Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor 2

• 18-01-2021 8:29pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭

NINTCHDBPICT000621081072.jpg?strip=all&w=960

PPV Card 3am Irish Time
    Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor
    Dan Hooker vs. Michael Chandler
    Jessica Eye vs. Joanne Calderwood
    Matt Frevola vs. Ottman Azaitar
    Marina Rodriguez vs. Amanda Ribas

Preliminary card 1am Irish Time
    Nasrat Haqparast vs. Arman Tsarukyan
    Brad Tavares vs. Antônio Carlos Júnior
    Julianna Peña vs. Sara McMann
    Khalil Rountree Jr. vs. Marcin Prachnio

Early preliminary card (ESPN+ / UFC Fight Pass) 11.15pm
    Andrew Sanchez vs. Makhmud Muradov
    Movsar Evloev vs. Nik Lentz
    Amir Albazi vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov

Who will win Poirier vs McGregor 231 votes

Poirier by KO/TKO
    0%
    Poirier by Sub
    11%
    SickBoyKeyzerwalshbIompairPac1ManscudzillarobertpattersonTockmansmilerfneilthefunkeoneJJayoopfurey101Paul_Mc1988Wrongway1985lertsnimAnswerIs42hahashakewhodafunk[Deleted User]Bullocks 26 votes
    Poirier on Pts
    9%
    evil_seedheebusjeebusSuperSean11phily2002apope8eurokevGOOSEPAUL[Deleted User]rednogginBrussels SproutEffectsMoodeRatorclsmoothJude13JoeCole26burIBrows89Thelonious MonkLallers96Pinoy adventure 22 votes
    McGregor by KO/TKO
    2%
    dubrovpc7tvc15mahoney_jgrape86Busman Paddy Lasty 6 votes
    McGregor by Sub
    75%
    LoGiEScreaming MonkeyIggieSteMCyrusBig Earsbeansjoe316mcgovernJacksonHeightsOwnbad2dabonechopperbyrneslavetothegrindsouthcichlid childalanc2003MorporkbogwalrusChrisMAndrew76 174 votes
    McGregor on Pts
    1%
    Mellorgar32Johnthemanager 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor by Sub
    What time will Mcgregor fight?

McGregor vs. Poirier II is due to take place at approximately 5am on January 24.

How to watch UFC 257 in Ireland
    The main card of UFC 257 will be exclusively broadcast by BT Sport Box Office.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor by Sub
    This thread is for discussion of the event UFC 257...any other unrelated stuff take it elsewhere, any nonsense will not be tolerated so don't even go there unless you want a long break..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

McGregor by Sub
    Axwell wrote: »
    This thread is for discussion of the event UFC 257...any other unrelated stuff take it elsewhere, any nonsense will not be tolerated so don't even go there unless you want a long break..

You'll do nothing.

Really looking forward to this event, its a different battle at 155 imo and Dustin is far better than he was bit then again so is Conor. Buzzing for it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

McGregor by Sub
    McGregor's a year older than Dustin.

In the picture, Conor looks about 10 years older. All that Proper Twelve and...... other stuff.... obviously not good for the skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,496 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Poirier by Sub
    Going for the shock here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

McGregor by Sub
    Poirier will never be top dog. He'll dance with the best but he'll never be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

McGregor by Sub
    Is Khabib's cousin no longer fighting on the undercard? Thought Khabib was supposed to watch from the crowd.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dustin is a great fighter but I can't see anything but an early night for McGregor.

McGregor by Sub
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    Is Khabib's cousin no longer fighting on the undercard? Thought Khabib was supposed to watch from the crowd.

