Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

John Wick: Chapter Two

Tiny House Nation season 2

added today

60 Days In season 1
    To root out corruption and crime inside Indiana's Clark County Jail, Sheriff Jamey Noel recruits civilians to infiltrate the prison undercover.

London Fields
    A clairvoyant temptress seeks to identify her future murderer, while also tending to the flock of her ever-growing admirers.

Mo Gilligan: Momentum
    Comedian Mo Gilligan blends smooth moves and sharp humor as he riffs on humble beginnings, family dynamics and the complex art of dancing in the club.

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women
    A respected Harvard psychologist conceals a secret double life as one-third of a polyamorous relationship -- and the creator of "Wonder Woman."

Realms
    After a botched heist in Bangkok, two American bank robbers and their three hostages take shelter in an isolated mansion occupied by a sinister force.

This Is Personal (cue the right wing snowflakes)
    This documentary explores how activists mobilized millions to participate in the Women's March following the 2016 inauguration of President Trump.

Trico Tri: Happy Halloween
    Two teenage ghosts have spooked off would-be residents from their house for years. A charming new family may just change their minds.

added today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Watched In the Shadow of the Moon on Saturday.

Overall pretty good, the spooling of info over the years of the mystery of who the girl is was well done.
    Felt the ending wasn't as good as it was. The voice-over with the bombing fading out was okay but felt rushed. As for the sudden revelation of who she is, and the knowledge that he had killed/ would kill her... It was a bit too neat. The idea that he would see the moment of her death each and ever time he held her as a baby seems likely, and for someone that broken at that stage, I can't see a happy outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Watched the first outing of The Politician. Definitely aimed at a very specific demographic. All high school and the usual nefarious skullduggery and angst that goes with that but absolutely no politics on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Avatar: The Legend of Aang, The Last Airbender has been put back on Netflix. If you have young uns this is a great series for them . If you don't. It's a great guilty pleasure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

2 episodes into criminal and think its good. Are the other country ones any good?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The NeverEnding Story

Ghostbusters 2

Star Trek (2009)

He's Just Not That Into You (2009)

Sniper: Legacy (2014)

Nikki Glaser: Bangin’
    Nikki Glaser bares all in a blistering stand-up special about sex, sobriety and getting over her own insecurities. And she won't spare you the details.

Did You Hear About the Morgans?

Fruitvale Station

Enough (2002)

The Water Horse (2007)

Sex and The City: The Movie

The Big Bang Theory: Season 12

Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid

Fruitvale Station
    A.M.I.
    After losing her mother, a teenage girl bonds with her phone's artificial intelligence app, a relationship that soon takes a dark and violent turn.

Lockout (2012)
    A government agent wrongly accused of a crime gets a shot at freedom if he can engineer a high-risk rescue mission to outer space..

The Mystery of Michelle
    When Michelle moves to the suburbs with her fiancé, she's befriended by a children's book author whose neighborly interest soon turns into obsession.

Dolphin Kick
    After losing his mom, 10-year-old Luke abandons competitive swimming. It takes a friendly dolphin to get him back in the water -- and help him heal

Limitless
    This documentary follows eight women in India who struggle with self-confidence and society's expectations but rediscover themselves through running.

Get Santa
    When Santa gets arrested for trespassing after crashing his sleigh, it's up to a father-son team to spring him from jail and save Christmas.

Deadly Shores
    Anna moves to an island after marrying a mystery writer. There she finds her own mystery: What became of his late wife, and what does it mean for Anna?.

Colossal
    An unemployed New York party girl who's returned to her hometown comes to believe she has a connection to a mega-monster running amok in Seoul.

Girls Hostel season 1
    Four girls from different backgrounds become unlikely friends when they move into a dormitory for female dental students.

Inmates season 1
    While living under one roof, five close-knit 20-somethings maneuver the highs and lows of friendship, romantic entanglements and finding themselves.

Tunnel season 1
    While chasing a serial murderer, a detective ends up 30 years in the future, where he tries to solve the case alongside new partners.

A Stranger Outside
    A babysitting job becomes a life-and-death struggle for a former nurse trapped inside an isolated suburban house by a sadistic killer

and what looks like some polish films from the 70's

added today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,076 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

peteeeed wrote: »
    The Neverending Story

Turn around
    LOOK AT WHAT YOU SEE...EEEEE...EEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ryan Reynolds has revealed that his Michael Bay-directed feature 6 Underground will debut on Netflix on December 13.
    The Deadpool star joked that it would be coming to a “mailbox near you” with a picture of an old Netflix DVD envelope.
    The plot details on 6 Underground have been largely kept under wraps, but it is set to follow six billionaires who form a vigilante squad after faking their deaths in order to take down notorious criminals.
    It sees Reynolds reunite with Deadpool executive producers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. The big-budget movie also stars Mélanie Laurent (Inglorious Basterds), Payman Maadi (A Separation), Corey Hawkins (BlacKkKlansman), Adria Arjona (Triple Frontier), Manuel Garcia-Rulfo (Sicario: Day Of The Soldado), Ben Hardy (X-Men: Apocalypse) Lior Raz (Fauda), and Dave Franco (Now You See Me)

Living Undocumented season 1
    Eight undocumented families' fates roller-coast as the United States' immigration policies are transformed.

