Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin City Council

• 06-10-2018 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Have complained to DCC about their tenants and their noise and its excuse after excuse.

They wont do anything.

Im looking for advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Luis21 wrote: »
    Have complained to DCC about their tenants and their noise and its excuse after excuse.

They wont do anything.

Im looking for advice please
    I am afraid from experience only legal action will do. Start to collect evidence (videos and recordings) all complaints should be written and look for a solicitor. Next step is District Court. They will spend taxpayers money to defend the indefensible. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

GGTrek wrote: »
    I am afraid from experience only legal action will do. Start to collect evidence (videos and recordings) all complaints should be written and look for a solicitor. Next step is District Court. They will spend taxpayers money to defend the indefensible. Best of luck.

did it work?

Just talked to Free Legal Aid (FLAC) and they told me "Oh DCC are awful to deal with"

Seriously wtf is wrong with this country ?

did it work?

Just talked to Free Legal Aid (FLAC) and they told me "Oh DCC are awful to deal with"

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Luis21 wrote: »
    GGTrek wrote: »
    I am afraid from experience only legal action will do. Start to collect evidence  (videos and recordings) all complaints should be written and look for a solicitor.  Next step is District Court. They will spend taxpayers money to defend the indefensible. Best of luck.

did it work?

It worked for me when my solicitor wrote to an overzelous DCC Environment Health Officer by theatening legal action on what were very obviously unlawful requests from the EHO. She just closed the case and f..k off to bother someone else. In your case unfortunately I believe you will have to go all the way.
    I found both DCC planning department and their EHO department a nightmare to deal with.
    The only department of DCC I found that is very efficient and customer focused is Waste Management Services, which I had to contact a few times due to illegal dumping near one of my properties (they were quite fast and did great jobs).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

MOVE if you can, we live in a total banana republic, tentants can do what they want, make as much noise as they want and the ones that do it are such ignorant $%£$%£$%$ good luck getting them to change! I am moving due to noise, same situation as every bloody apartment I have been in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Make a third party complaint to the rtb if it's council tenants in a private rental.

Looked at moving. Need 60k in savings. How can I do that with a boom mortgage ? Cheers Bertie.
    Appears the (legally binding apparently) tenants handbook is a load of bollocks. They can do what they like.

PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT IF YOU HAVE DCC TENANTS NEXT DOOR THEN YOU ARE ****ED.

Please share.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Caranica wrote: »
    Make a third party complaint to the rtb if it's council tenants in a private rental.

+100%

Third party complaint to the RTB is the way to go on this.
    I don't understand why so few people go down this route- they have whole processes setup to support even third parties who are forced to live through the mayhem that some people think is acceptable behaviour. The local authority are liable as the landlord- whether they like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You basically need to go on a bit of a crusade. I'd drop the attitude that all council tenants are the same though. I completely agree with the third party complaint if that's possible with council tenants, but alternatively complain to the council every time it happens, if that's daily do it daily, in writing. If drugs are involved complain to the guards, again do it in writing. Get on to your local councilors, TD and Minister for Housing. Eventually someone will get sick of pushing the paper around. Expect it to take months if not longer.

If there is a dog involved (there usually is) you can make a complaint directly to the District Court.

• Advertisement
Advertisement