Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins Naas Feeder Bus

• 17-01-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I'd find information about this? Irish Rail's information page for the station makes no mention of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Darn, not much good to me, need to be in Naas for 8pm and return around 10pm.

n97 mini wrote: »

Luas to Red Cow and Dublin Coach to Naas?

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Luas to Red Cow and Dublin Coach to Naas?

Travelling from Hazelhatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

n97 mini wrote:

The only decent way I can think of sadly is bus eireann or JJ kavanagh from heuston

• Advertisement

Travelling from Hazelhatch.

Depending on where you are going in Naas, you could walk on your outbound stretch and take a taxi back to Sallins station?

Lawlor's Hotel. I think I'll just drive. The idea of a 10 minute train journey was appealing!

Lawlor's Hotel. I think I'll just drive. The idea of a 10 minute train journey was appealing!

You'll be quicker driving. Since the train service began, the feeder bus hasn't changed apart from the bus getting smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Probably be cheaper driving too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

There is a townlink service operated by JJ Kavanaghs between Clane and Naas that stops in Sallins outside the "Arrow" station.

http://jjkavanagh.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Route-Naas-Sallins-Clane.pdf

Might not be any use as the first bus gets into Naas post office at 8.04am but it is often faster or slower than the timetable.

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    There is a townlink service operated by JJ Kavanaghs between Clane and Naas that stops in Sallins outside the "Arrow" station.

http://jjkavanagh.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Route-Naas-Sallins-Clane.pdf

Might not be any use as the first bus gets into Naas post office at 8.04am but it is often faster or slower than the timetable.

OP was looking at the pm not am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Onboarding

Hi all,
    I checked the feeder bus timetable (16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf) to find out the time each arrives at the Sallins&Naas rail station, but it is a bit tricky to understand.
    I live near the Monread Park and I know the feeder bus passes on that middle (unnamed road on Google Maps) linking Morell area.
    Anyone knows around what time I could get on the feeder bus at this "unnamed road" in time to arrive at the station by 7am every workday?
    Thanks a lot!

PS. By the way, anyone knows that road name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

the bus goes through about 6:30am , train leaves for Dublin at 6:50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Onboarding wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I checked the feeder bus timetable (16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf) to find out the time each arrives at the Sallins&Naas rail station, but it is a bit tricky to understand.
    I live near the Monread Park and I know the feeder bus passes on that middle (unnamed road on Google Maps) linking Morell area.
    Anyone knows around what time I could get on the feeder bus at this "unnamed road" in time to arrive at the station by 7am every workday?
    Thanks a lot!

PS. By the way, anyone knows that road name?

Last time I checked the feeder buses for Sallins and Hazelhatch weren’t on the NTA timetable. Any reason why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Onboarding

Thanks @thelawman!

@Lord Glentoran I found this table at the Irish Rail site.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

Hi, so what time do you get the bus now in the mornings to the train station in the park area, ive just moved to this area and need to get to the train station in the mornings.

Advertisement