Khabib's cousin is fighting on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

:)
    GiftofGab wrote: »

AFAIK they took him off card to avoid any incidents and put him on Wednesdays card. Not sure if khabib going to be at conors card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,925 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor on Pts
    dave1982 wrote: »
    :)

AFAIK they took him off card to avoid any incidents and put him on Wednesdays card. Not sure if khabib going to be at conors card

I think he said he was leaving after the Wedsnesday event. Plans could change though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub
    I wonder how much it would **** with Dustin's head, if when right at the referee's instruction face off, seconds before the fight, Conor done the exact same smirk and 'come and get it' finger wave that he done first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

McGregor by Sub
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    I wonder how much it would **** with Dustin's head, if when right at the referee's instruction face off, seconds before the fight, Conor done the exact same smirk and 'come and get it' finger wave that he done first time round.

id say it would have a grand total of zero impact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub
    akelly02 wrote: »
    id say it would have a grand total of zero impact

Everything has an impact.

McGregor by Sub
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Everything has an impact.

maybe porier should do it to mcgregor, to you know, shake him up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

maybe porier should do it to mcgregor, to you know, shake him up a bit

The point he's making is that it would be a reminder of the last fight and how that went.

Maybe it has no impact...maybe it has some.

Poirier doing it would have zero impact.

McGregor by Sub
    The point he's making is that it would be a reminder of the last fight and how that went.

Maybe it has no impact...maybe it has some.

Poirier doing it would have zero impact.

in the words of whelo79 everything has an impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm Ron Burgundy? :pac:

I don't necessarily agree it definitely does or definitely doesn't. It might.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,925 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor on Pts

Poirer doing it probably give McGregor a boost.
    Everything has an impact ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,438 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

That's some set up in the hotel room, sauna and all.

Poirier by Sub
    I could be wrong, but their first fight is a distant memory as any barometer here...and Dustin seemed to cave very easily in fight 1....caught in an awkward place, maybe...the shots that did him in seemed to glance....

Both similar sized.....Conor is NOT the same fighter he was a few years ago. He is slower, not as sharp....older, and likely has not lived a real clean athlete's life these past few years.

Dustin seems a stronger and more mature and robust fighter compared to years ago.

Interesting match, where a Dustin win should no way be a shock

McGregor by Sub
    walshb wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but there first fight is a distant memory as any barometer here...and Dustin seemed to cave very easily in fight 1....caught in an awkward place, maybe...the shots that did him in seemed to glance....

Both similar sized.....Conor is NOT the same fighter he was a few years ago. He is slower, not as sharp....older, and likely has not lived a real clean athlete's life these past few years.

Dustin seems a stronger and more mature and robust fighter compared to years ago.

Interesting match, where a Dustin win should no way be a shock

You didnt need to copy and paste into both threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

How can anyone say if he's the same fighter anymore or not?

We haven't seen him in a year when he ran through Cowboy and he seems to have done nothing but train since.

He's at the age now too were he should be at physical peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭505_

McGregor by Sub
    Would love to see a proper fight but hard to see past McGregor finishing it early. The UFC YouTube productions do a good job of making it seem as if it'll be closer this time around but that's their purpose i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Just checked and the card will not be on BT Sports as usual, the prelims will be on it but that’s it.

It’s €30 through Sky website, bit saucy as I’m only really interested in the co-main and main event.

Don’t like to stream anymore as it always cuts out multiple times and typically during the main event.

I know it’s McGregor and I haven’t missed any of his fights, seen him live at the Dublin event but still don’t know of I will get it.

Listening to McG with Helwani he seems less intense, more relaxed, don’t know if it’s a good sign.
    The first time they fought it was at 145, I wonder if DP will be able to better take McG’s shots with the extra weight.

Poirier by Sub
    You didnt need to copy and paste into both threads

Ok.

Thanks for the heads up....

McGregor by Sub
    walshb wrote: »
    Ok.

Thanks for the heads up....

You're welcome hun x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭wally79

Axwell wrote: »
    What time will Mcgregor fight?

McGregor vs. Poirier II is due to take place at approximately 5am on January 24.

How to watch UFC 257 in Ireland
    The main card of UFC 257 will be exclusively broadcast by BT Sport Box Office.

So is the fight going to be at 9am local time or have I got my maths wrong.

I know they want to suit US tv but 9am just seems weird

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    wally79 wrote: »
    So is the fight going to be at 9am local time or have I got my maths wrong.

I know they want to suit US tv but 9am just seems weird

They've been operating on 'US Time' over there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement