Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free £5 Amazon Credit For Setting Visa Card as Default Payment

• 30-11-2020 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

As the title says,

A free £5 Amazon credit will be applied to your account when you set a visa debit/credit card as your default payment.

I already had a visa card as a default payment on my account, but that didn't prevent me from claiming the offer. I simply just clicked the card that was already on my account and the £5 was credited straight away.

It'll be a case of some accounts are eligible and some aren't, so just click the link to see if you're one of the lucky ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/adlp/visa_1click?pi=5bfeb9fd-5248-4926-beb9-fd52486926e3

Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Fix the link please...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OPs link is likely a unique GUID just for him.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/cpe/yourpayments/settings

Thats the menu but I haven't managed to get the fiver.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/adlp/visa_1click? That loads but I'm ineligible.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I was able to get the £5. I mainly use my Curve Mastercard on Amazon but I have a Revolut Visa on my account too. I just switched my Revolut visa card to my preferred Card on my account and it added the £5 credit. You also then have to purchase whatever is in your basket with the visa card to have the £5 discount applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

I have a visa card registered but it's an old account which I no longer use,
    I now have a credit union current account which is MasterCard probably not eligible for the offer,

Amazon is fantastic though; it has really served me extremely well in preparation for Christmas this year,
    I'll be shopping on Amazon Germany or France from January onwards to avoid customs import taxes on UK deliveries.

The same great website, just need to use Google translate to navigate it a bit, and avoids the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

LenWoods wrote: »
    I now have a credit union current account which is MasterCard probably not eligible for the offer,

Amazon is fantastic though; it has really served me extremely well in preparation for Christmas this year,
    I'll be shopping on Amazon Germany or France from January onwards to avoid customs import taxes on UK deliveries.

The same great website, just need to use Google translate to navigate it a bit, and avoids the UK.

Top Tip for Amazon Germany, click the flag to the right of the search box to have amazon.de in English.

• Advertisement

Top Tip for Amazon Germany, click the flag to the right of the search box to have amazon.de in English.

Vielen Dank

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

If you are buying electrical equipment on Amazon Germany how do you ensure that you are getting items with UK/Irl plugs and not ones that are made for the continent.

TinCanMan wrote: »
    If you are buying electrical equipment on Amazon Germany how do you ensure that you are getting items with UK/Irl plugs and not ones that are made for the continent.

Good point,
    Most small devices are usb port these days, personally I shop elsewhere for any large electrical items

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

ED E wrote: »
    OPs link is likely a unique GUID just for him.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/cpe/yourpayments/settings

Thats the menu but I haven't managed to get the fiver.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/adlp/visa_1click? That loads but I'm ineligible.

It is not unique to me.

I've had some family members and friends avail of the offer this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭alanbk

Didn’t work for me ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Not working for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Saw this too but ineligible, think same offer was on earlier in year so probably won't let you double dip!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Not working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

me neither 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Not working for me either, I'm ineligible apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Worked for me yesterday but not via the link above. If I click on the link it says ineligible..

In the Amazon app there was a banner with the advert. Via that I could change the card to a Visa. The £5 is available as a discount on items sold by Amazon only.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,687 ✭✭✭✭unkel

not working for me. Not eligible

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DontBanMe

I'm not eligible either, pity, I like free money!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

Can the uk prime membership be used on the de. Or can it be transferred in the new year

stevegrace wrote: »
    Can the uk prime membership be used on the de. Or can it be transferred in the new year

I thought one your a prime member it works on all Amazon sites as you still log in with your same account details; I could be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

I thought one your a prime member it works on all Amazon sites as you still log in with your same account details; I could be wrong though

When I logged in none of my saved items were there and all the items have a delivery charge

Advertisement