Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 255

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

mailburner wrote:
    jesus christ 30-27

That was ridiculous. I couldn't really argue with 29-28 either way but 30-27 was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That round should never have happened.

Yes... He was clearly circling when on the stool. Coach should have stopped it.

Buckley is just a beast.
    You can tell that Wright is decent and can still have a good career but Buckley is just unstoppable at the minute.
    It'll get to the stage soon that ranked fighters will try and avoid him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

eagle eye wrote: »
    Buckley is just a beast.
    You can tell that Wright is decent and can still have a good career but Buckley is just unstoppable at the minute.
    It'll get to the stage soon that ranked fighters will try and avoid him.

He has so much power. Very dangerous fighter to go up against.

• Advertisement

Brilliant show from Moreno, so smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Prelims have been great, lets hope the main card follows suit.

Am I missing something here? Craig is 8/15 to win and 13/5 to win via submission. All his victories are subs.. Seems like value?

EDIT: I know they drew last time, but if we're thinking he'll win the sub is extra juice

War Shogun!

Posted this in the wrong thread..

Am I missing something here? Craig is 8/15 to win and 13/5 to win via submission. All his victories are subs.. Seems like value?

I know they drew last time, but if we're thinking he'll win the sub is extra juice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Is Shevshenko the biggest favorite in UFC title fight history? I can't think of any other title fight so 1 sided,.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Still Ill wrote: »

EDIT: I know they drew last time, but if we're thinking he'll win the sub is extra juice

could win on points though, 7 years since shogun was subbed

Posted this in the wrong thread..

I know they drew last time, but if we're thinking he'll win the sub is extra juice

Ah, so that's how I lose!

I wish shogun would retire, still has power but so slow besides and will probably fight until he's cut and then fight elsewhere sadly

first ufc tko win for craig

Sad to watch. Hopefully Shogun retires.

Ah, so that's how I lose!
    He tapped to the strikes so it is a submission win

mailburner wrote: »
    first ufc tko win for craig

Just glad I was here to witness it and back the submission

Podge2k7 wrote: »

Boylesports unfortunately doesn't see it that way.. I didn't see a tap there.

Boylesports unfortunately doesn't see it that way.. I didn't see a tap there.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1330353949916934155

He definitely tapped. I see some are saying its a tko victory and others a sub. I thought him tapping made it a sub. I remember I had Rockhold backed via tko over Branch when they fought and Branch tapped to strikes and it went down as a submission victory and my bet didnt come through

Oh, you better believe I'm onto Boyles support about this! Thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,010 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It should be TKO imo. At this point it’s well established what submission means chokes and joint locks.

If tapping to strikes makes it a submission, then not tapping to a choke should not be a submission. Which is silly to me.

Mellor wrote: »
    It should be TKO imo. At this point it’s well established what submission means chokes and joint locks.

If tapping to strikes makes it a submission, then not tapping to a choke should not be a submission. Which is silly to me.
    I fully agree with ya, im just going off how paddy power treated tapping to strikes in the past.

I fully agree with ya, im just going off how paddy power treated tapping to strikes in the past.

Yeah of course. They’ll interpret it however they feel like unfortunately. Consistency or something in the T&Cs would be good.

Well Tim Means got a 30-27 off one judge. Getting very fed up of these ridiculous calls.
    Means clearly won rounds 2 and 3 but he clearly list round 1.

Shevchenkp could struggle in the Championship rounds.

Why did I doubt Shevchenkp? She is unbelievable. She lost the second round in this but she dominated the other four. Maia deserves credit for what she did in the second round but like everybody else she is miles behind the champ.

Her timing on counters is amazing to wat h on replays.

Very impressive from Figueiredo.

The scissor takedown was nice. But the guillotine was highlight for me.

It's a shame that fight didn't go on a bit longer, Perez was looking good.

Figueirido seems to have it all, not a big enough name to get triple C out
    of retirement though, will probably ko Cody if they meet too

• Advertisement

figueirido v moreno already confirmed for dec 12

I don't remember a title fight put together the day after both have fought

Advertisement