Ready to Mingle
    After the man she thought she'd marry breaks up with her, Ana joins a class for single women who are in search of a husband.

added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Colossal
    An unemployed New York party girl who's returned to her hometown comes to believe she has a connection to a mega-monster running amok in Seoul.
    Nice, never got around to seeing this, have had it on my list for a while!

The Deep season 3
    The Nektons are a family of underwater explorers who discover the hidden secrets of the oceans, including sunken cities, sea creatures and pirates.

Seis Manos season 1
    Orphans raised by a martial arts master are plunged into a mystery involving demonic powers, drug cartels, ancient rituals and blood sacrifice.

species

added today

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Another recommendation for Unbelievable. Only gave it a go because of rave reviews from Mrs Sleepy and posters here. Very well done procedural.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

In the shadow of the moon I very much enjoyed. Not a typical American happy ending which was a relief. Thought provoking and an enjoyable couple of hours entertainment. Along the lines of Inception which I very much enjoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

In the shadow of the moon I very much enjoyed. Not a typical American happy ending which was a relief. Thought provoking and an enjoyable couple of hours entertainment. Along the lines of Inception which I very much enjoyed. Never mind Shutter island which is one of my favourite ever movies

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

Unbelievable.

Unbelievably good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lesalare wrote: »
    Unbelievable.

Unbelievably dragged out.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,267 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen & Transformers: Dark of the Moon add there this morning.

Big Mouth: Season 3

In the Tall Grass
    Based on the novella by Stephen King and Joe Hill, when siblings Becky and Cal hear the cries of a young boy lost within a field of tall grass, they venture in to rescue him, only to become ensnared themselves by a sinister force that quickly disorients and separates them. Cut off from the world and unable to escape the field’s tightening grip, they soon discover that the only thing worse than getting lost is being found. Written and directed by Vincenzo Natali.

Ash vs. Evil Dead: Season 2
    “How does it feel to be back?” “Groovy.” STARZ’s hugely entertaining spin-off from the horror franchise continues the tale of Ash Williams (Bruce Campbell) fighting the dark forces from beyond the grave. The 10-episode series roars back into action with Ash leaving his beloved Jacksonville and returning to his hometown of Elk Grove, Michigan. There, he confronts Ruby. The former enemies have to form an uneasy alliance as Elk Grove soon becomes the nucleus of evil.

Miles Ahead
    After a five-year hiatus, troubled jazzman Miles Davis teams up with a brash reporter to retrieve a stolen recording and reignite his career.

Brother in Love
    A robbery leaves a proprietor penniless before his wedding, but becoming a son-in-law to a second family might be the financial solution he needs.

Raising Dion season 1
    A widowed mom sets out to solve the mystery surrounding her young son's emerging superpowers while keeping his extraordinary gifts under wraps.

Rotten season 2
    This docuseries travels deep into the heart of the food supply chain to reveal unsavory truths and expose hidden forces that shape what we eat.

added today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ash vs. Evil Dead: Season 2
    “How does it feel to be back?” “Groovy.” STARZ’s hugely entertaining spin-off from the horror franchise continues the tale of Ash Williams (Bruce Campbell) fighting the dark forces from beyond the grave. The 10-episode series roars back into action with Ash leaving his beloved Jacksonville and returning to his hometown of Elk Grove, Michigan. There, he confronts Ruby. The former enemies have to form an uneasy alliance as Elk Grove soon becomes the nucleus of evil.

added today

Unusual that they only added season 2 since there is a third season which aired last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

The Bill Gates documentary , some of it was interesting but overall I think it was a mess.
    They choping between when he was young to when he was older and what happens in his life was told terrible and it really just shines on what he done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

Quazzie wrote: »
    FYP ;)

Ha! Fair enough, I see your point, but episode 7 and 8 were worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Top Boy is excellent. But you need to watch the first 2 seasons (Renamed Top Boy Summerhouse) to be able to follow it properly. 2nd season is the least good of the 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Peaky Blinders Season 5 is to be uploaded today, anyone have any idea what time it should be or how does it usually work? I normally see new releases uploaded by the morning time.

Top Boy and Unbelievable were great BTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Peaky Blinders Season 5 is to be uploaded today, anyone have any idea what time it should be or how does it usually work? I normally see new releases uploaded by the morning time.

PB season 5 is terrible. Worst season of them all, if fact the only bad season.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wouldn't have expected to see that for about a year. Are you sure?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Mickeroo wrote: »

I wouldn't have expected to see that for about a year. Are you sure?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-peaky-blinders-season-5-drops-on-netflix-today-20191004.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishcentral.com/culture/peaky-blinders-season-5-netflix.amp

have seen a few more reports of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is that not US netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Peaky Blinders Season 5 is rubbish I’m afraid. Remember it, in all it’s brilliance, by not watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Do RTE show Peaky Blinders? It probably wont be on Irish Netflix until after it's aired there.

Advertisement