Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dry next week?

• 15-12-2011 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

With the weather getting milder next week, what are our chances of rain. (Area laois, Tip) Should it be dry. I dont mind the odd shower. Looking at met website, it is showing heavy rain on Monday?

Whats your thoughts? I need four dry days before xmas. Do I go out tomorrow (friday) or gamble on next week.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

B1gft wrote: »
    With the weather getting milder next week, what are our chances of rain. (Area laois, Tip) Should it be dry. I dont mind the odd shower. Looking at met website, it is showing heavy rain on Monday?

Whats your thoughts? I need four dry days before xmas. Do I go out tomorrow (friday) or gamble on next week.

Thanks
    plenty of fog

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Dont mind fog, its rain I do not want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It's all in MT's daily forecast.
    MONDAY ... Cloudy, chance of showers, turning milder especially in west, highs to 10 C there, 6-9 C east.

OUTLOOK ... Very mild mid-week, dry for most, some light rain could affect far north, in a moderate WSW flow, highs 11-13 C up to about Christmas Eve, possibly becoming windy and showery around Christmas Day, the pattern may become considerably colder in stages after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Su Campu wrote: »
    It's all in MT's daily forecast.
    the pattern may become considerably colder in stages after that.
    made my day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Any substantial change in this outlook in the latest forecasts? The heatwave thread has turned into a discussion on the definition of heatwave... is three successive days of next week being mild (Above 9-10c) and relatively dry (no heavy or prolonged rain) still on the cards? If you had to call it would it be tue wed thu or wed thu fri (talking Dublin here btw)?
    Or am I asking for too much?
    I'm seeing azores high mentioned...would this mean that night frosts would be less severe than normal?
    Thanks in advance...work depending on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Any reason you have not mentioned monday, Wertz, I am hoping that it is a dry day plus tuesday and wensday. Do you know something about monday, i dont. I know met is showing rain, but if you read mt posts he says chances of showers. (Showers to me mean, short bursts of rain) so should be mostly dry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Long range outlook from RTÉ last night mentioned possible rain monday... if this mild spell comes off, there will inevitably be some sort of rainfall as one airmass changes to another; moday may be that day.
    If monday is good then I'm happy...I'm just trying to give a client a day or days when I'm defintely going to be there and organise hire of equipment I need.

Advertisement