Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 252 Event Thread

• 16-08-2020 5:16am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just me and you Axwell? :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nah others commenting in the Fight night thread who couldnt be bothered taking the 2 seconds it takes to make a thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Stipe KO 3rd rd

Decent enough card so far.

Gilbert Melendez very impressive earlier v Felice Herrig!

Stipe looks so lean here. Looks in great shape!

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1294850701034627073?s=19Jon Jones already winding up DC on twitter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Any fight companion from Rogan tonight?

s1ippy wrote: »
    Any fight companion from Rogan tonight?

Rogan is commentating at ringside

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Rogan is commentating at ringside
    *volume up...*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Some fight. DC was lucky to last last around.

Any word on O’Malley, was he injured?

• Advertisement

Stretchered off, not sure

Just realised Cutelaba tested positive for covid, sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jesus how did Goddard miss that eye poke?! Absolutely brutal and look what way it's left his eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

joeguevara wrote: »
    Some fight. DC was lucky to last last around.

Any word on O’Malley, was he injured?

Leg injury. Cause unknown yet. Showed him rolling his foot, but possibly injury done by a kick.

I've it even going into the last. DC 1 & 2. Stipe 2 & 3.
    Money on DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DC needs a ko to win imo.

How are people scoring this?

Stipe won it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

48-47 Stipe, possibly 49-46

523097.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

joeguevara wrote:
    How are people scoring this?

You could give DC two rounds, so likely 48-47 to Stipe. Could be be 49-46.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That eyepoke at end of the third round was disgusting

Stipe never really in trouble.

There was a lot of "clinch" time there where Stipe was looking to do nothing. No advancement, no inside boxing, just leaning which I think should be given 20-30 secs before being broken up IMO

ShaneU wrote: »
    That eyepoke at end of the third round was disgusting

Was I the only one who noticed DC's eye was f*cked up before this? After the punches at the end of Round 2?

The eye poke was brutal! But I think he was compromised already.

I don't know why DC is giving out so much about the poke. Clear poke but he wouldn't have been happy to have the fight ended by doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

The cameras went to DC corner every time after a round, UFC definitely wanted a DC finish. Miocic doesn't get the credit he deserves at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Great fight and end to the trilogy. I'd have to watch it back again but I had stipe winning all five rds. 1st was close but that's the only one I'd give DC, and I'm wearing a DC t shirt right now so I'm in no way biased!

Carroller wrote: »
    I don't know why DC is giving out so much about the poke. Clear poke but he wouldn't have been happy to have the fight ended by doctor

If it was ended would he have won or would it be a NC.

Stipe eating some good boxes but bossed the fight. For me DC won the first round but that was it. At the end of the second, he clenched hard and climbed for the bell.

I was thinking it would be much more exciting as a three rounder. A lot of 4th and 5th they were clenched up against the barrier.

Very enjoyable card. Shocked O’Malley lost but hopefully learn and come back stronger. Really like him, but he may have been believing the hype. Never like flashiness like rainbow hair etc.

The arm bar in the women’s fight was class. She really showed her bjj expertise. Dana really getting amazing matchups. The talent pool is class. So much more than boxing.

joeguevara wrote: »
    If it was ended would he have won or would it be a NC.

Not sure about this. Ref clearly said "you are punched" so I'd imagine the ref would have called it a TKO

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭vafankillar

that eye poke was disgusting and ****ed up a bit of his performance as he was getting back into it, but he was basically out only for that bell so his luck sort of canceled itself out.

I think the main decider was how much of a punch stipe could take. thought that was pretty clear after surviving such big punches from nganou

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Not sure about this. Ref clearly said "you are punched" so I'd imagine the ref would have called it a TKO

Just looked it up. If it’s intentional, and fighter can’t continue the fighter will lose by disqualification.

If an eye gouge occurs occurs as a result of a legal punch, it isn’t a foul. Unless the ref sees it as a separate movement.

Advertisement