC Planning Secretariat

Hi everyone,

We have been doing some work on the web server this evening, ahead of launching the expanded version of the website tomorrow. As part of that process some downloadable files became temporarily unavailable. Apologies for the inconvenience of this. The files have been restored and the links should be accessible now.

Regards,
    Development Plan Team

Hi everyone,

We have been doing some work on the web server this evening, ahead of launching the expanded version of the website tomorrow. As part of that process some downloadable files became temporarily unavailable. Apologies for the inconvenience of this. The files have been restored and the links should be accessible now.

Regards,
    Development Plan Team

http://dublincitydevelopmentplan.ie/downloads.php

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why are there different versions of the documents between the two sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I think that there is an inherent contradiction between the ACAs and the stated policy on retail unit amalgamation etc. If you look at the dreadful revised drawings for Dublin Central as demanded by ABP because of DCC's ACA for O'Connell street, we are basically losing any public benefits in terms of the park etc and getting another bland nothing scheme. The ACAs also need to be implemented in terms of signage, clutter and various other transgressions. Grafton Street is embarrassing as is O'Connell Street. There's no point in setting up these standards if they're merely aspirational and DCC won't implement them. As part of that a stricter definition of family restaurant should be introduced. Supermac's isn't under any circumstances a family restaurant and yet it was allowed open in the ACA because it called itself that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Posted on the Shels forum and has all the backing it needs from Shels supports.:D
    NO NEW lands will be rezoned for housing in Dublin city until after 2017, under the new draft city development plan which has been released for public consultation.

Assistant city manager Michael Stubbs said there was already sufficient residentially zoned land to meet demand and that some land which had been zoned residential under the last development plan would be rezoned for other uses.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0113/1224262210911.html

Tolka Park retains it's Z9 (Recreational) zoning in the new Development Plan 2011 to 2017.

http://www.dublincitydevelopmentplan.ie/pdf/Map_E.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I'd like a city with better facilities for the disabled.

I'd like your website to have better text contrast so that I don't have to strain to read it. I'm colourblind like around 5% of your audience. Ideally, the website should be much more accessible but that will be very difficult for the blind if you use poor navigation, pdf's and so much video without transcripts. I'm surprised that as a public body, you're not obliged to do this by default, policy or law.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'd like when you inform residents that you intend making changes to their area like closing off rights of way that you make the plans and maps available for viewing in the recently built multi million civic centre that's in that area as opposed to a civic centre that is in the next town over. Or better still actually send residents a map of changes instead of obfuscating.

I'd also like it explained to me, and maybe I'm a bit thick, how DCC can expect to have any credibility in enforcing planning permission/building/noise pollution laws etc when it's also a massive property developer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Also, Fingal put up the submissions made in relation to the development plan on their website and I think you should too. Links to the pdfs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Rob Mc

Its about time Dublin had some sort of a long term plan, good on ye!

The high-rise plan is also welcomed and badly needed in my opinion.

Whether it’s for reasons of health or economy, there’s a growing interest in locally-produced food in the capital. More and more Dubliners are asking the Council for allotments to grow their own food. The draft plan supports the development of allotments, particularly on vacant sites of the city.

The popularity of the city's many farmer's markets also reflect people's ongoing desire for fresh, local produce.

What else would you like to see in the plan to encourage people to grow their own food? Are there any measures or ideas you’d suggest to support the growth and sale of locally-produced food in Dublin's markets? Is this an important issue for you?

Discuss the subject on this forum, or click here to go to the submission form and comment directly to Dublin City Council on the subject.

The closing date for receipt of submissions on the Draft Development Plan was last Friday, March 12th. We’d like to thank everyone who got involved in the discussion and especially those who posted replies or made submissions about the plan.

The next step is the preparation of a report on the submissions/observations received. This will be submitted to members of the City Council who will consider it until mid-August 2010. Any material amendments agreed to the Draft Plan will then be put on public display for four weeks. It is envisaged that this display will take place during September.

We’ll post notification of the dates closer to the time. In the meantime, keep an eye on www.dublincitydevelopmentplan.ie and www.dublincity.ie for updates on what’s happening.

Regards,
    The Development Plan Team

Advertisement